Google Stadia (Official Thread)

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
it would work for anything :dahell:
of course. I meant as a business model, as something more sustainable than OnLive. besides I typed that before I read all the details. it’s obviously something different

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i wonder what the subscription price will be and how licensing/pay for developers will work. disc-less is where everything is going but streaming a game?

So with Project Stream, we recommended and set a threshold of about 25 megabits per second in order to enjoy 1080p / 60 frames per second. In fact, we only used about 20 megabits per second. But we gave ourselves a little bit of a buffer in the calculations.

When we launch, because we’ve made some very significant improvements to our encoder, our streamer, and our compression algorithms, we will get 4K / 60 frames per second in about 30 megabits per second.

:ehh:
impressive. i'm not going to subscribe to this no matter how good the deal is but i'm curious to see it in full and released to the public.

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
10.7 TF GPU and they can use multi GPU computing up to 3 GPUs. That's 32 TF of peak performance. XCloud is dead before it even launches. PlayStation and Nintendo will be fine. Microsoft not so much. I dont see how Microsoft streaming service can compete with Stadia. Everyone in this forum and everyone in all supported regions will have instsnt access to Stadia soon as it launches and people on PC can use there existing controllers. I'll be playing Ststia on my Sony smart TV that runs on Google Chromecast already. A year ago Sony removed there own PlayStation now service from there own smart Tv's and I figured because Google was going to put there own games on there and Sony will likely get a cut. Turns out I was right:blessed:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Developers will love this shyt for the ability to control the content. Consumers will hate it and if there are no customers for the developers, the developers will eventually fade too.

DOA.

I'm hearing that there was substantial input latency in the test setting. Imagine the issues in production. You have data going from the server, to the isp to the user to the router to the console to the TV. Imagine playing fighting games or FPS at a high level on this :picard:.

Not to mention, data quotas folks have to deal with, slow downs in their connections, and lack of the ability to play your games if the power goes out :hhh:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Google announced one game for its big gaming service announcement. One game and a few dozen ways in which Stadia ties in to YouTube, Chrome (which will be the only supported browser, at least to begin with), Chromecasts, Chromebooks, Android devices, and the rest of Google’s ecosystem. This event, scant on details and specifics though it may have been, was Google flexing its muscle as a leader in cloud technology and connectivity.
Stadia is about the future of YouTube, not gaming

Google isn't serious about this, just like with almost every other adventure they seem to take. All their rollouts of "innovative" attempts to get into different markets seem half-assed. Add this shyt to the list.

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
Its not idiotic. Part of WHY you download a game is so in the event of your internet going down or (the more likely event) the server side of the service going down you can still play your games.

Part of why I love my Switch is playing on airplanes/in the Uber. Offline will ALWAYS have a use case....not every game needs online.

Your Switch is the actual hardware that play the data/game offline you downloaded.

This New concept of game streaming, the actual game is playing over the cloud hardware. You can't download the "hardware" off the cloud to play it back.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Stadia is about the future of YouTube, not gaming

Google isn't serious about this, just like with almost every other adventure they seem to take. All their rollouts of "innovative" attempts to get into different markets seem half-assed. Add this shyt to the list.
they seem pretty serious about making YouTube their front facing portal for everything. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Gmail and the whole account feature set incorporated into it in the future

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
10.7 TF GPU and they can use multi GPU computing up to 3 GPUs. That's 32 TF of peak performance. XCloud is dead before it even launches. PlayStation and Nintendo will be fine. Microsoft not so much. I dont see how Microsoft streaming service can compete with Stadia. Everyone in this forum and everyone in all supported regions will have instsnt access to Stadia soon as it launches and people on PC can use there existing controllers. I'll be playing Ststia on my Sony smart TV that runs on Google Chromecast already. A year ago Sony removed there own PlayStation now service from there own smart Tv's and I figured because Google was going to put there own games on there and Sony will likely get a cut. Turns out I was right:blessed:
So Nintendo and Sony will be fine and Xbox is dead. Oh, and Sony will get a cut of googles pie :laff:

X-cloud has its own library, and will have Nintendo titles along with PC gaming. Sony is looking at Microsoft and Nintendo's relationship and has already hinted they too will join the Xbox live ecosystem.

The question becomes what do you know about xcloud to say it's in trouble? It's the 2nd largest cloud structure on the planet :stopitslime:
Project xCloud only adds 10 ms input lag, may need 5 Mbps internet

Can you hear me now?

Last edited:

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
So Nintendo and Sony will be fine and Xbox is dead. Oh, and Sony will get a cut of googles pie :laff:

X-cloud has its own library, and will have Nintendo titles along with PC gaming. Sony is looking at Microsoft and Nintendo's relationship and has already hinted they too will join the Xbox live ecosystem.

The question becomes what do you know about xcloud to say it's in trouble? It's the 2nd largest cloud structure on the planet :stopitslime:
Project xCloud only adds 10 ms input lag, may need 5 Mbps internet

Can you hear me now?

Where you been? You been living under a rock? Those fake ass Xbox Nintendo partnership rumors were all bullshyt and debunked a few weeks ago. Kataku reporter Jason Shcreir hopped in a thread on Reset Era and basically called them out for being the source of those rumors. Basically stupid ass journalists read those forums and belived in those xbot fantasies of Nintendo allowing Gamepass on Switch and wrote articles. Brad Sam's went on record and debunked any partnership whatsoever between Nintendo and Microsoft.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Where you been? You been living under a rock? Those fake ass Xbox Nintendo partnership rumors were all bullshyt and debunked a few weeks ago. Kataku reporter Jason Shcreir hopped in a thread on Reset Era and basically called them out for being the source of those rumors. Basically stupid ass journalists read those forums and belived in those xbot fantasies of Nintendo allowing Gamepass on Switch and wrote articles. Brad Sam's went on record and debunked any partnership whatsoever between Nintendo and Microsoft.

they denied the sdk for right now. but said more of their games will come to switch with live support enabled. Basically MS is still trying to get a hold of Nintendos userbase through their games.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Regardless of any pending Microsoft/Nintendo deals what that gotta do with your ignorance on X-cloud? X-cloud shyts all over stadia which used to be a pair of wack shoes when real G's were young, E3 Microsoft has already hinted they ain't worried about nothing :win:

Tru Story

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
The Verge:

Google's Stadia cloud gaming platform will let you stream console and PC-quality titles across laptops, desktops, TVs, tablets, and phones. At launch, Google says it will support up to 4K at 60 fps, and it will work on any screen so long as you have a Chrome browser or Chromecast Ultra. Google’s building the Netflix of video games and the company has the software and infrastructure to pull it off. But, there are still a lot of open questions.

Read more here: http://bit.ly/2FpBCCS