GTA VI Supposedly in Development Hell

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Call me when they have full dive Matrix VR :snooze:

I think the quest is gonna continue to be the switch/portable of VR, which is highly accessible and cheap but underpowered. The PSVR will be the midline VR kind of like consoles are now, it will probably get the best 1st party games, and PCVR will be the top of the line, high cost units.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Rockstar has a great record at this point for me to doubt them despite the way they have been moving lol

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They are moving GTAV to VR. The switch to VR is coming. I really feel like the next game is going to be heavily built on VR and this Metaverse thing Facebook is pushing. They are already testing it out with this move.

:bryan::bryan::bryan: I’m not laughing at you breh I’m laughing at the prospect

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
RDR1 remaster is the last bullet they have in the chamber. And they know it.

You can't get rid of all the elite writers, creators, developers and expect to put out a new title that's going to be half as good. Recycled nostalgia is the only thing they can confidently sell at this point, and theyre just about out of stock. They can only stall for so long

If GTA 6 ever happens its going to be the biggest shyt show you've ever seen. You could see it from a mile away. Its going to be that official "Wow wtf happened to Rockstar" moment throughout the entire gaming community.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I believe the game is a mess. All their elite talent is gone. As soon as I saw flying vehicles and heavy militarization in GTA Online (making it more like Saints Row) it seemed like there was a power shift to cash grab has hard as possible.
Exactly why I don’t play the online shyt…

If Rockstar want redemption they will check their egos and let Houser rock and bring back his old crew for one last encore

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
Rockstar has a great record at this point for me to doubt them despite the way they have been moving lol

but what changed? You gotta identify the common denominator thats consistent with their "great record". All the piff theyve put out over the years, theyve had a dream team of writers and developers running the show and building their infrastructure and identity.

Theve successfully pissed them off and drove them out the door, and they havent even attempted to create a new game since.

This is like your star QB, running back, O-line, WR and coach saying fxck this im out after winning 4 straight championships. And you there saying "yeah well this team just won 4 championships so im still not gonna doubt them":heh: you gotta look at why they won in the first place.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
GTA 5 was the last real big release ever for a video game

I remember going to Best Buy that morning and it looked like Black Friday (just in the gaming section) :mjlol:

I then went later to a GameStop in the evening , and there was a line out the door to pick up your reserve copy

shyt was different..I could be wrong but I feel like I saw news coverage of it too throughout the day on various channels :wow:

they better find a way to recreate that magic

Once VI finally do get announced it will break countless records. :banderas:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
but what changed? You gotta identify the common denominator thats consistent with their "great record". All the piff theyve put out over the years, theyve had a dream team of writers and developers running the show and building their infrastructure and identity.

Theve successfully pissed them off and drove them out the door, and they havent even attempted to create a new game since.

This is like your star QB, running back, O-line, WR and coach saying fxck this im out after winning 4 straight championships. And you there saying "yeah well this team just won 4 championships so im still not gonna doubt them":heh: you gotta look at why they won in the first place.
Until they put out a horrible product, I see no point in criticizing something that does not exist lol:manny:

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
Until they put out a horrible product, I see no point in criticizing something that does not exist lol:manny:

So somehow someway theyll just pull something great off no matter what becuase its R* and theyre too big to fail or put out a disappointing title, despite everything that has changed for them the past 2-3 years?
I commend the optimism atleast:ehh:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
So somehow someway theyll just pull something great off no matter what becuase its R* and theyre too big to fail or put out a disappointing title, despite everything that has changed for them the past 2-3 years?
I commend the optimism atleast:ehh:
Yes:mjlit:

Don't get me wrong, losing all this talent looks bad but its like Tyson, I just wont believe the downfall till I see it