GoT has jumped the shark and is on the same level as S2/5 - The Wire & S5-7 Dexter - FlabbY & Sick

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:manny:

I don't agree with the thread but I called this shyt last season. Obviously I didn't know they'd rape Sansa but when they murked Oberyn I commented on the shock value of the show getting stale.

And yes I realize that was in the book, and this Sansa rape wasn't....but like I said last season, if you try to subvert tropes by making no one safe, that gets as predictable as nothing bad happening to anyone. I don't have a problem with the rape for moral reasons, this is just fiction....but of course she gets raped. shyt is :comeon:at this point.

Fred.
I've been telling people got relies way too heavily on shock factor for 3 seasons now. Its just getting boring.

Ramsey is pretty much just a boring retread of joffrey.

All the interesting characters are dead. Sansa and arya are dull. Tyrion has been nuetered this season. Daenarys story screeched to a halt and has me looking at my watch. Its pretty much just filler.

This season has been a 5/10 at best.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Show is destined to get even worst now I see why the author cannot finish the story in his books, he's lost, and doesn't know where to go with the plot

This is what happens when you kill every main character in your story

Killing main character is fine, but not all of them, because there's nothing left but side characters who haven't had any screen time dedicated to their plot
and also all the conflicts built up from season to season are unresolved because everybody's dead

that arya shyt is going nowhere fast, what happened to the prayer, oh yeah everybody she wanted dead is dead anyway lol, whats the point of joining the league of shadows there's no one left for her to take revenge on, her storyline has nowhere to go

cersei is terrible without interactions with tywin, tyrion, and joffrey,

who wants to follow the tales of a one armed pervert jamie lannister, you're going to make a hero out of a guy who threw a boy out the window

All the best character characters and consequently the best actors are not on the show anymore, which is cool if you had equal or better parts to replace them but you don't

which is the trick bad of spending all the time and effort investing in characters only to kill down nonchalantly in a way that does nothing to conclude or advance the plot

this show is literally about nothing, but the dikk riders will continue to make excuses
even though characters are doing things completely contrary to their established ways
and making moves that make absolutely no sense like Littlefinger handing Sansa over, completely unnecessary and impossible to be thought of plan of his, because it would have to rely on Tyrion killing Tywin, which would be impossible for him to know that would happen
you do realize he knows exactly how this will end... AND has already told the show writers that ending

so both the books and the show know exactly where they're going

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Nah..that's just a elitist view..some weird nitpicking that could easily be done on all the seasons..Dexter was basically as smart as Batman..lol

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
you do realize he knows exactly how this will end... AND has already told the show writers that ending

so both the books and the show know exactly where they're going

There's a huge difference in knowing how you want something to ultimately end, and bringing about that ending in a way that's plausible and reasonable in the huge world you've created. The latter is what GRRM is struggling with. He has no idea "how" to get to the ending in a way that's sensible in this world, which is why each book is a Ruthian undertaking, every page is a Herculean effort; and he's gone from saying 2 more books to, "I don't really know how many more I need to write to finish the series." There's also the big issue for him that GoT really tries to stay away from the conventional hero arch and writing conventions (e.g., good guys die, bad guys live, bad guys die and then more bad guys pop up). Hell, he said that one of the reasons he killed Robb was because of the trite nature of a son trying to avenge his father and all that stuff people love. So, how do you end the story in a way that's reasonable and in essence with the rest of the story, but doesn't fall into basic writing conventions? Possible? Yes. Very hard to do so? Yes. This is what @hexagram23, myself and some others were saying last year about the obscure tropes GoT has fallen into, but y'all ain't hear us, though. :mjcry:

I don't expect GRRM to finish the books. He doesn't have a grand outline or something. He writes from inspiration, which is cool. We're left with HBO's attempt to bring about an ending in the next 24 episodes or so. One which I expect to be alright or subpar to previous installments of the show, because the reality of what they're faced with is daunting. GRRM is also in a difficult position as well. I can't judge this season fully yet being that it hasn't concluded, but in general I don't think this season or the following are going to be comparable to the others. HBO is a premier cable channel and they're trying to write the ending to a story that the author himself can't finish. The falloff was inevitable.

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
:whoo:
There's a huge difference in knowing how you want something to ultimately end, and bringing about that ending in a way that's plausible and reasonable in the huge world you've created. The latter is what GRRM is struggling with. He has no idea "how" to get to the ending in a way that's sensible in this world, which is why each book is a Ruthian undertaking, every page is a Herculean effort; and he's gone from saying 2 more books to, "I don't really know how many more I need to write to finish the series." There's also the big issue for him that GoT really tries to stay away from the conventional hero arch and writing conventions (e.g., good guys die, bad guys live, bad guys die and then more bad guys pop up). Hell, he said that one of the reasons he killed Robb was because of the trite nature of a son trying to avenge his father and all that stuff people love. So, how do you end the story in a way that's reasonable and in essence with the rest of the story, but doesn't fall into basic writing conventions? Possible? Yes. Very hard to do so? Yes. This is what @hexagram23, myself and some others were saying last year about the obscure tropes GoT has fallen into, but y'all ain't hear us, though. :mjcry:

I don't expect GRRM to finish the books. He doesn't have a grand outline or something. He writes from inspiration, which is cool. We're left with HBO's attempt to bring about an ending in the next 24 episodes or so. One which I expect to be alright or subpar to previous installments of the show, because the reality of what they're faced with is daunting. GRRM is also in a difficult position as well. I can't judge this season fully yet being that it hasn't concluded, but in general I don't think this season or the following are going to be comparable to the others. HBO is a premier cable channel and they're trying to write the ending to a story that the author himself can't finish. The falloff was inevitable.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
you must be white to say some dumb sh*t like that

:francis: You're dense.

Show is destined to get even worst now I see why the author cannot finish the story in his books, he's lost, and doesn't know where to go with the plot

This is what happens when you kill every main character in your story

Killing main character is fine, but not all of them, because there's nothing left but side characters who haven't had any screen time dedicated to their plot
and also all the conflicts built up from season to season are unresolved because everybody's dead

that arya shyt is going nowhere fast, what happened to the prayer, oh yeah everybody she wanted dead is dead anyway lol, whats the point of joining the league of shadows there's no one left for her to take revenge on, her storyline has nowhere to go

cersei is terrible without interactions with tywin, tyrion, and joffrey,

who wants to follow the tales of a one armed pervert jamie lannister, you're going to make a hero out of a guy who threw a boy out the window

All the best character characters and consequently the best actors are not on the show anymore, which is cool if you had equal or better parts to replace them but you don't

which is the trick bad of spending all the time and effort investing in characters only to kill down nonchalantly in a way that does nothing to conclude or advance the plot

this show is literally about nothing, but the dikk riders will continue to make excuses
even though characters are doing things completely contrary to their established ways
and making moves that make absolutely no sense like Littlefinger handing Sansa over, completely unnecessary and impossible to be thought of plan of his, because it would have to rely on Tyrion killing Tywin, which would be impossible for him to know that would happen

Nope. This show has little to do with the books. At this point, it's basically fan fiction. The books are doing just fine at this point. Can't say the same for the show though.:manny:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
It still cracks me up that people picked the events of this episode as their line in the sand moment with GoT.
Ramsey hunting day player bytches with rottweillers is fine but he rapes a main cast member and its the final straw? GTFOH with that sensitive ass bullshyt.

Daps
:manny:

I don't agree with the thread but I called this shyt last season. Obviously I didn't know they'd rape Sansa but when they murked Oberyn I commented on the shock value of the show getting stale.

And yes I realize that was in the book, and this Sansa rape wasn't....but like I said last season, if you try to subvert tropes by making no one safe, that gets as predictable as nothing bad happening to anyone. I don't have a problem with the rape for moral reasons, this is just fiction....but of course she gets raped. shyt is :comeon:at this point.

Fred.

Have you watched the scene? It wasn't some graphic shocking scene.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It still cracks me up that people picked the events of this episode as their line in the sand moment with GoT.
Ramsey hunting day player bytches with rottweillers is fine but he rapes a main cast member and its the final straw? GTFOH with that sensitive ass bullshyt.

This entire season has been trash, and the last season was a drop of from the previous 3 which were better one after the other, it has nothing to do with that scene, which wasn't shocking at all, but they tried to make it be so

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town

My line in the sand came when Arya was kicking it with Tywin. That shyt was ridiculous.