Google Stadia (Official Thread)

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Google goes down today and effects all media connected to it. :sas2: make sure y'all hitting the save button at all times when playing your games on that platform.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Inside Google Stadia | WIRED UK

Bit of a read but a very Interesting article on the origins of Stadia, it’s development, and the challenges it’ll face after launch:ehh:

I don’t think cloud gaming will totally replace consoles, but it will definitely carve out its own space within the video game ecosystem and be a factor. The fact that they’ve been able to get titles like CyberPunk & Red Dead on the service bodes well for their ability to attract 3rd party developers and port games over to the platform. They still need their own killer IP which is yet to be seen, but I think the service is gonna surprise a lot of people when it drops next month:ld:

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Thanks breh. I enjoy reading articles like this.

That said, I am looking forward to next month's digital foundry comparisons of Red Dead, Borderlands, Destiny and Doom comparisons of input lag and image quality vs consoles and PC.

Four big budget titles should give us an idea of the near future for streaming platforms.

If Destiny, Borderlands and Red Dead run at 60fps on Stadia, I think people will be surprised with input lag results vs console.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Why? Both Sony & Microsoft are tech companies that jumped in the gaming industry.

You’re creating a straw man argument. He didn’t say there was a problem with a tech company making a gaming console, he said “google”. The company notorious for making products and cancelling them the second they get bored. The company that has perpetual beta syndrome, the company that releases hardware and thinks email is adequate support. What happens when you spend $60.00 on some games and Stadia goes the way of Hangouts? You are left with nothing.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
i thought the idea was ok initially... but then the pricing:scust:

What's wrong with the pricing? When the free stadia base plan launches in 2020 you can essentially play games without having to grab a console or even a new controller. Granted you're paying $60 for access to a digital product but obviously people do that all the time. You dont even need stadia pro for multiplayer play either so it's entry barrier is pretty low compared to everyone else. Even the founders edition is $70 cheaper than a Switch lite.

As far as stadia getting dropped by google, I doubt that it happens anytime soon given how big of an investment they're making on it, plus developers wouldnt have committed to the platform without the expectation that it'll be around for a while. Google still has to prove themselves in the gaming space but so far I aint mad at the vision:manny:. It all comes down to execution once the service launches

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Random Popular Science article on the design process for the Stadia controller

Consent Form | Popular Science

VDR2KN6Y2GOQHIS4RXVO5KP6YM.jpg