Guillermo Del Toro - The Shape of Water

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I just finished watching it. I stayed away from all of the news, reviews, and even the threads about this film. I had no idea it was a love story at most I was thinking ET. This movie had some incredible performances, beautifully shot, but the plot was dumb AF and so generic.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I just finished watching it. I stayed away from all of the news, reviews, and even the threads about this film. I had no idea it was a love story at most I was thinking ET. This movie had some incredible performances, beautifully shot, but the plot was dumb AF and so generic.
Michael Shannon is in it, so that instantly makes it a great film.
:smoothhoffa:

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Words can't describe how much I hated this film.

When that musical number hit I almost walked out in laughter.

Movie checked every box of Oscar bait, pretentious art house crap. The kind of movie made for people that will stare at somebody who threw up on a white board and call it avant garde high art.

In 10 years I expect a film about a woman fukking her dog to be nominated at the Oscars because that's basically what this is when it boils down to it.

If this movie wins any oscars it will be a damn shame.

fukk this film.:camby:
It actually won. :skip:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Haven't seen it but I've respected Del Toro and enjoyed his work for quite some time. Good to see him finally cash in...and I hope this means he can finally get some of his passion projects funded. Specifically...At The Mountains Of Madness. With little to no studio interference.
:wow:

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
amazing flick...another classic villain portrayal from Shannon
people were acting like there was some graphic merman/human sex scenes, shyt wasn't even that serious

also :pacspit: brewster snitching azz

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Haven't seen it but I've respected Del Toro and enjoyed his work for quite some time. Good to see him finally cash in...and I hope this means he can finally get some of his passion projects funded. Specifically...At The Mountains Of Madness. With little to no studio interference.
:wow:

Gonna peep some time this week.

:Jimmy:

My 4K copy arrives next Tuesday :ahh:

@Dominic Brehetto :umad: