Grubb gets the call and clarifies what he means on Hi-Fi rush not meeting "Expectations"

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nah, them critics were bugging. Most people I've talked to loved the movie including me. I could not disagree with the critics more. I wasn't going into Mario expecting a Studio Ghibli story.

I mean, im not expecting peak animation, i just thought it was minions level good instead of mitchells vs the machines Lego Movie good, which is what the reviews suggested.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean, im not expecting peak animation, i just thought it was minions level good instead of mitchells vs the machines Lego Movie good, which is what the reviews suggested.
My head ass thinking critics were just mad there wasn't any gay shyt in the movie or tranny Mario powerup.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I have not seen mario. But a movie like that could be a very enjoyable and fun time and still be a “bad” movie. In that case i can understand the disconnect between viewers and critics.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I have not seen mario. But a movie like that could be a very enjoyable and fun time and still be a “bad” movie. In that case i can understand the disconnect between viewers and critics.

Thats really what it is, it’s definitely a “fun” movie especially if you grew up with mario or you’re a younger kid but it wasn’t cinema. A 55-59% RT is fair imo

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Hi-fi Rush should have been multi platform. I don’t have an Xbox but I have it for Steam Deck. I will be playing it on my flight to Vegas. I’ve played it while docked, but I enjoy it handheld more. I think it could have done really well on the Switch.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tried it and it’s pretty good :ehh:

I didn’t get a good amount of time with it but from what I did play I could see the intrigue

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

:scust:
Just like everything else on the internet. People say whatever then are shocked when it's used maliciously and then want to say what they didn't mean. It would be one thing if it was just random but when you are suppose to be a professional "in the industry":comeon:

Saying a title didn't hit what it needed to hit and then been shocked that all the outlets are running with it

surprised-pikachu.gif

:ohhh: