Guillermo Del Toro - The Shape of Water

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
great movie, but the bestiality aspect is :scust:
:jbhmm:through out the movie i kept thinking about that Paul Mooney Joke on hollywood making the white woman fukk anything. making musical scores “one day you gonna come home and find your kid fukking your dog singing Beauty and the Beast”. :deadmanny:
“put a black woman as the love interest”
“the fly you’ll never buzz on this p*ssy”
“swamp thing you better get back in that pot of greens” :mjgrin:

Say what you will but Mooney has been spot on regarding White Hollywood. Dude is prophetic :pachaha:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I thought it was good but definitely not worth all the massive praise. It seems with this they are rewarding Del Toro in hindsight for Pan's Labyrinth, a movie that did deserve all the praise in the world.

Still, I enjoyed the social parallels and it felt like a mature Jean-Pierre Jeunet film. It definitely put some good will back on GDT's side.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
It seems with this they are rewarding Del Toro in hindsight for Pan's Labyrinth, a movie that did deserve all the praise in the world.
Exactly how I feel. I think this is the most accessible of the "Oscar buzz" films and the easiest watch (along with Lady Bird). Funny enough I did get some Amelie vibes from this movie (a good thing).