GoT has jumped the shark and is on the same level as S2/5 - The Wire & S5-7 Dexter - FlabbY & Sick

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Show is destined to get even worst now I see why the author cannot finish the story in his books, he's lost, and doesn't know where to go with the plot

This is what happens when you kill every main character in your story

Killing main character is fine, but not all of them, because there's nothing left but side characters who haven't had any screen time dedicated to their plot
and also all the conflicts built up from season to season are unresolved because everybody's dead

that arya shyt is going nowhere fast, what happened to the prayer, oh yeah everybody she wanted dead is dead anyway lol, whats the point of joining the league of shadows there's no one left for her to take revenge on, her storyline has nowhere to go

cersei is terrible without interactions with tywin, tyrion, and joffrey,

who wants to follow the tales of a one armed pervert jamie lannister, you're going to make a hero out of a guy who threw a boy out the window

All the best character characters and consequently the best actors are not on the show anymore, which is cool if you had equal or better parts to replace them but you don't

which is the trick bad of spending all the time and effort investing in characters only to kill down nonchalantly in a way that does nothing to conclude or advance the plot

this show is literally about nothing, but the dikk riders will continue to make excuses
even though characters are doing things completely contrary to their established ways
and making moves that make absolutely no sense like Littlefinger handing Sansa over, completely unnecessary and impossible to be thought of plan of his, because it would have to rely on Tyrion killing Tywin, which would be impossible for him to know that would happen

I have not watched this season yet, but all of this is shyt that I saw coming last season. That show is going NOWHERE I will eventually watch, but I'm never making the mistake I made with "Lost" again. Not investing years in a show that clearly has no direction...

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I swear some people on the internet love to bytch and complain about everything. It' s like they start watching a show so at some point, they can be the first ones to yell "This show has jumped the shark"

Bunch of miserable cynical fukks.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Yeah they completely dropped the ball with all the Dorne shyt

Every scene in Dorne is cringe worthy

The King or prince or whatever the fukk he is and the Sand chicks suck.The couldve casted better people than them

Also this dumb ass storyline going on in Kings Landing with these religious nuts is probably the dumbest shyt they could've come up with

I dont know if its in the books or not but if it is that weak shyt should've stayed in the books :mjlol:

Instead of constantly killing off main characters they need to start getting rid of these worthless side characters who waste screen time like Brienne/Pod/Bron/Jorah/etc.

Just stick to the main storyline and characters and get to the fukking point already

Dany been plotting on taking the throne for 5 fukking seasons now :wtf:

Ive been hearing "Winter is coming" for 5 fukking years!!!! :mindblown:

Cut out all the bullshyt and get to the fukking point before the show becomes LOST status

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah they completely dropped the ball with all the Dorne shyt

Every scene in Dorne is cringe worthy

The King or prince or whatever the fukk he is and the Sand chicks suck.The couldve casted better people than them

Also this dumb ass storyline going on in Kings Landing with these religious nuts is probably the dumbest shyt they could've come up with

I dont know if its in the books or not but if it is that weak shyt should've stayed in the books :mjlol:

Instead of constantly killing off main characters they need to start getting rid of these worthless side characters who waste screen time like Brienne/Pod/Bron/Jorah/etc.

Just stick to the main storyline and characters and get to the fukking point already

Dany been plotting on taking the throne for 5 fukking seasons now :wtf:

Ive been hearing "Winter is coming" for 5 fukking years!!!! :mindblown:

Cut out all the bullshyt and get to the fukking point before the show becomes LOST status

The show is basically the cliff notes version of the books. But people think the cliff notes are too long and tedious. Hialrious. lol

Book readers are laughing right now. People just don't appreciate complex story telling even when simplified as much as possible.

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
I have not watched this season yet, but all of this is shyt that I saw coming last season. That show is going NOWHERE I will eventually watch, but I'm never making the mistake I made with "Lost" again. Not investing years in a show that clearly has no direction...
I don't think that's the case with Game Of Thrones. Martin knows how the story ends, mostly. And HBO knows how Martin plans to end the story, mostly. So it's not like it's going to end with some ambigious shyt. Shows slow a bit right now, but we know next season is going to be the White Walker invasion and season 7 (the last) has gotta be Daeny vs Westeros.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Have you watched the scene? It wasn't some graphic shocking scene.

It still cracks me up that people picked the events of this episode as their line in the sand moment with GoT.
Ramsey hunting day player bytches with rottweillers is fine but he rapes a main cast member and its the final straw? GTFOH with that sensitive ass bullshyt.

The degree of rape in the scene has nothing to do with what I'm saying. We're not on some politician "won't someone please think of the kids and stop 'Game Of Thrones'!" type shyt.

The fact that we can sit here and say :ehh: "the rape wasn't that bad, remember when they hunted a girl with dogs?" is exactly what I'm talking about though.

These things should be shocking....instead they're deployed with such frequency it has all the subtlety of a 7 year old on a sugar rush yelling "fukk!" for attention in the middle of the mall.

Bad shyt happening shouldn't be the sole impetus for plot development on this show. Like I said last season it gets just as corny as nothing bad ever happening. I don't think the show jumped the shark or is beyond saving but they need to dial that shyt way the fukk back so when it happens it actually has some kind of weight.

Fred.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
I don't think that's the case with Game Of Thrones. Martin knows how the story ends, mostly. And HBO knows how Martin plans to end the story, mostly. So it's not like it's going to end with some ambigious shyt. Shows slow a bit right now, but we know next season is going to be the White Walker invasion and season 7 (the last) has gotta be Daeny vs Westeros.

There's a huge difference in knowing how you want something to ultimately end, and bringing about that ending in a way that's plausible and reasonable in the huge world you've created.
Like dude said above, its not really the specific ending itself that I'm worried about. Its the random path the show is taking that will make ANY ending underwhelming for me. I don't need things wrapped up neatly in the end, I just need an interesting story. I lost a lot of interest last season. Specifically becuz of the Reek/Ramsay storyline which got a lot of screen time and did not advance the story at all, just added shock value. That was a red flag for me and why I havent got into this season yet...

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
yall dudes corny......The show is a fantasy show...the rape scene was to be expected from Ramsay...."jumping the shark" would have been them actually showing her getting sodomized.....

Karma is a muhfukkas ....we all know Ramsay will die a terrible death

Daps
The degree of rape in the scene has nothing to do with what I'm saying. We're not on some politician "won't someone please think of the kids and stop 'Game Of Thrones'!" type shyt.

The fact that we can sit here and say :ehh: "the rape wasn't that bad, remember when they hunted a girl with dogs?" is exactly what I'm talking about though.

These things should be shocking....instead they're deployed with such frequency it has all the subtlety of a 7 year old on a sugar rush yelling "fukk!" for attention in the middle of the mall.

Bad shyt happening shouldn't be the sole impetus for plot development on this show. Like I said last season it gets just as corny as nothing bad ever happening. I don't think the show jumped the shark or is beyond saving but they need to dial that shyt way the fukk back so when it happens it actually has some kind of weight.

Fred.

Ok your other post made me think you were saying they were just doing it for shock value. You pointed out that it technically didn't happen in the books (like Oberyn's death did) as if to say they added that to give viewers a shocking moment. The scene itself wasn't shocking at all, and it seems they've dialed back on that, likely in response to criticisms in that regard (just like they have on the nudity).

If you're problem is they're using shocking developments to drive the plot, ok I guess, but that's the chaotic world that Littlefinger has created. The show starts with a boy being pushed from the window, complaints about it now seem disingenuous :yeshrug:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Fred.
But the Sansa scene was shocking (to me at least) because of the way Sansa had been handled by the writers for the past 4 seasons was to use the threat of horrific shyt happening to her but to never actually pull the trigger on it. It is that conditioning that the show has done of sparing Sansa from so many violent encounters that I think is fueling a lot of the outrage over the scene. Sansa was not supposed to be raped by Ramsey because she didn't get raped by Joffrey or that angry street gang so when it happens people are honestly and truly shocked by it to the point that a vocal minority have taken to whining about it on websites all of the Internet.
There was weight behind the Sansa scene and the outrage over it confirms it.
Whether this should be the tipping point though is another subject entirely because there have been far worse things shown on GoT than this that garnered nowhere near the level of anger.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Ok your other post made me think you were saying they were just doing it for shock value. You pointed out that it technically didn't happen in the books (like Oberyn's death did) as if to say they added that to give viewers a shocking moment. The scene itself wasn't shocking at all, and it seems they've dialed back on that, likely in response to criticisms in that regard (just like they have on the nudity).

If you're problem is they're using shocking developments to drive the plot, ok I guess, but that's the chaotic world that Littlefinger has created. The show starts with a boy being pushed from the window, complaints about it now seem disingenuous :yeshrug:

exactly....a child gets pushed out the window after watching a brother sodomize his sister.....

A dude gets his face crushed together like a soda can...

Now nikkas is trippin over hearing moans of a virgin get raped....but they dont even see the scene....shut the fukk up

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
exactly....a child gets pushed out the window after watching a brother sodomize his sister.....

A dude gets his face crushed together like a soda can...

Now nikkas is trippin over hearing moans of a virgin get raped....but they dont even see the scene....shut the fukk up

Both of those incidents were in the original story and have purpose in terms of moving the plot along. Sansa getting raped is pretty much pointless.