Grubb gets the call and clarifies what he means on Hi-Fi rush not meeting "Expectations"

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
its hilarious how Sony Stans create strawmen to argue against
It isn't a "straw man", you guys gush over and love when these "insiders" post good Xbox related news. Dusk Golem, Grubb and whoever else posted good news for Xbox and it was threads spanning dozens of pages with unwavering belief in the info.

When Grubb said Starfield was going to be revealed/launched in 2021, none of you guys pulled out the magnifying glass and started turning over every stone. It was excitement and :ohlawd: but soon as Grubb starts to post Xbox news that isn't flattering suddenly you guys become unpaid fact checkers looking for anything to discredit his entire "journalism" career when the news doesn't fit your angle.

Case in point:
Literally first reply in thread(titled Starfield unveling/launch in 2021 or something like that) where Grubb says Starfield is launching in 2021. No scrutiny, no analysis or whatsoever just straight up hype beasts lol

You weren't in that thread surprisingly to call the people in that thread "pathetic" for running with the news.

This thread:

No "this is probably bs" or "y'all just running with his info" comments since the news comes off as bad for Sony. Just straight up acceptance and no questioning the information. You guys are see through like Casper the ghost.

Why not just admit you're a biased Xbox/Microsoft stan? It's pretty obvious you have a bias against Sony and root for MSFT.

Join the war comrade.
austin-powers-dr-evil.gif

Last edited:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Pop shyt and apologize ask Grubb … horn flute
…..

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It isn't a "straw man", you guys gush over and love when these "insiders" post good Xbox related news. Dusk Golem, Grubb and whoever else posted good news for Xbox and it was threads spanning dozens of pages.

When Grubb said Starfield was going to be revealed/launched in 2021, none of you guys pulled out the magnifying glass and started turning over every stone. It was excitement and :ohlawd: but soon as Grubb starts to post Xbox news that isn't flattering suddenly you guys become unpaid fact checkers looking for anything to discredit his entire career.

Case in point:

Literally first reply in thread(titled Starfield unveling/launch in 2021 or something like that) where Grubb says Starfield is launching in 2021. No scrutiny, no analysis or whatsoever just straight up hype beasts lol

:banderas:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It isn't a "straw man", you guys gush over and love when these "insiders" post good Xbox related news. Dusk Golem, Grubb and whoever else posted good news for Xbox and it was threads spanning dozens of pages.

When Grubb said Starfield was going to be revealed/launched in 2021, none of you guys pulled out the magnifying glass and started turning over every stone. It was excitement and :ohlawd: but soon as Grubb starts to post Xbox news that isn't flattering suddenly you guys become unpaid fact checkers looking for anything to discredit his entire career.

Case in point:

You weren't in that thread surprisingly to call the people in that thread "pathetic" for running with the news.

No "this is probably bs" or "y'all just running with his info" comments since the news comes off as bad for Sony.
It’s about the game existing dummy.

That’s not even a rumor. Microsoft said the game was coming out at that time.

I don’t care about him flip flopping on when the PS5 showcase is cause everything he says has been halfway bullshyt.

I ain’t the Jeff Grub police. That’s you goofys hanging in his every word just for him to be wrong every single time. I didn’t even come in that dumb ass thread:stopitslime:

If you are gonna take the time to search. Actually check my record
Been saying this. 99% of the time “insiders” are full of shyt and just making guesses.
As per usual. I’m the one keeping it consistent here. You goofy fukkers flip flop then try to project your nasty behavior on everyone else.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
It isn't a "straw man", you guys gush over and love when these "insiders" post good Xbox related news. Dusk Golem, Grubb and whoever else posted good news for Xbox and it was threads spanning dozens of pages with unwavering belief in the info.

When Grubb said Starfield was going to be revealed/launched in 2021, none of you guys pulled out the magnifying glass and started turning over every stone. It was excitement and :ohlawd: but soon as Grubb starts to post Xbox news that isn't flattering suddenly you guys become unpaid fact checkers looking for anything to discredit his entire "journalism" career when the news doesn't fit your angle.

Case in point:

This thread:

No "this is probably bs" or "y'all just running with his info" comments since the news comes off as bad for Sony. Just straight up acceptance and no questioning the information. You guys are see through like Casper the ghost.

Why not just admit you're a biased Xbox/Microsoft stan? It's pretty obvious you have a bias against Sony and root for MSFT.

Join the war comrade.
austin-powers-dr-evil.gif
I've always spoken out against trusting insiders and leakers. word to cboat

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Hi Fi rush doesn't count?
eh, the performance and resolution is dependent on the hardware. a lot of 'AAA' games would run like that on the Switch

the 'AAA' distinction usually has to do with the budget. but when I tried to get people here to clarify what it means, I got a bunch of "you know what I mean :stopitslime:". and a lot of people do seem to think it has to do with graphics or whatever. but for instance, I wouldn't call that new photo realistic game "Unrecord" a 'AAA' game, even though it's got graphics we've never really seen

I would call Hi-Fi Rush 'AA'
And I'll call it what it really is.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Going through the forum, I find it funny that the same brehs use the same 3 guys as their sources.

Tom Warren, Jez Corden and Jeff Grubb. Yet when one of them has negative news...
I heard is isn't news though.

If grubb would have posted that himself I could understand where you're coming from.

Instead everyone else especially the stans took that part of his statement as law and then adding a bunch other "fake news" to it for clicks.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is an old lazy take.

Enthusiast press content like interviews with directors and execs is journalism, leaking work conditions/abuses to reporters and keeping sources is journalism, writing in depth descriptions of corporate culture and dev cycles is journalism. RockPaperShotgun, Polygon, GamesIndustry.biz, Digital Foundry and many others take ethics into account when they write a story or produce a video, no different from Hollywood Reporter or Film Comment. If you only pay attention to IGN or youtubers that's on you.
Video game companies are highly unethical companies in how they treat, psychologically manipulate, and prey on their customers. Part of the reason they are this way is because the gaming press mostly exist to celebrate the products they put out.

There's a reason Capcom snuck microtransactions into Resident Evil 4 Remake after it's release, after the gaming press covered it, and without making it known beforehand that would be happening. How many gaming publications really took Capcom to task for that level of deceptive practices? We all know it was deliberately done that way. The reality is Capcom gets to put out a game have it be celebrated and still target their whales. At the end of the year RE4R is a GOTY candidate. No publication will step up and talk about how they're disappointed in how Capcom deceived them and the general public and they're removing their score and it's not under GOTY consideration.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Video game companies are highly unethical companies in how they treat, psychologically manipulate, and prey on their customers. Part of the reason they are this way is because the gaming press mostly exist to celebrate the products they put out.

There's a reason Capcom snuck microtransactions into Resident Evil 4 Remake after it's release, after the gaming press covered it, and without making it known beforehand that would be happening. How many gaming publications really took Capcom to task for that level of deceptive practices? We all know it was deliberately done that way. The reality is Capcom gets to put out a game have it be celebrated and still target their whales. At the end of the year RE4R is a GOTY candidate. No publication will step up and talk about how they're disappointed in how Capcom deceived them and the general public and they're removing their score and it's not under GOTY consideration.

Yup, I agree that's an example of bad journalism.

Same as all the publications who continue to cover the films of Woody Allen and Roman Polanski despite what they've done.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Yup, I agree that's an example of bad journalism.

Same as all the publications who continue to cover the films of Woody Allen and Roman Polanski despite what they've done.
we're getting further off topic. but is it wrong to separate the art from the artist?

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
we're getting further off topic. but is it wrong to separate the art from the artist?

As a consumer no, but media press is a symbiotic relationship where ethics are more important, when you take a sacrifice and risk your connections you have the opportunity to change things for the entire industry.