Gov. Newsom Signs Law For Black Americans (FBA/Freedmen) To Be Identified As A Separate Group

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Unfortunately, I mentioned Julia came out a couple months after the Kerner Report which studied the riots in the 60s and I made an explicit point to draw that parallel to Kamala Harris' vice presidency. There was nothing fallacious about my post, your flagrant use of a strawman on the other hand. Because you don't know this information, it doesn't mean I'm being fallacious.
Since you have the time, here are my sources:
51FKFEHbbaL._SL500_.jpg

414Bdd5FJQL.jpg
51eDDP7N1xL.jpg
41PPOx-HZjL._SX316_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
51TGZWANoSL._SX318_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
51iJ91FP2FL.jpg
41elOzCe0+L._AC_SY780_.jpg

71X1pdvs5SL.jpg

BookReaderPreview.php
36300697.jpg

9780820355221.jpg
51QBYM3nPnL.jpg

Some other sources:

Kerner_Commission.jpg

The above image is the Kerner Commission responsible for the report of the same name, Roy Wilkins is the first man on the left sitting down. Hal Kanter said he spoke to Roy Wilkins, the timeline matches.

Diahann Carroll about Julia in her own words:

I got more, but I ain't got time tonight.
aTCMOL.gif

I'm in favor of black people not working against their interests by siding with people who are using them.

Breh, learn what a Gish Gallop is and stop doing it. No one gonna read or reply when you put 25 different things with virtually zero context into one post. :dead:

Your exact claim was "Following the Kerner Report, white studios began taking black television programs seriously. The first was this: [posting Julia TV show]," then you compared it to Kamala and said "That's twice, that after racial riots a black woman was put into a prominent position by white men. They were both democrats."

Your timeline was nonsense on two counts:

#1: Black men were already being placed into prominent positions on television in the late 1960s both before and after Julia aired. I gave 4 examples, some bigger than "Julia". And the first episode of "Julia" was filmed in October 1967, which meant it had to have been in development long before that for writing, additioning, casting, etc. Rather than being inspired by the Kerner Commission, "Hal Kanter's inspiration for Julia emerged from a luncheon honouring NAACP Executive Director Roy Wilkins." The Kerner Commission Report wasn't released until February 1968. So your timeline is way off.

#2: Biden promised to pick a Black woman to the Supreme Court and a woman for VP on March 15th, before there were any riots. It was already looking likely that Kamala would be the most obvious pick. Even after the riots, a Black man couldn't be the pick because he had already clearly promised to pick a woman.

That's March 15th that Biden made the promise to pick a woman breh. Throughout April and May everyone saying Kamala was the frontrunner. The first riots weren't until May 25th. The riots had nothing to do with why a Black woman was picked rather than a Black man, it was clearly a woman because a woman still hadn't been elected into a top-2 slot in the entire history of America. Your entire conspiracy theory is blown to shreds on both ends.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
@Amo Husserl , in case I wrote too much:

* Julia was already in production and started filming months before the Kerner Commission report dropped, and there were already multiple big-name shows with prominant Black men airing at the time, including ones with Black men in the lead

* Joe Biden promised to pick a female VP months before the 2020 riots started and Kamala was already being named as the clear frontrunner

So your cause-and-effect claims can't possibly be correct, unless you believe that Joe Biden and Hal Kanter can see into the future.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Because that's how laws work. People violate them and then get taken to court. It's like asking why a drug trade exists if drugs are illegal.

Are you disputing that California was a Free State, or that there was a categorical difference between Free States and Slave States? Because it was sort of the overriding political issue of U.S. history at that point in time and the only issue that has led the country into Civil War, so a lot of folk black and white both would be pretty shocked if you're trying to claim there's no difference.

I disputed the fact you claimed that California does not have a legacy of Black Slavery and I posted evidence that California does have a legacy of slavery and that there were Black Slaves who were forced to do labor in California, and California was fine with slavery and it shows that California was complicit in slavery of FBA/Freedman and how California owes FBA/Freeman reparations.

All this. Just a starting point but we needed a starting point. Getting it in any state is good but a big notable one like California is especially good. California actually has the 5th-largest Black population in the USA by numbers, but the fact that it doesn't have its own legacy of Black slavery is gonna be a factor of course.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I disputed the fact you claimed that California does not have a legacy of Black Slavery and I posted evidence that California does have a legacy of slavery and that there were Black Slaves who were forced to do labor in California, and California was fine with slavery and it shows that California was complicit in slavery of FBA/Freedman and how California owes FBA/Freeman reparations.

I've never argued that California shouldn't pay reparations. I've praised this task force from the beginning.

But it obviously doesn't have the same impact in a Free State as it would in a Slave State. California's culpability is going to be vastly decreased comparatively. You posting examples of people who were enslaved for just a few months before being freed by California courts doesn't change that.

That's not controversial anywhere breh, sometimes I think you just talk to hear yourself talk. Go find a Trump rally to defend, since you claimed you prefer him to Democrats anyway. If you had had your way then this wouldn't even be happening because you said you wanted Republicans in charge.

Last edited:

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
An actual supporter wouldn't view this as creating division, but as addressing a problem that has to be fixed. Look at this:

Black immigrants are not getting treated any better than we are.
My issue with some black immigrants is the lie they want to act like the kodak black type does not exist.
And they are all doctors and lawyers.

Bunchy Carter

Daps
Reppin
I've never argued that California shouldn't pay reparations. I've praised this task force from the beginning.

But it obviously doesn't have the same impact in a Free State as it would in a Slave State.

That's not controversial anywhere breh, sometimes I think you just talk to hear yourself talk. Go find a Trump rally to defend, since you claimed you prefer him to Democrats anyway.

Slave State....Free State....California which was a Free State had slaves and owes reparations and California has a legacy of slavery

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
Don't let people who don't live here cloud your judgment. Newsom does a good job as governor. He's the only governor that has actually made moves to improve things in the Central Valley and all the shytty trump supporters here still talk shyt.

This might be the thing that puts him over the top to be president.

Bunchy Carter

Daps
Reppin
There's a Twitter space on the new California law:

It's crazy that the Black population in California is 6.5% and that 6.5% includes immigrant Black people and FBA/Freedman, which makes the FBA/Freedman population of California less than 6.5%, but with that small percentage we (FBA/Freedman) are able to make things move.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
It's crazy that the Black population in California is 6.5% and that 6.5% includes immigrant Black people and FBA/Freedman, which makes the FBA/Freedman population of California less than 6.5%, but with that small percentage we (FBA/Freedman) are able to make things move.
That's a powerful statement, Breh. If we can direct change with that small of a percentage, imagine what we can accomplish now that more of us are starting to get on code nationwide.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Newsome allegedly said he wasn’t gonna run this cycle.

I wouldn’t bank on that.

No politician in any party of significant mention would challenge an incumbent president

I even have my doubts he would challenge Kamala if Biden doesnt run and she chooses to.

If Biden retains in 2024 or if a republican wins then I see him running in 2028