Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
:beli:

Look at the map son...

Map_Westeros_Political.gif

Explain to me how in the fukk a Dothraki army gon go through the heart of Westeros (areas loyal to the throne) and Kings Landing without being noticed...
Very carefully :lolbron:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I can't wait til tomorrow cause the reddit nerds are gonna dissect it and come up with a reasonable explanation

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
They could theoretically land on the shores of the Kingswood south of kings landing and then ride hard south west. It's all open plain down until it reaches the Dornish marches.
and in the time it would have taken to do that Jamie would have reached Kings Landing already with the gold...

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
and in the time it would have taken to do that Jamie would have reached Kings Landing already with the gold...

The gold already reached kings landing since that was priority number 1. Then if u remember Jamie was talking about giving them rest after fighting hard. So u could say they stayed back in highgarden for a few to rest and get things in order. I mean I know it all sounds like pissing in the wind but it isn't completely impossible. Remember, Dany didn't have any foot soldiers, just dothraki on dothraki horses that are used to running long distances

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper

Look at the map son...

Explain to me how in the fukk a Dothraki army gon go from Dragonstone through the heart of Westeros (areas loyal to the throne) and Kings Landing without being noticed...
Simple, Storm's End(abandoned) and ride West on the intercept course

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

Look at the map son...

Explain to me how in the fukk a Dothraki army gon go from Dragonstone through the heart of Westeros (areas loyal to the throne) and Kings Landing without being noticed...
They were near black water rush (the river bordering KL, the reach, and river run), so very close to KL. Dany could've easily went thru the stormlands, that territory is weak due to the fallout from the whole renly/stannis defeats. It's technically "sworn" to iron throne again, but reluctantly and with weak ass houses left, most the forces were destroyed fighting for stannis so there isn't much resistance she'd meet there and clearly the lannister army is in 2-3 areas right now so even a sighting from KL ain't gonna do much

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Look at the map son...

Thats really the complaint?

I mean with that logic how does any whole army ambush another "without being noticed"? How did the Lannisters manage to sneak their main army from Casterly Rock to the largest and richest territory at the time (Highgarden) without anyone noticing? How did the Ironborn manage to sneak their fleet behind the Unsullied? Honestly who cares?

Cersei doesn't even have that many allies anyway, they been driving home the point that she's surrounded by enemies all season. Only notable lords loyal to her is the new Iron Islands ruler and the Iron bank and both of their loyalties are shaky.

Last edited:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
They could theoretically land on the shores of the Kingswood south of kings landing and then ride hard south west. It's all open plain down until it reaches the Dornish marches.

this is the issue - same issue i had with the iron born fleet showing up everywhere as well.

Dany hear's about the attack on high garden after the battlle
she rushes everyone to the remaining ships, which i didn't think she had enough but whatever
she passes kings landing and sails either to black water bay (where I believe the iron fleet is residing) or she goes through the narrow seas, in shipbreaker bay and lands in storms end.

this after being ambused by the iron isles fleet previously, but she figures lightening doesn't strike twice so risks taking a fleet of dothraki in the same area
lands at storms end and hauls ass up king road (since it's all forest between storms ends and kings wood, it would be a slow trek on horseback).

still manages to get a leg up on JAmie somewhere in the open field

or they take storms end and ride through the open plains with only 1 person (Tyrion) who could possible be familiar with the area.

not only that they knew exactly where Jamie would be at

just a bit too convenient is all I'm saying. It's a show but there's a bunch of happenstance going on for these battles to take place.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Thats really the complaint?

I mean with that logic how does any whole army ambush another "without being noticed"? How did the Lannisters manage to sneak their main army from Casterly Rock to the largest and richest territory at the time (Highgarden) without anyone noticing? How did the Ironborn manage to sneak their fleet behind the Unsullied? Honestly who cares?

Cersei doesn't even have that many allies anyway, they been driving home the point that she's surrounded by enemies all season. Only notable lords loyal to her is the new Iron Islands ruler and the Iron bank and both of their loyalties are shaky.

those are all easily anaswered iron island are just north of casterly rock, they didn't have to sneak their fleet, an entire unsullied fleet going all the way around dorne and up the west coast without being notice by anyone would be a bigger issue.

high garden doesn't have a huge army , not to mention they figured the lannisters would protect casterly rock. there is only one city which is oldtown and high garden

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
this is the issue - same issue i had with the iron born fleet showing up everywhere as well.

Dany hear's about the attack on high garden after the battlle
she rushes everyone to the remaining ships, which i didn't think she had enough but whatever
she passes kings landing and sails either to black water bay (where I believe the iron fleet is residing) or she goes through the narrow seas, in shipbreaker bay and lands in storms end.

this after being ambused by the iron isles fleet previously, but she figures lightening doesn't strike twice so risks taking a fleet of dothraki in the same area
lands at storms end and hauls ass up king road (since it's all forest between storms ends and kings wood, it would be a slow trek on horseback).

still manages to get a leg up on JAmie somewhere in the open field

or they take storms end and ride through the open plains with only 1 person (Tyrion) who could possible be familiar with the area.

not only that they knew exactly where Jamie would be at

just a bit too convenient is all I'm saying. It's a show but there's a bunch of happenstance going on for these battles to take place.

You make valid points. I'm just trying to make sense of it too but I'm sure the show writers said fukk it and just went for it.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
those are all easily anaswered iron island are just north of casterly rock, they didn't have to sneak their fleet, an entire unsullied fleet going all the way around dorne and up the west coast without being notice by anyone would be a bigger issue.
The point of the Dorne/Ironborn sailing together was for a multi front attack by them and the Tyrells while the Unsullied take casterly rock during the distraction. Tyrion spells this out one episode ago.:dwillhuh:

high garden doesn't have a huge army , not to mention they figured the lannisters would protect casterly rock. there is only one city which is oldtown and high garden
lol you say they're easily answered then reply with this?

what does the size of the Tyrell army have to do with anything? The lannisters managed to sneak an entire army out of casterly rock to the doorstep of the richest most well resourced lord in the area without her noticing, period. Foot soldiers at that

This is a multi front war that escalated in a matter of days since dany arrived. The offscreen plans and adjustments are good for the entertainment factor

Last edited:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
The point of the Dorne/Ironborn sailing together was for a multi front attack by them and the Tyrells while the Unsullied take casterly rock during the distraction. Tyrion spells this out one episode ago.:dwillhuh:

lol you say they're easily answered then reply with this?

what does the size of the Tyrell army have to do with anything? The lannisters managed to sneak an entire army out of casterly rock to the doorstep of the richest most well resourced lord in the area without her noticing, period. Foot soldiers at that

This is a multi front war that escalated in a matter of days since dany arrived. The offscreen plans and adjustments are good for the entertainment factor

i don't understand your first point. i answered your question , the iron islands are north of casterly rock...it would easy for them to send a fleet to burn empty ships once unsullied went to casterly rock. Don't put that stupid face because you don't understand.

when does it show that they "snuck" up on high garden, even if they had days to prepare high garden had no army to withstand the lannisters. I don't recall hearing Lady Olenna say she was surprised. Even if she was, it's because everyone thougth the Lannisters would be in Casterly Rock, who would have forewarned Lady Olenna the Lannisters were coming ? Did you expect the Unsully to send a raevn? lmfao

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
You make valid points. I'm just trying to make sense of it too but I'm sure the show writers said fukk it and just went for it.

just to confirm, it said they were heading for Black water Rush (which is actually north of Kings landing) so it sounds like Dany sailed thorugh black water bay and past kings landing, which is crazy but makes the most sense distance wise.