Google Stadia (Official Thread)

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Did these media platforms watch the same fukking reveal show

:whatchudoingkid:

All we got is promises and theories and they acting like we just saw the second coming of christ.

We ain't even get no damn gameplay, how many times we've been lied to before and yall just eating shyt up

:isyoucrazy:
I mean its GDC, not E3 they always get hype at gdc

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
This is incredible, pricing will be key. They're bringing gaming at the cost of a joypad and a sub fee (anything more than 10 a month and it'll flop)

Luddites will be in their feelings but this will be the new normal within 5 years

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This is incredible, pricing will be key. They're bringing gaming at the cost of a joypad and a sub fee (anything more than 10 a month and it'll flop)

Luddites will be in their feelings but this will be the new normal within 5 years
This is an optimistic way of thinking
:ehh:

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Call me old-school but fukk any gaming system that requires an always on connection. Same shyt that made the XBOX1 flop out the gate. FOH.

This is what I'm not understanding. I'm not a big time gamer. But I do turn the PS4 on to just play let's say 2K. What if I don't want to play online? Why can't the causal player just play? Did they take that into account? Do I have to pay full price for a game I play 3 times a year. I'm confused can yall help me out

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
They’ll have lots of technical challenges to overcome and their execution is going to be key but overall, I think the concept and some of the ideas they’re bringing to the table are pretty interesting. The biggest tell will be their 1st party IPs. I’m sure we’ll get some kind of fortnite/destiny clone out of Stadia games but hopefully we get some other new AAA IPs to shake up the industry.

I’m not a console stanboy and play everything so I’m hoping they can execute and give us some new experiences:yeshrug:

If it’s like $10-15 subscription fee to play whatever game is on the platform on whatever screen then why not cop? You don’t even need their controller

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Told you guys this was the streaming boy...

Here;s the problem...How the fukk can you be expected to be streaming 4k without hitting your data cap...oh right...you can't. ISPs about to EAT off this shyt. G-set gon double up on it too once Google Fiber is country wide.

$20 sub fee for Stadia + $120 Internet Bill = 1,600/year.

As opposed to
$400 console with 10 games/$60 per and a year of PSN/LIVE = $1050/year.

The Devs and the Advertisers will love this...but until the data aspect of it is figured out IDK how well it does.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your average consumer doesn't have the internet required for this console to be effective.

A fitting song title for Google

I think you missed the part where they are doing this thru a dedicated Gaming internet line. that's the part that I notice most of yall did not pay attention to. sure people have slower connections than other. but the minimum downloading speed, upload speeds, and ping isn't as high as you think it is. especially if they will have you on a dedicated Gaming Network. that has never been done before.