Haitian color caste system

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
I'm not gonna waste anymore time arguing with you @Yup

Bottom line is you wanna better understand Haiti, spend some time there. In my travels across the world, spending time in a place helps me better understand things about it and understand that not all solutions that work everywhere else will work there.

However that "colorism" you speak of doesnt exist. Are there racsit people in Haiti? Yes. Some mulatto families try to keep their kids from marrying black people. But for those are few and far between. The Elite are elite and control the financials. Those Elite are every shade. It's all about the $$$

If you truly want to see the evidence that it's all about the $ look at Aristide's presidency. I dont need to say anything else. Aristide is ultimate proof that the rich will always get their way no matter how powerful and popular a president is. Democracy means nothing once the check clears. I couldnt stand Aristide myself. But i learned a lot watching things unravel during his first term.
I think it's inaccurate to say that colorism in Haiti does not exist. If there is a mulatto elite it's because to a certain extent it does exist. Perhaps not to the extent of DR...I can understand that.

DabbinSauce

Banned
Daps
whats goin on in togo and canada right now, thats what i wanna hear about, could you tell us something about where you come from, what is colorism like in your homeland?

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Interesting...never claim to be an expert and I mentionned that. DR's has its demons but I honestly believe that they are being scapegoated right now. When every black society deals with this issue but at a different extent.
Who blamed DR for anything?

Have you read anything I said???

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life

Why are you getting upset? Your post has nothing to do with what I said. You're speaking of immigration and I am speaking of colorism like the title denotes because many are saying that dominicans issues are racially motivated.

Hence the title "Haitian Color Caste system"...you're cool but if you want to be rude I can be rude back. So perhaps you need to re-read what I wrote.

People have derailed the basis of the thread but I didn't have a problem because they were still discussing the subject somewhat.

Last edited:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Everyone wants to discuss the failures of Haiti, and a caste system, without discussing the effects of White supremacy or knowing the FULL history Haiti. Haiti would be better off as a colony? You serious?

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Everyone wants to discuss the failures of Haiti, and a caste system, without discussing the effects of White supremacy or knowing the FULL history Haiti. Haiti would be better off as a colony? You serious?

Maybe...

A stable and proven nation or group of nations can adopt it and get its government and economy up and running

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Anyone does not needs to do full research before opening a subject. I opened the discussion. Many people on debates they had not fully researched before speaking on it either
You make yourself look dumb tho

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Yes Darling but you can't approach 3rd world problems with 1st world mindset

Do you listen to yourself? Talk about entrepreneur. People in poor countries are way bigger hustlers than those in other countries. But you also have to see what do they have to work with? You speak of government doing things as if all it takes is a magic wand. Said government had to have the MONEY to make things happen. Haiti's government doesnt have a limit-less credit card like that of the United States, boo. You're one of these liberals that think got can make everything happen and pay for everything , huh?

DID YOU KNOW: In order to have the funds to finish the Peligre Electrical project Francois Duvalier sent his goons to rob one of the banks in Haiti. Yes a sitting president needed to rob banks in order to provide electricity to a country. He did so knowing said bank had the funds and the insurance policy to recover from the loss.

And remember Francois Duvalier died leaving the country with ZERO debt and the highest GDP in the caribbean.
lank? This is very interesting :lupe: