Google Stadia (Official Thread)

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
They literally had a technological advantage over Xcloud and PSNow from the jump and they just totally fumbled it and allowed both services to catch up. Stadia been around since Nov. 2019 when xcloud was still in beta and PSNow couldn't even stream in 1080p. Now both services are mostly caught up and have wayyyy better libraries.

I expect Amazon to actually do the opposite with Luna and get really aggressive with it in the next couple years:lupe:
Google still has an advantage with GTV coming on TVs already but I expect Sony and Microsoft to make a huge push to get their apps integrated in a similar way as well. Once that happens, it will truly be over for Stadia. I just can't believe how Google let a whole year go by and didn't do anything. With the console shortages, they could have made a huge push and gained some ground in the market:mindblown:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Google and their ADHD strikes again :francis:
The problem always was asking people to pay full price when they don’t own the hardware the game ran on. If I’m paying full price I want ownership. Game Pass with Xcloud shows that people don’t mind as much paying a subscription for access it an instant library but even there you get physical hardware.

Google should have either sold or licensed out Stadia to another company. Such a waste.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
The problem always was asking people to pay full price when they don’t own the hardware the game ran on. If I’m paying full price I want ownership. Game Pass with Xcloud shows that people don’t mind as much paying a subscription for access it an instant library but even there you get physical hardware.

Google should have either sold or licensed out Stadia to another company. Such a waste.
So you want to eliminate the best feature of Stadia and force people to have to purchase additional hardware to use it:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So you want to eliminate the best feature of Stadia and force people to have to purchase additional hardware to use it:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
The best feature of Stadia is paying $60-$70 for something you own nothing to but basic access rights under certain conditions?

If I pay $60-$70 for a digital console game as long as I store the game long term and have the hardware to play it on I’m good. In many cases I can even get around having internet access.

With Stadia buyers are lucky Google decided to refund everything or they’d have nothing and be out of the money they spent.