Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
what country doesn't :francis:

in damn near every country the poorest people are the darkest skinned:francis:

and the people in charge are light skin

So if talking about the colour caste system of Haiti is redundant than why single out respective countries who practice it? Like DR? It seems quite acceptable to speak on DR colourism and colorist policies on tis site Yet in this thread, people insinuate that colourim is commonplace and futile to discuss.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
[QUOTE="Dip, post: 14312735, member: 7629"]You think Haiti becoming a French colony again would be good how? Howd that work for DR? Hows Martinique and Guadeloupe doing?

What you're suggesting won't happen ever. And if it did happen only famine, war, and more problems would be created

i have Haitian ancestors but i wouldn't consider myself Haitian. but most of the post you are making in here show that you have little knowledge of Haitian culture and history and you're better off taking the time to read up a little more. you came into this thread as if surprised Haiti had colorism issues. last i checked EVERY non white nation had colorism issues. that alone tells me you aren't as knowledgeable as you think. if i come across as hostile and combative that's just how i am.

And i'm not giving the Haitian government a pass. Some of the Haitian posters can probably give more insight but too often the elite Haitians go to France or Miami or screw over the masses in fits of greed. but time and time again outside forces go into Haiti and destabilize it. US not recognizing Haiti til the Civil War, the paying of reparation to France, Germany getting invovled in Hait, MINUSTAH etc. etc.[/QUOTE]

My knowledge revolves around the basics, I never claimed to be an expert on Haiti's political history and made that pretty clear on the very first post. Hence why I invited Haitians to speak on the subject further. So why you insist on bringing it up constantly is beyond me. I zeroed in on colorism and loosely tied it to how it is in effect in Haitian society by drawing from what I've read from I read it's history-separate from DR. You came in with condescension, in the very first post...so I can only assume that hit a nerve despite you not considering yourself Haitian while you do acknowledge that you have Haitian background. Me being surprised that colorism exist in Haiti, is your own conclusion. I have been familiar with Haiti's history on the mixed race ruling elite for a while...I just created the thread recently to open a discussion.

Well that's not something to be proud of. If I can get that through your words, I can only imagine how you are to deal with in person. You are being unnecessarily egregious to posters who are only engaging you in conversation. Perhaps you shouldn't debate with people if you are going to come across that angry.

In addition, I have noticed that many american born second generation immigrant children have a different way.to idenfy than those who live ib canada. I csn only assume it's due to america's melting lot5 principle. But I fail to see how you have direct Haitiab ancestors (mother) ...Whether on one side or both...and you not considering yourself Haitian. That's weird to me, your american passport doesnt change your lineage and the fact is you don't share the history off AA in the Us...unless of course you are half AA.

Last edited:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
[QUOTE="Dip, post: 14312735, member: 7629"]You think Haiti becoming a French colony again would be good how? Howd that work for DR? Hows Martinique and Guadeloupe doing?

What you're suggesting won't happen ever. And if it did happen only famine, war, and more problems would be created

i have Haitian ancestors but i wouldn't consider myself Haitian. but most of the post you are making in here show that you have little knowledge of Haitian culture and history and you're better off taking the time to read up a little more. you came into this thread as if surprised Haiti had colorism issues. last i checked EVERY non white nation had colorism issues. that alone tells me you aren't as knowledgeable as you think. if i come across as hostile and combative that's just how i am.

And i'm not giving the Haitian government a pass. Some of the Haitian posters can probably give more insight but too often the elite Haitians go to France or Miami or screw over the masses in fits of greed. but time and time again outside forces go into Haiti and destabilize it. US not recognizing Haiti til the Civil War, the paying of reparation to France, Germany getting invovled in Hait, MINUSTAH etc. etc.

My knowledge revolves around the basics, I never claimed to be an expert on Haiti's political history and made that pretty clear on the very first post. Hence why I invited Haitians to speak on the subject further. So why you insist on bringing it up constantly is beyond me. I zeroed in on colorism and loosely tied it to how it is in effect in Haitian society by drawing from what I've read from I read it's history-separate from DR. You came in with condescension in the very first post...so I can only assume that hit a nerve. Me being surprised that colorism exist in Haiti, is your own conclusion. I have been familiar with Haiti's history on the mixed race ruling elite...I just created the thread to open a discussion.

Well that's not something to be proud of. If I can get that through your words, I can only imagine how you are in person. You are being unnecessarily egregious to posters who are only engaging you in conversation. Perhaps you shouldn't debate with people if you going to come across that angry.

[/QUOTE]
What is you saying im too high fir this shyt

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So if talking about the colour caste system of Haiti is redundant than why single out respective countries who practice it? Like DR? It seems quite acceptable to speak on DR colourism and colorist policies on tis site Yet in this thread, people insinuate that colourim is commonplace and futile to discuss.

Cause...

3kkpKFo.gif

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Colorism is definitely an issue in Haiti.

In Haiti, dark-skinned people, like Pierre, don't usually run big businesses. That's the province of the mostly light-skinned Haitian elite.

If you're well off in Haiti, "even if the color of your skin is black, you become white," Pierre says. That's a fundamental problem in Haiti, Pierre says: There's an assumption that poor, dark-skinned people can't be successful.

Link

And in a country that's 95% dark skinned that mentality is going to keep you down

Add that to the fact that foreigners are running the economy...

The top six richest families in Haiti are: Madsen, Brandt, Lacombe, Gardere, Mevs and Bigio.

These families are by large of foreign origin. The Mevs and Brandts are originally Jamaicans who immigrated to Haiti. The Biggios came from the Middle Eastern while the Madsens are rooted in Denmark.

Link

And it seems like they're in an insurmountable rut

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: Yup

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life

And in a country that's 95% dark skinned that mentality is going to keep you down

And it seems like there in an insurmountable rut
Right? Posters keep talking about the international politics of Haiti. I want to seak about the internal politics of the island. Now some posters are tripping themselves and saying that colorism is normal and expected. Fine. So let's not single out Dominican Republic....

We talk of Dominicans colorist attitudes because the mentality is pervasive and keeps a large segment of the black population down.

How can blacks effectively fight white supremacy without fighting colorism. Fact is, most blacks are brown to dark skinned. Light skinned blacks do not represent the majority of blacks...so tackling colorism in black societies is essential.

Last edited:

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life

And it seems like there in an insurmountable rut

Thanks for the links. Seems like Haiti has their skeletons in their own closet that they need to attend to.

I have no proof but I wouldn't be surprised if the elite families were in cahoots with the Dominican gov officials.

Last edited:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
North and South Korea
Japan
Tunisia
Poland
Greece
Netherlands
Norway
Austria
Denmark
Finland
Paraguay
China
the Philippines
Jamaica maybe
Ireland?
Rwanda?

all those nations have colorism issues where pale white skin is ideal and the elites are of that shade/color. idk about ireland or Finland

and Jamaica :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
Phillipines :russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ: is this a serious list b

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
all those nations have colorism issues where pale white skin is ideal and the elites are of that shade/color. idk about ireland or Finland

and Jamaica
Phillipines is this a serious list b

I'm just throwing them out there...I thought Jamaica had issues buy I listed it anyway to see if a Jamaican would comment.

But you're a liar if you say that you know whether all of these countries have colorism issues or not...and your logic in the bolded is stupid, tbh. In all of those Scandanavian countries why would you expect the elite to be anything other than white? You think the elites in Korea aren't Korean? Or the elites in China aren't Chinese? or the elites in Tunisia aren't Arab?

Colorism isn't necessarily a factor in every country in the world...it's probably more prevalent in the western hemisphere

Magic 8 Ball

Right on Cue
Daps
Reppin
Pool Table
How much darker are Haitians compared to Dominicans anyway? And how do Haitians compare to black Americans?

They all don't look all that different.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
I am new here. Been lurking the coli for 3 months but this topic made me want to reply. Haiti's problems is a mix of selfish corruption and international oppression. The only people that fix Haiti is Haitians ourselves. The problem is that many of them would rather complain then get together. Ill say this if the entire Haitian diaspora got together on a goal to fix Haiti in 10 years Haiti will turn around. The idea of another country to colonize us again is foolish at best. It will take Haitians to fix Haiti not a foreign power that probably doesny care about us.