Google is doing TOO much. They really are spying brehs

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My phone does this when I play sports video games.

I was playing RTTS with the Baltimore Orioles.

Out of nowhere I start getting score updates for the Baltimore Orioles. :wtf:

Last edited:

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
I'm convinced everything is spying now, JUST updated my iPhone recently & now the shyt automatically knows when I'm driving, kinda like :whoa:

It's just the motion sensor. It's not that clever, it does the same if you're on a bus or if you're the passenger in a car

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
ive been slowly tapering off my phone dependency more and more.

when im home and already plan to be in for the night, i turn it off or put it on do not disturb and leave it on my desk. location services never turned on. ideally id like to transition to an ipod touch to listen to music / podcasts on my commute and keep my phone tucked and take it out when i need it. check my messages on a schedule every couple hours and reply as needed. i hate feeling like I owe the world my accessibility 24/7, getting constantly inturrupted or being distracted. im not missing out on shyt except for roasting sessions with friends in group chats on whatsapp, or knowing the exact time every other minute.

un-installing games and social apps, and running do not disturb mode with a few select people being programmed to break through it, has been a godsend

the privacy stuff is def a small factor but for me i dont wanna have my head down in front of a screen all the time, being distracted by a million different things - mostly involving other peoples lives, or someone trying to sell me something. fukk it

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
#BlackMirror

this impending odd future is told to us everyday... we just take it and complain a little. "they" know we won't do shyt. they don't care. pretty soon, they're gonna be blatant with it. the past 3-5 years have been the warm up, test runs. I feel sorry for the kids.

K.Dot

African American
Daps
Reppin
Bro 'nem
The advertisement game is fukking massive and Google the biggest of em all. The more they know about you, the easier it is to make ads for shyt they know you'll buy.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The advertisement game is fukking massive and Google the biggest of em all. The more they know about you, the easier it is to make ads for shyt they know you'll buy.

Wonder what the ROI metrics are for google's snooping and suggestions... :jbhmm:

I've never been super consumerist. I'm pretty bare bones, and opt moreso for experiences over worldly trinkets (with the exception of a lil' gear, food and innovative mechanical devices)... got that Google? :smugbiden:

But I wonder how much this shyt really influences people... I barely notice the ads (on any platform) ... and if people don't have the money to buy, they just dont have it and can't buy regardless.

so this is clearly bigger than target marketing. It's more of a general, social engineering, propaganda experiment that Google is clearly a huge part of.

K.Dot

African American
Daps
Reppin
Bro 'nem
Wonder what the ROI metrics are for google's snooping and suggestions... :jbhmm:

I've never been super consumerist. I'm pretty bare bones, and opt moreso for experiences over worldly trinkets (with the exception of a lil' gear, food and innovative mechanical devices)... got that Google? :smugbiden:

But I wonder how much this shyt really influences people... I barely notice the ads (on any platform) ... and if people don't have the money to buy, they just dont have it and can't buy regardless.

so this is clearly bigger than target marketing. It's more of a general, social engineering, propaganda experiment that Google is clearly a huge part of.
Lol, it's proven bro. It's literally the entire point of Google, how they make all their money, damn near a trillion dollar industry. Look into the psychology portion of advertising and marketing. shyt is pure insanity.

K.Dot

African American
Daps
Reppin
Bro 'nem
of course...but I was wondering whether its effectiveness was exaggerated. Clearly it's not. What a world. :wow:
I don't think most nikkas understand that ads today is straight up hypnosis, that's not a hyperbole and I'm not joking, they target your subconscious, you don't even be realizing you are be advertised to, it's pure insanity.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I don't think most nikkas understand that ads today is straight up hypnosis, that's not a hyperbole and I'm not joking, they target your subconscious, you don't even be realizing you are be advertised to, it's pure insanity.
yeah nearly everything is marketing and advertising...it's embedded in nearly everything on any media platform. You'd have to go off the grid to avoid it. Your thoughts are not your own, sheeple. :ufdup:

:mjlol:

K.Dot

African American
Daps
Reppin
Bro 'nem
yeah nearly everything is marketing and advertising...it's embedded in nearly everything on any media platform. You'd have to go off the grid to avoid it. Your thoughts are not your own, sheeple. :ufdup:

:mjlol:
Live in a consumerist society brehs :scust:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Most of the spying that Google does is with the permission of the phone's owner.

When you use your voice to search, you give Google permission to have access to your microphone. Meaning that they can turn it on and off when they want. Use Google maps you give them permission to get your exact location. It's not just Google though. Apps ask you for permission for shyt that they do not need.
They also gather data on your battery life, send metadata on how you use your phone

You can ask Google for all the data that they have on you and delete all the voice recordings. Read the terms and conditions of each app you use. Some of the stuff that is in there is downright illegal and can be challenged in court Deny unnecessary requests for access to your contacts, mics, photos unless the app warrants it.

If you don't believe me. Google it