Good Times is one of the worst shows the black community ever had

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was a koo show and I guess it was fun to black ppl while it was on.

but when u look back shyt thats really what they was projecting to us.

" just looking out of my window ????...looking how it all looks sad and down GOOD TIMES GOOD TIMES
Keeping yo head above water:bustback:..making a way When u Can
temporary lay offs GOOD TIMES
Easy credit rip offs GOOD TIMES
struggling and surviving GOOD TIMES
AINT WE LUCKY WE GOT'EM??"

nikka where is 1 single good time in that intro? :russ:

shyt as a lil boy I use to sing thst fukkin intro before I even knew what all those things ment just cuz it sounded good and was the intro everytime.
thats some psychological shyt :ohhh:

And then now thst im a grown man and know they was living in the worst projects ever makes the shyt unbelievable, nikkas would have did anything to get out aand jj big mouth ass woulda been got smoked on gp.

and jj was a c00n from the gate everybody just latched on it and he blew up.

And even if mike evans wrote or started it, its no doubt white nikkas took it over and did what they wanted.

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I understand what the thread title is about. But I sorta disagree, not hedging my bets but there were shows since good times that were far worse. The first season of good times had great writing. Florida(esther role) was like 15yrs older than james(john amos) character. John amos was just a few years older than jimmie walker(JJ). Once his famous DYNOMITE took off, the show became about him. The c00nery from JJ's character & more money drove amos to quit the show. John amos said a few years ago jimmie walker was 19 & couldn't read.

Esther role quit the show briefly did the same because of JJ's character c00ning but only agreed to come back if his character became more serious. And you can watch JJ's character became more serious towards the end of the show. Overall some of the things were cringe worthy looking back in the 80s when that show was on. But black television didn't have a lot of platforms back then so for what it was worth it was ok.

A more important question that should be asked is why would a guy like Tyler Perry produce a show like "The Browns" that showcases a clown dressing overweight black man who was portrayed as a c00ning buffon who was very illiterate. That's supposed to be black comedy in 2011-2013???? People like TP should be ashamed of themselves.

I don't understand the fascination in hollywood in regards with black culture where stereotypes have to portrayed showing us being ignorant & emasculated in 2013. TP gets a lot of flack & deservingly so. He stars in his movies wearing a dress & lipstick with high heels or he produces characters like "brown". Some may find it funny, but you have to be mindful of who is really laughing at stuff like that, it's blatant misrepresentation...

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How dare Florida and James have morals & principles. Why they didn't allow J.J. to keep "finding things". How dare Florida not want her husband to be a "hustler". How dare James not what his daughter to be a whore or go through the same struggle he's currently going through. How dare they.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Lol I dont think its one of the worst, but I hate how every episode, every time some kind of opportunity to get out of there presented itself, something ALWAYS would go wrong and mess up their chances of doing so. Or like you said Florida acted like she didnt want to leave.

Yep, despite the fond memories heads on here have of that show, it paved the way of black folk loving the second class status and putting it to the minds of gen X aka the minds of the gangsta rap generation. That Show pisses me off time and again to see how the Evans family kept on passing up opportunities that could improve future generation of their family line.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Always thought the show was annoying. Never watched it nor took it particularly seriously....

Glad that Cosby eventually came through and crushed the buildings and showed Modern television what Black Excellence was REALLY about

Glad that Bill Cosby stood for black people's best interests, even when he got shytted on by c00n ass nikkas for speaking the truth on how nikkas love ignorance and embrace substandard conditions as a badge of honor.

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep, despite the fond memories heads on here have of that show, it paved the way of black folk loving the second class status and putting it to the minds of gen X aka the minds of the gangsta rap generation. That Show pisses me off time and again to see how the Evans family kept on passing up opportunities that could improve future generation of their family line.
And what opportunites did they pass up? Moving when james died? Moving when buddy boy broke his knee? What other legit opportunites did they pass up?