Gym shyt you used to swear by that you bushed

1-8-7-Skillz

Superstar
Daps
"Your core gets worked out enough during your heavy compounds." :duck:

fukk that dumb shyt. If anything, that's all the more reason to train core. Get out of the habit of thinking, "This is just for my six pack," and start thinking, "This is an accessory to help improve my heavy lifts."

The worst thing is how a huge number of people in the gym know absolutely nothing about breathing & bracing/ the importance of the core....
Its sad, people lifting with horrible form or being stuck on baby weights with no clue on how they are missing the most important aspect of their body...
I used to know absolutely nothing about it as well, and I always wondered why I was stuck on certain weights so quickly.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Placing cardio above weightlifting. I hate cardio and was told/have always felt that if I do hit training and left heavy I would be good...boy was I wrong. Cardio has its place and im starting to emphasize it more than weightlifting
why are you emphasizing it more than resistance training?

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Gadgets in general. All that monitoring etc, 90% of people who have it are pretending it's helping them anyway.

Stopwatch occasionally on the track or a run.
Gym boss for intervals/tabata if required.
Round bell at the gym.
Piece of paper and a pen if at the weights gym and need to write something before, during or after
White board at home.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
"Your core gets worked out enough during your heavy compounds." :duck:

fukk that dumb shyt. If anything, that's all the more reason to train core. Get out of the habit of thinking, "This is just for my six pack," and start thinking, "This is an accessory to help improve my heavy lifts."
There is a fine line there. A lot of people don’t do heavy compounds and spend more time doing AB training than compounds.

So not disagreeing but 1 set of squats and then 8 sets of standing side crunches with a 45 ain’t doing much either.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lifting heavy for low reps. I lowered my weight and now I hit everything for reps of 20. When I can get thru 3 sets of 20 without a break, I add more weight.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Counting reps.

Don't count, feel.

The difference is immense plus you train a much deeper mind body connection as you know when you're at your limit as opposed to just trying to bang out reps to hit a target. Total game changer.

Will flip everything in your training schedule around once it clicks.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Counting reps.

Don't count, feel.

The difference is immense plus you train a much deeper mind body connection as you know when you're at your limit as opposed to just trying to bang out reps to hit a target. Total game changer.

Will flip everything in your training schedule around once it clicks.
So true

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Another one:

Unpredictable training routines

Your mindbody is sneaky in that if it knows whats coming it can stop you going all out each time because its lazy like that. Always keeping something in the back pocket in case a saber tooth tiger gets the drop on you.

Switching it up so you don't train at the same time, with the same breaks, same program etc.. keeps everything more random and has the element of surprise involved plus the extended recovery from when you take a few days off and then get back at it combined with this means that you simply can't plateau.

Break up the weights with some cardio the cardio with some stretching the stretching with some plyometrics and so on to keep it all guessing as it builds up an amazing level of functional strength and wellness that is far more practical as well as immensely accelerated fat loss, stronger joints, faster metabolism etc..

So much of what people are taught is wrong and not just in the fitness world.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
bushed that whole gym shyt back in 2014. Havent touched weights in 5 years. Hoes still marvel at the body for some reason since my natural frame is wide shoulders + thin waist. Only downside for me is the gold colored stretch marks over my shoulders, chest and arms. Hoes seem like like them too for some reason (they claim it looks unique) :hubie:

might come back to it though once I start getting :flabbynsick:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Post workout shake..,I just eat meals...I legit have one thing of protein powder.