Gov. Newsom Signs Law For Black Americans (FBA/Freedmen) To Be Identified As A Separate Group

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Breh, learn what a Gish Gallop is and stop doing it. No one gonna read or reply when you put 25 different things with virtually zero context into one post. :dead:

Your exact claim was "Following the Kerner Report, white studios began taking black television programs seriously. The first was this: [posting Julia TV show]," then you compared it to Kamala and said "That's twice, that after racial riots a black woman was put into a prominent position by white men. They were both democrats."

Your timeline was nonsense on two counts:

#1: Black men being placed into prominent positions on television in the late 1960s both before and after Julia aired

#2: Biden promised to pick a Black woman for VP before there were any riots.

That's March 15th that Biden made the promise breh. The first riots weren't until May 25th. The riots had nothing to do with his promise to pick a Black woman. Your entire conspiracy theory is blown to shreds .
2020-06-15T010524Z_489958633_RC2D9H9RAS3Z_RTRMADP_3_MINNEAPOLIS-POLICE-PROTESTS-WASHINGTON-1024x683.jpg

:patrice:

I don't remember saying which riot for Kamala because there were several during Trump's presidency.
That good strategy on Biden's part using the momentum.
You've disproved nothing.
Did you read the Kerner Report?
We got here because @Buddy asked me a personal question and I gave him my answer: information.
Those posts are created because they're not intended for further response; they're info dumps.
So when anyone responds to them I already know they want more info or are arguing for the sake of arguing.
You're trying to make a fallacy out of something that isn't an argument.
@Amo Husserl , in case I wrote too much:

* Julia was already in production and started filming months before the Kerner Commission report dropped, and there were already multiple big-name shows with prominant Black men airing at the time, including ones with Black men in the lead

* Joe Biden promised to pick a female VP months before the 2020 riots started and Kamala was already being named as the clear frontrunner

So your cause-and-effect claims can't possibly be correct, unless you believe that Joe Biden and Hal Kanter can see into the future.
When did Julia start filming and production?
The Kerner Commission was put together in '67 to study the previous riots.
You conveniently left out my points about the Ford Foundation:
On August 2, 1966, McGeorge Bundy made his first major policy statement as Ford Foundation president in a speech to the National Urban League in Philadelphia. Entitled “Action for Equal Opportunity,” Bundy’s address was a clarion call for a new era at the Ford Foundation, by far the largest and most influential philanthropy in the world. Bundy declared that the Foundation’s most prestigious and costly programs would experiment boldly by dealing with the ongoing black freedom struggle, especially black power’s challenge to the nation. Pegged for Foundation president in 1965, the year of both the Voting Rights Act and the Watts riot, Bundy, along with his program officers and the Foundation’s trustees, was keenly aware that the legislative victories of the civil rights movement had not solved what he still called the “Negro problem” of black assimilation into American society. In fact, as the struggle for equal opportunity had turned from “rights to reality,” Bundy saw that “the agenda for the immediate future [was] as full and pressing as it [had] been at any time in the past.”¹ Over the next ten years, the Foundation would ramp up its spending on “rights for minorities,” granting more than $100 million in this area from 1965 to 1969 alone, in amounts reaching 40 percent of the entire budget
for domestic programs by 1970.

As a result of Bundy’s contrariness, the Ford Foundation played a pivotal role in establishing many of the hallmark legacies of the black power era, such as ghetto-based economic development initiatives, university black studies programs, multicultural and “affective” school curricula, and race-specific arts and cultural organizations

The perplexing story of how elite, liberal whites, those from the Ford Foundation prominent among them, worked to institutionalize elements of a black power project seemingly antithetical to their worldview has fascinated a wide range of commentators over the last decades. This confounding relationship has held particular interest because it arose at a critical juncture for both white liberalism and the black freedom struggle that would ultimately see the decline of both. Scholars of black power most often blame, but sometimes credit, expedient white liberals and their institutions for neutralizing the threat of the movement’s liberationist potential—essentially helping to kill it through soft power while law-and- order hard power attacked it from the right.

The Foundation also acted as a kind of domestic policy incubator for the Kennedy and Johnson administrations, initiating and testing out social programs, including those at the center of LBJ’s Great Society, which were then applied nationwide. In addition, Ford led the way in spreading nonprofit culture throughout the United States, singlehandedly establishing symphony orchestras and dance and regional theater companies across the nation and playing a major role in the establishment of public television.
The book the information came from:
414Bdd5FJQL.jpg

A link to preview or read the book

Julia started production back when McGeorge Bundy was putting together a cultural assimilationist program to be funded by the Ford Foundation back in '66? A program Phylicia Rashad benefitted from?

These quotes are from the (Link)Kerner Report:
The potential for responding effectively to community needs is not limited to available public resources. Acting through business, labor, and church members, and local Urban Coalitions which have already been formed, the task force will have a capacity to involve the resources of the private sector in meeting needs within the ghetto. Possibilities range from support of special summer youth programs (weekend trips, recreation events, camping programs) to provision of cultural and employment opportunities on a year-round basis.

It is this conviction that leads us, as a commission on civil disorders, to comment on the shape and dimension of the action that must be taken at the national level. In this effort we have taken account of the work of scholars and experts on race relations, the urban condition and poverty. We have studied the reports and work of other commissions, of congressional committees, and of many special task forces and groups both within the Government and within the private sector.

The maintenance of public order is primarily the responsibility of the public sector, but the private sector is the main spring of the national economy and consequently of the economic well-being of our citizens. Free enterprise, with its system of incentives and rewards for hard work, ability, ingenuity and creativity, has made this nation strong and produced the highest standard of living the world has ever known. Under the spur of competition, the discipline of business management produces maximum benefit from the funds and other resources available.

The concept that the private sector must also be involved in overcoming the challenge of racial ghettos in urban areas and poverty in rural areas is now widely accepted, both within and outside the government.

Television should develop programing which integrates Negroes into all aspects of televised presentations. Television is such a visible medium that some constructive steps are easy and obvious. While some of these steps are being taken, they are still largely neglected. For example, Negro reporters and performers should appear more frequently—and at prime time— in news broadcasts, on weather shows, in documentaries, and in advertisements. Some effort already has been made to use Negroes in television commercials. Any initial surprise at seeing a Negro selling a sponsor's product will eventually fade into routine acceptance, an attitude that white society must ultimately develop toward all Negroes. In addition to news-related programing, we think that Negroes should appear more frequently in dramatic and comedy series. Moreover, networks and local stations should present plays and other programs whose subjects are rooted in the ghetto and its problems.

In addition, the Commission has undertaken two major surveys of Negro and white attitudes with the aid of the Ford Foundation. The first, a survey of white and Negro attitudes in 15 major cities and four suburban areas, is being con ducted by the Survey Research Center at the University of Michigan. The second, under the direction of Prof. Peter Rossi and Prof. James Coleman, Johns Hopkins University, is a continuation of the Commission's field effort—a special survey of attitudes of community leaders, elected officials, administrators, policemen on the beat, and teachers. The Commission is deeply indebted to the Ford Foundation for its assistance and support.
You deliberately skipped the part where I mentioned private interests and the Ford Foundation who had key influence on the Kerner Report before the commission came together. Members of the Ford Foundation at the time of McGeorge Bundy's presidency can be found in the Kerner Report. Under Appendix F: Consultants, Contractors and Advisors are two members of the Ford Foundation's program mentioned in Karen Ferguson's book, Mitchell Sviridoff and Richard Sheldon.

Joe Biden promised to pick a female VP months before the 2020 riots started and Kamala was already being named as the clear frontrunner

So your cause-and-effect claims can't possibly be correct, unless you believe that Joe Biden and Hal Kanter can see into the future.
They don't have to when they were there and had contacts and access to the above information to keep the plan going:

I hope you read all this and put two and two together, especially after deliberately skipping the information relevant to the Kerner Report, the Ford Foundation's involvement. The Kerner Report was the public sector being informed by the private sector, the Ford Foundation. Hence why I made sure to keep those piece of information together. What does this have to do with black women and black men? Diahann Carroll lets us know in the first thirty seconds.

aTCMOL.gif

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
2020-06-15T010524Z_489958633_RC2D9H9RAS3Z_RTRMADP_3_MINNEAPOLIS-POLICE-PROTESTS-WASHINGTON-1024x683.jpg

:patrice:

I don't remember saying which riot for Kamala because there were several during Trump's presidency.
That good strategy on Biden's part using the momentum.
You've disproved nothing.
Did you read the Kerner Report?
We got here because @Buddy asked me a personal question and I gave him my answer: information.
Those posts are created because they're not intended for further response; they're info dumps.
So when anyone responds to them I already know they want more info or are arguing for the sake of arguing.
You're trying to make a fallacy out of something that isn't an argument.

When did Julia start filming and production?
The Kerner Commission was put together in '67 to study the previous riots.
You conveniently left out my points about the Ford Foundation:

The book the information came from:
414Bdd5FJQL.jpg

A link to preview or read the book

Julia started production back when McGeorge Bundy was putting together a cultural assimilationist program to be funded by the Ford Foundation back in '66? A program Phylicia Rashad benefitted from?

These quotes are from the (Link)Kerner Report:

You deliberately skipped the part where I mentioned private interests and the Ford Foundation who had key influence on the Kerner Report before the commission came together. Members of the Ford Foundation at the time of McGeorge Bundy's presidency can be found in the Kerner Report. Under Appendix F: Consultants, Contractors and Advisors are two members of the Ford Foundation's program mentioned in Karen Ferguson's book, Mitchell Sviridoff and Richard Sheldon.

They don't have to when they were there and had contacts and access to the above information to keep the plan going:

I hope you read all this and put two and two together, especially after deliberately skipping the information relevant to the Kerner Report, the Ford Foundation's involvement. The Kerner Report was the public sector being informed by the private sector, the Ford Foundation. Hence why I made sure to keep those piece of information together. What does this have to do with black women and black men? Diahann Carroll lets us know in the first thirty seconds.

aTCMOL.gif

Breh, I'm not going to play these goalpost-shifting games with you, that is exaclty what a Gish Gallop is. You toss out a ton of bad arguments, way more than anyone gonna spend any time dealing with, and whenever I debunk one you just shift to the next one.

I already showed that Black men were starring in multiple other shows at the same time as Julia and you ignored it.

I already showed that Julia was filmed long before the Kerner Commission came out and likely was in development months before it even started, and you tried to shift the goalposts to other reports and other riots.

I already showed that Biden promised a female VP and Kamala was the clear frontrunner before the riots, and you tried to shift the goalpost to other riots.

I'm not going to keep engaging. I didn't "purposely skip" any of your other points, I didn't even read them. I grabbed the first silly shyt I saw in that giant wall of pictures and texts, it was wrong on every point, and that should be enough.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Breh, I'm not going to play these goalpost-shifting games with you, that is exaclty what a Gish Gallop is. You toss out a ton of bad arguments, way more than anyone gonna spend any time dealing with, and whenever I debunk one you just shift to the next one.

I already showed that Black men were starring in multiple other shows at the same time as Julia and you ignored it.

I already showed that Julia was filmed long before the Kerner Commission came out and likely was in development months before it even started, and you tried to shift the goalposts to other reports and other riots.

I already showed that Biden promised a female VP and Kamala was the clear frontrunner before the riots, and you tried to shift the goalpost to other riots.

I'm not going to keep engaging. I didn't "purposely skip" any of your other points, I didn't even read them. I grabbed the first silly shyt I saw in that giant wall of pictures and texts, it was wrong on every point, and that should be enough.
Why respond if you weren't going to read the entirety of the post?
No goalposts are being moved, how can you determine the goalpost is being moved if you don't read the entire post?

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they really serious about delivering these checks I might seriously become a Cali resident.

Too many rednecks in my state legislature

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Why respond if you weren't going to read the entirety of the post?
Because your entire argument is disingenuous and reeks of 'Conspiritard' nonsense masquerading as 'just pointing things out' by using.....

It's a poor attempt at trying to convince uninformed readers of your posts that you know what you're talking about and your opinion is valid.

You don't and it isn't.​

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Because your entire argument is disingenuous and reeks of 'Conspiritard' nonsense masquerading as 'just pointing things out' by using.....

It's a poor attempt at trying to convince uninformed readers of your posts that you know what you're talking about and your opinion is valid.

You don't and it isn't.​
I disagree.

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
Strongly support this but i want brothers to know this only happened because he is a democrat, no republican will ever entertain the notion of any sort of reparation/ados/fba, they see it as being ''woke'' and ''identity politics'' let folks be clear eyed, there is one political party that black people have any chance of shaping or influencing and it aint the white supremacist GOP. There is no way trump or desantis will ever sign a bill like this.
I will keep calling out any bullshyt or anyone supporting GOP, this was only made possible because california is a democratic/liberal run state simple, i wont let you both side morons feign ignorance. Try this in florida with total gop control if your sure republicans will support this.

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Strongly support this but i want brothers to know this only happened because he is a democrat, no republican will ever entertain the notion of any sort of reparation/ados/fba, they see it as being ''woke'' and ''identity politics'' let folks be clear eyed, there is one political party that black people have any chance of shaping or influencing and it aint the white supremacist GOP. There is no way trump or desantis will ever sign a bill like this
Stop it. Most Dems are probably against it also. This is an isolated thing until the DNC revokes its benign neglect, "never promise them anything" mandates. Newsome gets props, the rest are still sus until further evidence.

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
Stop it. Most Dems are probably against it also. This is an isolated thing until the DNC revokes its benign neglect, "never promise them anything" mandates. Newsome gets props, the rest are still sus until further evidence.
Please point to me any other red state or state with GOP control that this is even remotely possible, the republicans are banning books that teach children about racism and you think they will care about ADOS/FBA/Reparations? Please dont play dumb, the only reason this bill happened is because california is the most liberal/democratic states in the nation, that's simply the reason. They are going after local school boards, librarians, teachers anyone that remotely speaks about racism and injustice, give me your so called ''benign neglect'' over over in your face white supremacy.
Please point me to any prominent republican/republican controlled state who supports this and where this is even possible.
What pisses me off is both sides will never acknowledge the overt danger the GOP pose to every single black person.