Good Times is one of the worst shows the black community ever had

little4209

All Star
Daps
:snoop: smh...I really don't think it was a bad show, of course JJ was the buffoon of the cast..but it had a lot of realism and represented the stories of a lot of Black folks during that time...had some good messages too, especially from Michael with his love for Black culture..but hey, I was only born in 87, so what do I know :yeshrug:

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
The show was basically saying black folks should be happy to be poor and not care to improve their social status. Florida Evans character was all about staying in the projects in a terrible environment and every episode they gave more reasons to why living in sub-standard conditions were acceptable. I just saw an episode where their 17-18 year old daughter wanted to marry a dude who was struggling. James was pissed and wanted her to get her education and make a better life for herself but of course it ended with them accepting being in poverty and all siding against James.
If you gon say that then you gotta say that rap/hip hop music is just as bad since gangsta rap hit the streets

King Biko

A King With A Concubine
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Florida wanted to make sure they stayed in poverty because James would leave her ugly ass if he ever came up
I was born in '88. Fresh Prince, Martin, Cosby....I grew up on that. I never had the desire to watch Good Times :yeshrug:

I figure people born in the 70s, early to mid 80s might feel more attached to that show.

Daps for being born in the goat year in history

WhatsGoodTy

Ya feel me
Daps
HATING ON GOOD TIMES? WHAT IS THIS REAL?

tumblr_lzanm3cQwV1qdpf83o1_400.gif

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
fukking around on wikipedia, Florida quit her job just because James got a raise when they got their spin-off. :wtf:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Lol I dont think its one of the worst, but I hate how every episode, every time some kind of opportunity to get out of there presented itself, something ALWAYS would go wrong and mess up their chances of doing so. Or like you said Florida acted like she didnt want to leave.

that always happened to Al Bundy and Fred Sanford too. LOL