Good Times is one of the worst shows the black community ever had

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Glad that Bill Cosby stood for black people's best interests, even when he got shytted on by c00n ass nikkas for speaking the truth on how nikkas love ignorance and embrace substandard conditions as a badge of honor.
It wasn't the message people were offended by it was his audiences. My pops was pissed about it and not because of what he said because of all the white people he said it too

WheresWallace

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How about the Black Jesus Episode. That was the episode that made me stop watching. Florida was mad that Black Jesus was performing miracles and the White Jesus ain't do shyt for them.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
And what opportunites did they pass up? Moving when james died? Moving when buddy boy broke his knee? What other legit opportunites did they pass up?

The job in Alaska? You selectively forgot that one :mjpls:

WheresWallace

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There were only a handful of 'Black' sitcoms to watch at that time, but NONE of them was as good as Good Times in it's portrayal of the 'Black' family.

That's My Momma
What's Happening
Sanford and Son
The Jeffersons

I watched 'em and laughed, but LIVED and understood Good Times.​
Well you're obviously a bumb ass nikka. I aint grow up with much but I never grew up with the mentality to settle. I fukked with The Jeffersons. George Jefferson was a real nikka. He got money, gave back to the hood, and took no shyt from white folks.

Sanford and Son was my shyt too. They lived a simple life but they aint c00n. Lamott was a cock blocking hater tho. This nikka stayed throwin salt Fred Sanfords game. :aicmon:

Yogi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And what opportunites did they pass up? Moving when james died? Moving when buddy boy broke his knee? What other legit opportunites did they pass up?
On one episode, James found about 10 g's that was lost during a grocery store robbery. He brought that shyt home, but Florida made him take it back. Everybody else wanted to keep the money. Even when Florida asked her preacher what to do, he was like :patrice:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
On one episode, James found about 10 g's that was lost during a grocery store robbery. He brought that shyt home, but Florida made him take it back. Everybody else wanted to keep the money. Even when Florida asked her preacher what to do, he was like :patrice:
Florida wanted to make sure they stayed in poverty because James would leave her ugly ass if he ever came up

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Florida wanted to make sure they stayed in poverty because James would leave her ugly ass if he ever came up
:deadrose: shyt just got really real with that post lol

now that i think about George jefferson was the realist nikka from that time.
nikka stayed calln crackers honkey and not in the joking way, but we all laughed :heh:

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah i never liked good times that much....its ok being poor while white folks eat....

nobody trying to be happy poor living off food stamps like a sucker

jeffersons was where it was....rip......goegre played the game the way its supposed to be played

Last edited:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
SpeaktotheMods said:
Well you're obviously a bumb ass nikka. I aint grow up with much but I never grew up with the mentality to settle.

:stopitslime:

Show me where I posted that they had the mentality to 'settle', you puerile microcephalic troglodyte?

You have the reading comprehension of an amoeba.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Born2BKing said:

James was actually lucky to have a woman since dude never got past the 6th grade and didn't get his High School Diploma until Season 2.......18 years after he married her because he knocked her up.

:snooze: