Haitian color caste system

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Really wish these fakkit ass cacs would just leave Haiti. Same goes for the Dominicans. Haiti has so much untapped potential but it's always getting fukked over. My dad is a Haitian politician and he told me majority of the officials and government are corrupt lapdogs for France, America, Canada, Dominican Republic and Europe. There needs to be a strong Haitian Nationalist president. Haiti 4 Haitians only.
It's always funny to me when i listen to Americans talk about "dictators" and calling out Ghadafi and Casro and Chavez when in reality they, along with the British and the French help maintain most of the dictatorships out there as long as its convenient to them.

Put it this way: When you're in trouble do you call your friends or your enemies to come help you?

Jean Claude Duvalier was a "dictator" and when Haitians forced him out of power and wanted his head who came to get him, again? I was young but i still remember it was a U.S. Air Force aircraft that came to rescue his ass.

Aristide broke or came close to breaking a world record for biggest landslide in an election but was overthrown by Cedras..backed by the United States and Canada. The hypocrisies are just too funny to me despite how sad the sh!t is i have to laugh

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
No such thing. At least not in the way you're thinking

It's a result of a lot of rich foreigners that migrated to Haiti and essentially became Haitian over decades of the families being there. Other part is some of the black mofos who have money being attracted to and marrying mulattos.

Remember when German, Syrians and others were moving to Haiti by the bunches in the mid 1900's Haitians made it illegal for foreigners to OWN land in Haiti. The purpose of said law was to prevent foreigners from coming and buying up all the property while leaving the locals unable to compete in their own land. We've seen how that worked out in some places. See parts of the Bahamas. See Turks and Caicos islands. See Costa Rica.

To circumvent that law many of these foreigners just married Haitian women. Them being white and middle-eastern, they mostly gravitated to.... the lighter-skinned Haitians and mulattos. Thus why you see many Haitian families with german last names and middle eastern last names like Scutt, Acra, Mayher and also including my own last name.
My dads great grandad moved to Haiti from Bangladesh. Thus why many people see my last name on my resume and think I'm indian... only to see a black man show up like "Sak ap fèt, chef?" :smugbiden:

Very Interesting :ohhh:. Hearing Bangladesh and Haiti in same paragraph is different. Not completely surprised about foreigners, cause after/during World War alot of Middle Easterners came to Latin America, cause of the collapse of the Ottoman. One of my favorite college school papers cause it was Latin American history I had never heard about. This is how you get your Shakira, who is Lebanese and Colombian.

Raptor

All Star
Daps
Reppin
World
Its like that everywhere sweetheart. Most Haitians are black Africans with a handful of Mulattoes and a small but powerful Mulatto elite.

Why are SO concerned about color to the point of obsession. This is not a healthy thing for you.
:ahh:must feel good to be a mullato in these places

• Dap
Reactions: Yup

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Where in the world doesn't have a color caste system to keep it real smh

Ya but a color caste system that economically disenfranchised a large chunk of its population? To the point where blackness and poverty is synonymous. While being lighter/mixed means a better life? That's evil. Where the differences are madr in every facet of life work, home schools.
@Yup Don't give into victim blaming. A mulatto elite has controlled Haiti for centuries now.
I am not blaming the victims in fact I starting to understand why Haiti may not protect its population even if the could.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
There is always two sides to a story. And I am trying to understand the other side. Haiti isn't perfect. In order to see the full picture I need to understand why Haiti is In the position that it's in where they can let their population arse being kicker by DR.

@Intruder v3.0 thanks for the know let dropped. But you haven't refuted what I said....there is a color caste system in Haiti. Is there not?

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Ya but a color caste system that economically disenfranchised a large chunk of its population? To the point where blackness and poverty is synonymous. While being lighter/mixed means a better life? That's evil. Where the differences are madr in every facet of life work, home schools.

I am not blaming the victims in fact I starting to understand why Haiti may not protect its population even if the could.
thats literally every country in the Western hemisphere. So what are we talking about here?

Deaf2twothirds

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Babylon & Sodom Reincarnated
Alot of those higher up lightskin Haitians that are well off are tares sons & daughters descended from the french men edomite slave masters of that land like Jean Pierre Boyer whose pops was a Frenchman. True definition of an Oreo.
400px-President_Jean-Pierre_Boyer_of_Haiti_%28Hispaniola_Unification_Regime%29_Portrait.jpg

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps

I could see that happening.

When outsiders mixed with Haitians they lightened them up and put an unnofical label that light skin Haitians were from richer families and it stuck for generations to where it became social

That's my guess since that's how white supremacy usually effects everything

Last edited: