Gym Check-In Thread

Rosecrans

CPT
Supporter
Daps
90 mins cardio today....25 mins HIIT on the treadmill followed by 60 mins on the elliptical doing longer mild interval training and then 5 mins cool down on the bike

#GetLeanOrDieTrying

Tomorrow: Full Body Circuit

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
Today I did....

5x5 Squats (37.5kg)
5x5 Bench Press (30kg)
5x5 Barbell Rows (30kg)

Squatting 40kg on Friday. Nice little Milestone as it's not far away from 100 lbs - the squatting feels kinda easy at the moment because my lower body is very powerful. I'm having more trouble on the more arm-related exercises like Overhead Press and Bench Press. So far, Overhead Press is the one I'm struggling on by the 5th set. I'm completing it, but it's much harder than the other exercises. On Friday, it'll be 32.5kg. I'm making sure I get a full pre-workout meal and some hardcore stretches in before hand :russ:.

I think it's that my shoulders and triceps are a bit weaker than they should be. My doctor says it is because of Dyspraxia but that doesn't explain my lower body strength. Squats and Deadlifts are no problem. I could probably move up at 5kg instead of 2.5kg on Squats but I want to do things properly rather than cut corners.

Bit annoying that I haven't shifted as much fat as I would have liked but it's been about 4 weeks only. Think I'll have to clamp down a bit on my diet and do some more cardio then :manny:

Rosecrans

CPT
Supporter
Daps
Had to take two days off due to circumstances out of my control.

Waking up tomorrow and going extra hard for two hours to make up for it, let's go

Apex

Banned
Daps
Today I did:

5x5 Bench Press (65 lbs)
5x5 Squat (85 lbs)
5x5 Barbell Row (75 lbs)

I need to refine my form for barbell row. My right-knee pain is gone, and I am squatting well again.

Question: my current workout plan has me lifting Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, with the two cardio days being Thursday and Saturday. Is this effective in losing body-fat while gaining muscle?

Apex

Banned
Daps
Still going strong brehs, did back mostly pull ups/chin ups based and then 80 mins of cardio...

Tomorrow: HIIT and then some moderate intensity cardio
Why do you do so much cardio? You're going to lose muscle as well as fat.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I fell off the wagon pretty hard this month. I mean my eating and calories has been immaculate but over the last week I've been to the gym once. I've only lost 15 pounds this month where as last month I'd lost 20 so I'm still 15 away from the goal of 50 pounds. I spent at least a week or so on a plateau with no weight lost so i bumped my calories up from 2200-2400 a day to 3200-3300. I think I'll stay at 3000 ish till weight loss stalls again. I came down too fast initially.

I have an extremely physical job and have been using that as my I don't feel like going to the gym crutch but that's done. I'm up early so off to the gym again. I guess with a week left a 5 pound loss is doable. I could match my previous pace.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
worked out sunday thru friday ... 50 mins, 2 hrs, 2.5 hrs, 2 hrs, 3.5 hrs, 35 mins.

the endorphin addiction has taken over. will try to rest this weekend.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Today I did:

5x5 Bench Press (65 lbs)
5x5 Squat (85 lbs)
5x5 Barbell Row (75 lbs)

I need to refine my form for barbell row. My right-knee pain is gone, and I am squatting well again.

Question: my current workout plan has me lifting Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, with the two cardio days being Thursday and Saturday. Is this effective in losing body-fat while gaining muscle?
Need more info on everything you are doing including nutrition.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Today I did:

5x5 Bench Press (65 lbs)
5x5 Squat (85 lbs)
5x5 Barbell Row (75 lbs)

How are your eating habits because honestly if your diet isn't on the right path, your workouts in terms of building muscle and losing weight becomes ineffective.

Like for example when I weighed 190 I ate like crap, but since I worked out hard 7 days a week I was able to stay at that weight. But once I started to slowly started eating right I started losing more weight week by week untill I got down to 165. (Now I'm up to 171 with 13% BF since I started eating more and lifting heavier.)

Just make sure diet is straight, but don't make it a painful process.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
correct, it was too much.....i wanted to experiment on my body and the claims of the machine. my legs were stiff friday and saturday but experienced no pain. i used to do endurance training so i went for it but going forward i won't go over 2 hours in one workout. i loaded up on wheat germ oil(octacosanol), coenzyme q10, and hawthorn extract to power the heart. went to the gym sunday evening for about 50 mins. to stretch and do a lil cardio to move some lactic acid out of my system.

i ran into a former co-worker this morning after a dental appt and he said he noticed me being cut and diesel.
i thank the coli brehs for always talmbot health and fitness.
I did an hour on the Arc Trainer today and I limped to the finish. That last 10 minutes I was done I usually do half that.