GREEN LANTERN to be John Stewart, not Hal Jordan, in DCEU

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
I don't know actually.

He's one of the only people, along with Chris Evans who has done both Marvel and DC movies. I think 'Pacific Rim' was WB too. Not sure if he's contractually barred from doing DC projects now because he plays Heimdall, but the only thing I can think that might dissuade them from pursuing him is his age. Particularly if they're gunning for multiple movies.
Ben Afleck (Batman) is also Daredevil.
Ryan Renolds (Green Lantern) is also Deadpool.
The funniest one though is dude that played Cyclops was fukking Lois Lane in the Simperman movie.

shyt is mad stupid casting people as more than one superhero IMO.
Idris Alba and Chris Evans both play multiple characters just within the Marvel universe (Idris is in Ghostrider & Thor as different chars, Evans is Cap and Human Torch)
You would think there are only 50 actors in the world or something.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Ben Afleck (Batman) is also Daredevil.
Ryan Renolds (Green Lantern) is also Deadpool.
The funniest one though is dude that played Cyclops was fukking Lois Lane in the Simperman movie.

shyt is mad stupid casting people as more than one superhero IMO.
Idris Alba and Chris Evans both play multiple characters just within the Marvel universe (Idris is in Ghostrider & Thor as different chars, Evans is Cap and Human Torch)
You would think there are only 50 actors in the world or something.

I get your point, but they are all Fox (or Sony) properties. I feel like they know their main bread and butter doesn't come from superhero movies, so they're less inclined to worry about where actors go.

The distinction I was going for was Marvel as a studio and WB/DC.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
I get your point, but they are all Fox (or Sony) properties. I feel like they know their main bread and butter doesn't come from superhero movies, so they're less inclined to worry about where actors go.

The distinction I was going for was Marvel as a studio and WB/DC.
Right, I get you.
Just saying... as a fan its hard to forget that now Deadpool has a power ring or Daredevil is Batman though. Even though its a different studio that sticks with you.

Whats really funny is I associate Toby McGuire with Spiderman, but I was watching the first Spiderman with my youngest neice and she kept calling him 'Seabiscuits dad' :dead:
Then after the third or so time I really thought about what she was saying and I'm like SEABISCUIT IS A DAMN HORSE THATS NOT HIS DAD THATS JUST HIS JOCKEY STOP SAYING THAT :heh:
So kids remember shyt, especially. I posted a thread on here about how she thought Gaston from Beauty and the Beast killed Bambi's mom cause we she was watching all the movies back to back and stopped seperating the charactrs after awhile.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Exactly, this is their counter to the Black Panther franchise. It would looke bad for DC if thry dont have a black lead and Marvel has 3 plus movies for Panther. Let the black guy from American sniper play him since hes unknown.

To be fair, DC announced that they were doing a Cyborg movie first. Ppl started asking how come DC is gonna have a movie with a black lead and a female lead (Wonder Women), while marvel had only white males as leads.

One could argue that marvel's response was the BP and captain marvel announcement.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do blacks celebrate this? They literally have no choice. They have to have a black guy and its either cyborg or Stewart :pachaha:
They don't have to have a black guy as gl cyborg has already been cast and announced prior to this.
:what:

They already announced Cyborg for Justice League and signed up an actor for him months ago, and they also announced a Cyborg solo movie and a Wonder Woman movie before 'Marvel's' announcement for Black Panther and Captain Marvel... which had people saying BP and CM was Marvel's quick response to DC announcing a black and female led superhero film.

So that is why people were skeptical that John would make the cut since there was already a token "black guy" announced and a host of other ethnic groups that they obviously could have went with for "diversity". But if these rumors are true.. it'll be both Stewart and Cyborg in the JL's big 7.

Cyborg is whatever but... why would 'blacks' celebrate one of the GOAT black characters making it to the big screen? fukk type of question is that? :heh:
Thank you . and at first I thought marvel wasn't reacting but now thE further it goes I'm starting to think that solo movies for BP aNd CM were reactionary . The lack of both characters in AOA now that reviews are leaking confirms that aspect in my mind .
Now I'd actually like to see all the earth sector GLs in the movie . Guy Gardner was always my favorite as a kid then Kyle as. John Stewart I had mostly remembered for failing in mosaic.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
To be fair, DC announced that they were doing a Cyborg movie first. Ppl started asking how come DC is gonna have a movie with a black lead and a female lead (Wonder Women), while marvel had only white males as leads.

One could argue that marvel's response was the BP and captain marvel announcement.
nah. The BP movie was coming they already had seeds planted in the Avengers trailer and they got chad boseman signed on for it before the dc announcement. I can't say anything about Captain Marvel though.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
nah. The BP movie was coming they already had seeds planted in the Avengers trailer and they got chad boseman signed on for it before the dc announcement. I can't say anything about Captain Marvel though.

Was it known he signed on before the announcement? All we have, as far as I know, is his Breakfast Club interview, in which he has a bad poker face lol. At best we can tell for sure he was approach for the role at the time (shooting for civil war was coming up). His own movie however? Idk.

Either way, it's all semantics at this point, unless someone reveals who did what, and when.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Was it known he signed on before the announcement? All we have is his Breakfast Club interview, in which he has a bad poker face lol. At best we can tell for sure he was approach for the role at the time (shooting for civil war was coming up). His own movie however? Idk.

Either way, it's all semantics at this point, unless someone reveals who did what, and when.
He said he had been signed on for for over a month in an interview and again the age of ultron easter eggs were filmed long before the Warner announcement.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I thought the announcement of the dude playing Cyborg happened in the spring of 2014 and then WB/DC announced their full movie slate in early October.
Chad wasn't signed till after that.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I thought the announcement of the dude playing Cyborg happened in the spring of 2014 and then WB/DC announced their full movie slate in early October.
Chad wasn't signed till after that.
Yeah, they announced the Cyborg dude around then but there wasn't any talk about a Cyborg movie till the announcement and IIRC even the actor was surprised Cyborg was getting his own movie.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He said he had been signed on for for over a month in an interview and again the age of ultron easter eggs were filmed long before the Warner announcement.
The solo movie wasn't announced the Easter eggs of wakanda existed sure but that doesn't mean the solo movie was in the works. I mean the original guy who spoiled the next phase had it accurate didn't he outside of BP/cm .

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, they announced the Cyborg dude around then but there wasn't any talk about a Cyborg movie till the announcement and IIRC even the actor was surprised Cyborg was getting his own movie.
But that doesn't mean his movie wasn't in the works though . He was cast and going to be featured in b vs s already . Just because he didn't know until the day before the announcement doesn't mean this wasn't the plan . It's just because cyborgs place in DC until the new 52 was a member of the Titans and nothing more but since the Titans cartoon and his elevation into the big 7 of DC it makes sense . DC replaced Martin manhunter the heart of the jl with cyborg years ago . Maybe people just didn't read the tea leaves

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They cast a 6'4 Samoan as Aquaman though and I highly doubt "cute" is a description anyone would use for Jesse Eisenberg.

And Aldis Hodge should be cast as John Stewart.
ls62DEg.jpg

if it's not stringer, this is the cat I want to get the role...he'd have to be more serious for the role, something I haven't seen him do yet, but I think he would kill it...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly, this is their counter to the Black Panther franchise. It would looke bad for DC if thry dont have a black lead and Marvel has 3 plus movies for Panther. Let the black guy from American sniper play him since hes unknown.

They need to make a Mr Terrific movie with a strong black lead if they are serious though.

what?....you do realize marvel is the one countering right?....before DC announced ww, the rock as black adam, a latino flash, cyborg, etc., marvel's main leads were white males....bp, a female cap marvel, etc. is their response....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But that doesn't mean his movie wasn't in the works though . He was cast and going to be featured in b vs s already . Just because he didn't know until the day before the announcement doesn't mean this wasn't the plan . It's just because cyborgs place in DC until the new 52 was a member of the Titans and nothing more but since the Titans cartoon and his elevation into the big 7 of DC it makes sense . DC replaced Martin manhunter the heart of the jl with cyborg years ago . Maybe people just didn't read the tea leaves

think we'll get MMH in the jl movie, that's why there is no talk of him yet...no reason to plant the seed yet....