Google Stadia (Official Thread)

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Who the hell has network caps?? I have NEVER had a cap on my home internet. Cell phone yea. But people are really out here having caps on their home internet :scust:

With that said i still think we a couple years too early for a digital only system. Even though i personally haven't bought a physical disc since the wii u. On top of that there is no reason to get this. A extra couple hundred and u can just build a pc. Not like google has any exclusives.

EVERYONE has a network cap. "Unlimited" is a marketing myth because to the average consumer...even a stream heavy one you'd never hit it because downloads aren't as data heavy as uploads are. Go check your ISP account right now...if you have fiber or GB internet you probably have around 1000GB a month. Seems like alot...but with just everyday use of Stadia...yea you could hit that REAL fast

But to my earlier point...a content creator or streamer uses A LOT more bandwith than the average Netflix, cell phone, game console consumer. If you are gaming you have to count the bandwith it takes to send the 4k IMAGE to the screen then the bandwith of the controller which connects to the cloud and NOT your hardware, then the bandwith of the upload if you are streaming....etc.

4k is already a heavy load...these fools talking about 8k?! and the average american DOESN'T have fiber...yeah...this is the biggest hurdle to Stadia...period.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Ok, gotta school the whole forum :francis:
there's still major areas out there without 4G fam. :francis:
Oh yeah.. Ok, name one "major area" that does not have 4g available :popcorn:
:dwillhuh:I really don't understand what the fukk your point is.
The point is you will use whatever medium is available, and people talking about offline are retarded. You got a full retard vibe with you, follow the flow...
it will work for stuff like fortnite....the audience is definitely there now
it would work for anything :dahell:
Without being online I can do various things with my phone.

Watching videos, listening to music, take photos, record video, use the calculator, pedometer, organise my diary, make notes and tell the time. And text and make phone calls. On 2G too
That's great that you could, but reality is nobody does that, why do that? Do so many do it to the point where they would dictate the evolution of the future? :usure:
EVERYONE has a network cap. "Unlimited" is a marketing myth because to the average consumer...even a stream heavy one you'd never hit it because downloads aren't as data heavy as uploads are. Go check your ISP account right now...if you have fiber or GB internet you probably have around 1000GB a month. Seems like alot...but with just everyday use of Stadia...yea you could hit that REAL fast

But to my earlier point...a content creator or streamer uses A LOT more bandwith than the average Netflix, cell phone, game console consumer. If you are gaming you have to count the bandwith it takes to send the 4k IMAGE to the screen then the bandwith of the controller which connects to the cloud and NOT your hardware, then the bandwith of the upload if you are streaming....etc.

4k is already a heavy load...these fools talking about 8k?! and the average american DOESN'T have fiber...yeah...this is the biggest hurdle to Stadia...period.
Hi, Xbox insider here. Via updates Alone I average 1tb a week. Did it on Cox, Comcast and Verizon without issue so thanks for playing :sitdown: These companies don't use shyt like that against you. Boost mobile at home might, not any respectable cable internet

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This could be the start of a fragmentation culture in games that we see with video content now.

Imagine if EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Take-Two ect, all adopt this model and charge us all separately a sub fee to access their games. It'll be like how Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and HBO are now. Each with exclusive content, and a price to watch everything.

:francis:

How is Google going to get these other companies to buy in rather than just do it themselves?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Driving through downtown Atlanta using Sprint and seeing 3G on your phone. Is that clear enough for you?
So you're suggesting downtown Atlanta doesn't have 4g :wtf:
Do you think speeds will continue to increase or is 3g as good as it'll get?
Will that take 5yrs or 5months?

1.5mbps is all that is needed to game, you haven't even asked yourself if that's doable :snoop: but hey, at least you tried!

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
So you're suggesting downtown Atlanta doesn't have 4g :wtf:
Do you think speeds will continue to increase or is 3g as good as it'll get?
Will that take 5yrs or 5months?

1.5mbps is all that is needed to game

When I had Sprint, I was in the middle of downtown ATL getting 3G. That was ridiculous. (Been on AT&T ever since).

1.5 megs to game? :what:

Where's @MeachTheMonster

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
This could be the start of a fragmentation culture in games that we see with video content now.

Imagine if EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Take-Two ect, all adopt this model and charge us all separately a sub fee to access their games. It'll be like how Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and HBO are now. Each with exclusive content, and a price to watch everything.

:francis:

How is Google going to get these other companies to buy in rather than just do it themselves?
google is plugging it right into youtube. the other folks can adopt all they want but that particular availability looks like it will be key...and i assume theyd all have to go thru google to get it

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
google is plugging it right into youtube. the other folks can adopt all they want but that particularly availability looks like it will be key...and i assume theyd all have to go thru google to get it
We'll see bruh, YT is the place that people watch a lot of video game content right now... but so is Twitch. They made the first move, I'm anticipating some other players to show more of their hands in response to this however.