GREEN LANTERN to be John Stewart, not Hal Jordan, in DCEU

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah. But DC ain't giving me much reason to think otherwise.
Only black dude you are gonna see in Justice League is Cyborg most likely.
If I were putting money on it, I'm thinking he won't even have powers. They'll introduce him as Victor (his human identity) and he'll be a misc kid that gets hurt during one of the fights in tthe background, so they can set him up to get the cybornetics in a later movie.

They told an already bald Brian Cranston fresh off of Breaking Bad hype that he couldn't be Lex Luthor cause they wanted to cast a young cute Lex... then they cast a 90 pound model as wonder woman... you look at the pretty boy superman and ben affleck... I'm thinking they are gonna dawson's creek GL and Flash and just round out the cast that way. It seems they have a team look in mind.

I could be wrong though.

I hope I'm wrong.
He'll be cyborg In the jla movie .

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Why do blacks celebrate this? They literally have no choice. They have to have a black guy and its either cyborg or Stewart :pachaha:
Exactly, this is their counter to the Black Panther franchise. It would looke bad for DC if thry dont have a black lead and Marvel has 3 plus movies for Panther. Let the black guy from American sniper play him since hes unknown.

They need to make a Mr Terrific movie with a strong black lead if they are serious though.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
This post is terrible. And why in the hell would they included hal and THEN make a john Stewart gl movie?
Didn't say that, at all.
Just because John Stewart is in a GL movie doesn't mean he is THE titular lantern. The movie is also gonna have Sinetro, probably Kilowag, and numerous other lanterns in it.
Just cause they cast somebody to play John Stewart doesn't mean they are doing a John Stewart GL movie. Only that he is in the movie.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Nobody want cyborg, Dc keep pushing that after spending time shyting on they black superhero that fans really care about like static and john
I agree.. I hate cyborg as of late.
Used to like him back when he was a titan... but I hate that he has Martian Manhunter's spot at the moment.

I bet this new Cyborg DC is pushing provides an unparalleled oppritunity for toys though.
I don't even consider him black really. He's a fukking robot. He doesn't represent me.

John Stewart has story arcs where he deals with black issues.
Cyborg has story arcs where he deals with being a robot.

Its bs that people accept this dude as them filling the black quota for JLA.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I agree.. I hate cyborg as of late.
Used to like him back when he was a titan... but I hate that he has Martian Manhunter's spot at the moment.

I bet this new Cyborg DC is pushing provides an unparalleled oppritunity for toys though.
I don't even consider him black really. He's a fukking robot. He doesn't represent me.

John Stewart has story arcs where he deals with black issues.
Cyborg has story arcs where he deals with being a robot.

Its bs that people accept this dude as them filling the black quota for JLA.

:deadrose:

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
:patrice: Nothing says leading character though. At best I'm thinking the GL movie will be Corps heavy with John getting heavy shine. Idris is the biggest name they can get and honestly that's a longshot. This movie is going to be wild expensive and a potential franchise, they're not putting it on the back of a Tyrese level star by himself.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
They literally have no choice. They have to have a black guy and it's either Stewart or Cyborg.

:what:

They already announced Cyborg for Justice League and signed up an actor for him months ago, and they also announced a Cyborg solo movie and a Wonder Woman movie before 'Marvel's' announcement for Black Panther and Captain Marvel... which had people saying BP and CM was Marvel's quick response to DC announcing a black and female led superhero film.

So that is why people were skeptical that John would make the cut since there was already a token "black guy" announced and a host of other ethnic groups that they obviously could have went with for "diversity". But if these rumors are true.. it'll be both Stewart and Cyborg in the JL's big 7.

Cyborg is whatever but... why would 'blacks' celebrate one of the GOAT black characters making it to the big screen? fukk type of question is that? :heh:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
:patrice: Nothing says leading character though. At best I'm thinking the GL movie will be Corps heavy with John getting heavy shine. Idris is the biggest name they can get and honestly that's a longshot. This movie is going to be wild expensive and a potential franchise, they're not putting it on the back of a Tyrese level star by himself.

I don't know actually.

He's one of the only people, along with Chris Evans who has done both Marvel and DC movies. I think 'Pacific Rim' was WB too. Not sure if he's contractually barred from doing DC projects now because he plays Heimdall, but the only thing I can think that might dissuade them from pursuing him is his age. Particularly if they're gunning for multiple movies.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I don't know actually.

He's one of the only people, along with Chris Evans who has done both Marvel and DC movies. I think 'Pacific Rim' was WB too. Not sure if he's contractually barred from doing DC projects now because he plays Heimdall, but the only thing I can think that might dissuade them from pursuing him is his age. Particularly if they're gunning for multiple movies.

Thor 3 is the last movie he's obligated to do with Marvel... and back when Tyrese was doing his social media campaigning, he posted (maybe via some fan) how WB had been pursuing Idris for the role but couldn't do anything official because he was still with Marvel. He even joked and said "Idris, I got this man!" or something to that extent.

So I feel Idris is their preferred choice. There were even rumors of them trying to get Denzel a couple years ago, and he's even older... so I don't think the age would be the issue. It's just a matter of that Marvel contract and what Idris wants to do.