Grubb gets the call and clarifies what he means on Hi-Fi rush not meeting "Expectations"

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
As a consumer no, but media press is a symbiotic relationship where ethics are more important, when you take a sacrifice and risk your connections you have the opportunity to change things for the entire industry.
I think it has it's place, but it's not necessary if the objective is reviewing the product. if I'm watching a review of a new Nike sneaker, I don't need to hear about how they're made in sweatshops.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we're getting further off topic. but is it wrong to separate the art from the artist?

I think that's something that has to be answered per individual artist, as opposed to a blanket statement.

For example, it's easier for me to separate Michael Jackson from Michael Jackson's music because his work largely was uninvolved the fukkery he may or may not have been involved in. Theoretically, someone could listen to a greatest hits collection from him, and have little to no reason to believe he might've been up to some wild shyt.

But for someone like Woody Allen, that's harder. One of his most revered movies is about him, as a 42 year old, engaging in a relationship with a 17 year old. That's fukking CRAZY considering the allegations against him, and that he found multiple ways to write/direct himself and others into May December style relationships and situations.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think that's something that has to be answered per individual artist, as opposed to a blanket statement.

For example, it's easier for me to separate Michael Jackson from Michael Jackson's music because his work largely was uninvolved the fukkery he may or may not have been involved in. Theoretically, someone could listen to a greatest hits collection from him, and have little to no reason to believe he might've been up to some wild shyt.

But for someone like Woody Allen, that's harder. One of his most revered movies is about him, as a 42 year old, engaging in a relationship with a 17 year old. That's fukking CRAZY considering the allegations against him, and that he found multiple ways to write/direct himself and others into May December style relationships and situations.

Or R Kelly. Can’t really listen to Robert ‘The Pied Piper’ Kelly’s music without hearing all that nasty shyt embedded in it.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Or R Kelly. Can’t really listen to Robert ‘The Pied Piper’ Kelly’s music without hearing all that nasty shyt embedded in it.

Valid point. It's really hard to make that split for someone like him when so much of his music was sexual.

But I'm not even gonna lie like it ain't on and popping as soon as I hear "Now usually, I don't do this, but uh....." I have no idea why, but I'd wager that despite being a remix of a song comparing a vagina to an ignition, and nearly all the lyrics being sexual, most people think of it more as a party song than anything else.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Valid point. It's really hard to make that split for someone like him when so much of his music was sexual.

But I'm not even gonna lie like it ain't on and popping as soon as I hear "Now usually, I don't do this, but uh....." I have no idea why, but I'd wager that despite being a remix of a song comparing a vagina to an ignition, and nearly all the lyrics being sexual, most people think of it more as a party song than anything else.

A lot of that shyt would still ring off if it actually got spins, but idk how many people are just willingly throwing on his music at this point. It’s mostly out of sight out of mind.

Might be the most impactful cancellation in entertainment cause people really do love his music. Even during the early stages of his trial peopel were still debating whether or not he was the king of r&b

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of that shyt would still ring off if it actually got spins, but idk how many people are just willingly throwing on his music at this point. It’s mostly out of sight out of mind.

Might be the most impactful cancellation in entertainment cause people really do love his music. Even during the early stages of his trial peopel were still debating whether or not he was the king of r&b

True. But honestly, it hit so hard because he did it to himself. It's just too difficult for people to shoot him bail when you look at his catalogue, realize that a crazy portion of his music isn't just about fukking, but explicitly so. It's crazy, because he actually proved that he could make good music with the sexuality cranked down, or at least written a bit more cleverly. Happy People did well, and Love Letter/Write Me Back were received well. He just couldn't move on from the style of music that ended up being used against him.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
True. But honestly, it hit so hard because he did it to himself. It's just too difficult for people to shoot him bail when you look at his catalogue, realize that a crazy portion of his music isn't just about fukking, but explicitly so. It's crazy, because he actually proved that he could make good music with the sexuality cranked down, or at least written a bit more cleverly. Happy People did well, and Love Letter/Write Me Back were received well. He just couldn't move on from the style of music that ended up being used against him.

To bring it back full circle, I wonder how people are going to treat this High on Life DLC. Justin Roiland was acquitted of domestic abuse but the damage is done, and those text messages still exist.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I believe the damage is done. At the end of the day, Microsoft got to release quality AAA games that aren't Halo, Gears, or Forza to kill the noise.

we've been saying this over 10 years. They've been in The Nile. Phil says every year they are coming. Tumbleweeds, but the shills keep shillin for this cac.

Damage already done anyway for ANOTHER gen.

Just become a publisher and get out the game.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To bring it back full circle, I wonder how people are going to treat this High on Life DLC. Justin Roiland was acquitted of domestic abuse but the damage is done, and those text messages still exist.

Probably still bushed, honestly. All that came out at the worst possible time for him. It seemed like more people than ever were over his shyt as far as writing and voice performances go, then those texts added on that he's a fukking dip shyt on top of that. His L was coming, the charges probably just sped it up.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
we've been saying this over 10 years. They've been in The Nile. Phil says every year they are coming. Tumbleweeds, but the shills keep shillin for this cac.

Damage already done anyway for ANOTHER gen.

Just become a publisher and get out the game.

They’ll reset the clock with Activision but i honestly don’t see what difference it will make

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
I think it has it's place, but it's not necessary if the objective is reviewing the product. if I'm watching a review of a new Nike sneaker, I don't need to hear about how they're made in sweatshops.
If that how you see it, then fine, but it helps others make an informed decision, which is part of the buying process for me.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Its honestly rare that I highly disagree with critics these days.

People were loudly and boldly saying the critics were wrong about the Mario movie and I thought it was spot on. Anyone that thinks that movie is a 98% type movie is on some nostalgia juice :yeshrug:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
what kind of grown person is expecting a Mario movie to be anything worth while?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its honestly rare that I highly disagree with critics these days.

People were loudly and boldly saying the critics were wrong about the Mario movie and I thought it was spot on. Anyone that thinks that movie is a 98% type movie is on some nostalgia juice :yeshrug:
Nah, them critics were bugging. Most people I've talked to loved the movie including me. I could not disagree with the critics more. I wasn't going into Mario expecting a Studio Ghibli story.