Google Stadia (Official Thread)

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I didn’t read all of this thread, but 5G will solve many of these “poor connection” problems. Really, and maybe I’m too optimistic, 5G is gonna change a lot of things.

I assume rural areas will have few options, but they’ll have more than they do now. Like, for instance, I only have the option to use Comcast as my isp, but...I can choose ATT, Verizon, Sprint, T-mobile for my cell phone, and therefore mobile data.

Yeah, 5G is dangerous, panoptic, and still being implemented, but it’s coming, and I for one can’t wait.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Naw. Too many red flags

Streaming only? Kills people caps and bandwidth off bat. PS now and GP aren’t huge hits

Google is notorious for their failed products/support

I honestly think the market share on gaming is closed. It would take something extraordinary to gain traction. Even Microsoft gaming division is struggling

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I think you missed the part where they are doing this thru a dedicated Gaming internet line. that's the part that I notice most of yall did not pay attention to. sure people have slower connections than other. but the minimum downloading speed, upload speeds, and ping isn't as high as you think it is. especially if they will have you on a dedicated Gaming Network. that has never been done before.

I was in the Project Stream beta. Which was the test run for this...I have Fiber internet...that shyt was NOT 60fps at 4k at all times. Even if it was, the bigger issue isn't getting the game to you. The proof of concept has already been done. The issue is how many people have DATA CAPS that could handle something like this as a primary console? The answer is virtually NO ONE. The kicker is that they want this to be used by content creators too? Nah, breh I can't even IMAGINE the bill of someone playing on 4k and then STREAMING while doing it. 5G doesn't solve THAT problem.:merchant:

The idea is great as hell, and I think it would be a dope suppliment to a console/PC one already has. But as a primary boy...nah not till the data issue is solved.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Told you guys this was the streaming boy...

Here;s the problem...How the fukk can you be expected to be streaming 4k without hitting your data cap...oh right...you can't. ISPs about to EAT off this shyt. G-set gon double up on it too once Google Fiber is country wide.

$20 sub fee for Stadia + $120 Internet Bill = 1,600/year.

As opposed to
$400 console with 10 games/$60 per and a year of PSN/LIVE = $1050/year.

The Devs and the Advertisers will love this...but until the data aspect of it is figured out IDK how well it does.
5G is a couple years out from mass market adoption, data concerns alleviated instantly

Also using your numbers $20 sub fee + $120 internet bill = $360 a year no?

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
the fact that they have nothing dedicated for offline (yet) basically means MS has this shyt on lock.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
5G is a couple years out from mass market adoption, data concerns alleviated instantly

Also using your numbers $20 sub fee + $120 internet bill = $360 a year no?

A year is 12 months...brehp :russ:

And no the data concerns aren't fixed. 5G like 4G and 3G before it won't see mass level adoption for a couple years past its introduction and even then it WILL be capped. There's nothing that indicates that 5G will "solve" this issue. Because solving it would actively kneecap the revenue of any ISP. Why would they do that?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Bunch of idiots bringing up offline :what:

It's a streaming service. It's not like music or a video where you can download the content and play it back offline.

Its not idiotic. Part of WHY you download a game is so in the event of your internet going down or (the more likely event) the server side of the service going down you can still play your games.

Part of why I love my Switch is playing on airplanes/in the Uber. Offline will ALWAYS have a use case....not every game needs online.