Gym shyt you used to swear by that you bushed

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I used to think that all I needed to do for legs was squat my ass off until a homie put me through the leg gauntlet and had me tapping out after 15 minutes.

Dude hasn’t squatted in years and his legs are twice as big and twice as strong as mine and I was hitting legs with a heavy barbell squat twice a week. Threw that shyt in the bushes and now I sumo, lunge, curl, extension and hack on leg day.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My face reading through this thread...

:jbhmm:...:patrice:...:dwillhuh:...:why:...:damn:

Brehs really bushed whey protein? It's bad for your health? Huh?!

I wouldn't say it's bad I'd just say real regular food is better...But it's obvious that if in a bind that it can have a positive effect.

raoulduke187

All Star
Daps
bodybuilding splits/5+ exercises for every bodypart/spending 3 hours at the gym and meanwhile eating like a church mouse - that's how I wasted my first 2 years in the gym reading muscle mags and listening to my highschool friends' idiotic advice:mjlol:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Early on, I did three types of barbell presses, incline bench, flat bench, and decline bench.
Now, I just do flat bench and standing military press.

Daps
Working out like a maniac (mainly because I was 18 and had crazy recovery time). 6-days per week, my workouts would look like this:

1.) Elliptical machine at medium intensity - 30 minutes

2.) Chest/Tri, Shoulder/Back/Biceps, Legs splits...usually 3 x 10 for most exercises - 60 minutes

3.) 7.0 to 8.0 mph with incline on the treadmill - 45 to 60 minutes (substitute outdoor jog 4 to 6 miles on weekends).

4.) Abs - 3x/week for 10 minutes

It was like I was training to play soccer or some shyt. Older cat told me to take it easy and I bulked up from 145 lbs to 190 lbs (body fat went from 7.5% to just under 11%). Got way more attention from females by the middle of my freshman year, but I kind of regret giving up my routine. Strength is important but I loved that runner's high.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think I’m about to toss everything in the pushes except:

Organic multivitamin
5% liver and organ pills
Beta-Alanine
Citrualline Malate
BCAAs (only for fasted cardio)
Caffeine pills (jet fuel)

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Your core gets worked out enough during your heavy compounds." :duck:

fukk that dumb shyt. If anything, that's all the more reason to train core. Get out of the habit of thinking, "This is just for my six pack," and start thinking, "This is an accessory to help improve my heavy lifts."

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
All floor core. fukk that, plenty of standing core exercises that won’t strain your lower back.

Standalone HIIT sessions for cardio (I’ll still get this effect from circuits or HIIT drills within my strength training) but LISS always yields better fat loss results for me as my standalone cardio...I do miss hill sprints tho

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Placing cardio above weightlifting. I hate cardio and was told/have always felt that if I do hit training and left heavy I would be good...boy was I wrong. Cardio has its place and im starting to emphasize it more than weightlifting