GoT has jumped the shark and is on the same level as S2/5 - The Wire & S5-7 Dexter - FlabbY & Sick

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Both of those incidents were in the original story and have purpose in terms of moving the plot along. Sansa getting raped is pretty much pointless.
Well in the books Sansa's story at this point is one big ball of nothing so I guess they could have written her off for a season like her little brothers or try and make her interesting.:yeshrug:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
But the Sansa scene was shocking (to me at least) because of the way Sansa had been handled by the writers for the past 4 seasons was to use the threat of horrific shyt happening to her but to never actually pull the trigger on it. It is that conditioning that the show has done of sparing Sansa from so many violent encounters that I think is fueling a lot of the outrage over the scene. Sansa was not supposed to be raped by Ramsey because she didn't get raped by Joffrey or that angry street gang so when it happens people are honestly and truly shocked by it to the point that a vocal minority have taken to whining about it on websites all of the Internet.
There was weight behind the Sansa scene and the outrage over it confirms it.
Whether this should be the tipping point though is another subject entirely because there have been far worse things shown on GoT than this that garnered nowhere near the level of anger.

Breh, you can't say something has weight because people on the internet have outrage. :heh:

People have outrage over everything on the internet. I'm not even talking about all that, anyway.

If the scene worked for you :manny: but it's getting corny to me. I said the same thing last year about Oberyn's death. Of course he'd die horrifically, fans loved him. I'm numb to the shyt at this point. Like I said, GRR Martin is trying to reinvent the wheel by avoiding common tropes, not realizing he's hitting several other lesser known tropes in the process. It's half dozen of one and 6 of the other.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The show starts with a boy being pushed from the window

That was shocking when it happened. That's not a well to you can go back to indefinitely though, which is the gist of what I'm saying. With each "shocking" death or scene it gets more and more tedious. You gotta use shocking moments as seasoning, "Game Of Thrones" tries to use it as the whole meal. Which was cool at first....and hell, maybe it'll all work out by the time the series is over....but right now, it's starting to wear very thin.

Fred.

Daps
That was shocking when it happened. That's not a well to you can go back to indefinitely though, which is the gist of what I'm saying. With each "shocking" death or scene it gets more and more tedious. You gotta use shocking moments as seasoning, "Game Of Thrones" tries to use it as the whole meal. Which was cool at first....and hell, maybe it'll all work out by the time the series is over....but right now, it's starting to wear very thin.

Fred.

Not on me.

The seven kingdoms are in chaos. :yeshrug:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Aren't they supposed to fight that white undead army or this bullshyt never happened yet... :stopitslime:

Daps
Sansa? Nah, I get that.

Littlefinger not knowing Ramsay is a psycho is highly questionable writing though.

Fred.

Why is that questionable? Robb Stark didn't know Ramsay is a psycho, and that's his bannerman.

I don't know where this notion that Ramsay's name rings out came from.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
What does Sansa knowing Ramsay is a psycho have to do with anything???

:dahell:
Sansa has been one of the most gullible characters in the entire show. Its like shyt literally has to hit her over the head for her to finally understand.
what you expect? Ramsay to lay her down on flower petals and give her a nice massage? SHe has no idea what she has gotten herself into, thats the point.