Guillermo Del Toro - The Shape of Water

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Words can't describe how much I hated this film.

When that musical number hit I almost walked out in laughter.

Movie checked every box of Oscar bait, pretentious art house crap. The kind of movie made for people that will stare at somebody who threw up on a white board and call it avant garde high art.

In 10 years I expect a film about a woman fukking her dog to be nominated at the Oscars because that's basically what this is when it boils down to it.

If this movie wins any oscars it will be a damn shame.

fukk this film.:camby:

Daps

Movie checked every box of Oscar bait, pretentious art house crap. The kind of movie made for people that will stare at somebody who threw up on a white board and call it avant garde high art.

In 10 years I expect a film about a woman fukking her dog to be nominated at the Oscars because that's basically what this is when it boils down to it.

It will win

Brains&Beauty

Rookie
Daps

I couldn’t agree more! I just watched this movie thinking it would be good but this movie was absolute trash. It’s literally as though Del Toro was trying to get us to empathize with a woman screwing an animal just because she was lonely and horny. This creature ate a cats head, bones and all! on top of that, they didn’t even do a good job convincing that their connection was real.

The only way you could mistake this creature for anything remotely human is if you just saw his humanoid shape under water. Is that where he got the title for the film?

Everything else about him was animal. Apes can do basic sign language so even that doesn’t count

Del Torro should have stopped at Pan’s Labryinth

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
I couldn’t agree more! I just watched this movie thinking it would be good but this movie was absolute trash. It’s literally as though Del Toro was trying to get us to empathize with a woman screwing an animal just because she was lonely and horny. This creature ate a cats head, bones and all! on top of that, they didn’t even do a good job convincing that their connection was real.

The only way you could mistake this creature for anything remotely human is if you just saw his humanoid shape under water. Is that where he got the title for the film?

Everything else about him was animal. Apes can do basic sign language so even that doesn’t count

Del Torro should have stopped at Pan’s Labryinth

Agreed....nikkas really hyping a movie with a horny chic letting a cat eating animal fukk her.....smh

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

Its gonna win multiple oscars :umad:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Finally saw the movie last night.
Wow what a terrible movie. HAven't seen a boring terrible movie this overhyped from Del Toro since Pan's Labyrinth.
The story itself is ridiculous, the ending, god damn that shyt is as cheesy as you can get.
I don't understand, same with that La La Land bullshyt last year.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Ignoring my response in the other thread huh
No point in rehashing it with another person. :yeshrug:

It's a love story period drama about a character with a disability taking place during the golden era for many academy members.

It being fantasy is just window dressing for the oscar bait film it is.

I rolled my eyes throughout the entire film at how contrived it was.

If this was the best film of 2017 film is dead.

Ricky Church

Stole Timberlake's Spaceship-Coupe
Daps
Reppin
Hudson County N.J. [Jersey City 201]
I should have watched the trailer before watching this shyt. I got spoiled with Del Toro's older work and it was automatic watch for me.
Especially when some of the reviews I skimmed through compared it in likeness to Pan's Labyrinth. :martin:

shyt was scraping the bottom of the garbage bin trash.