God of War | PS4/ PC |

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Looks interesting:ehh:

Looks like they're gonna deviate from the old hack-and-slash formula of the original trilogy

That boy is gonna have to man-up real quick though:ufdup:

Calling it now, Kratos will die at the end of the sequel and you'll take control of the boy going forward

SO NO ONE IS GOING TO TALK ABOUT HOW THEY CHANGED KRATOS INTO A WHITE MAN?!?!?!?!?!?! :pacspit:

He was always white:camby:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Impressed that they truly changed the game.

Doesn't even really look like GOW:ehh:

It all depends on how the combat feels. Hopefully the full game isn't as scripted as this demo was.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Never been into the GOW games(for the love of god I HATED their camera angle) and always preferred DMC as a hack and slash over it, but this is this is the game that finally gets me into the series. This game looked GODLIKE! And plus its a new story/setting? So I can easily transition into it. But more importantly NORSE mythology which I think is better than the overused Greek mythology. :ohlawd:

I really wanna see a Kratos vs Thor fight.:ohlawd:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Doesn't make sense...

Norse mythology
Main character redesign
Complete gameplay redesign

That sounds more like a reboot than a continuation...Besides all that, even if the story takes place after the events of GOW3... how do you explain the jump to Norse mythology?

Just because its a NEW setting does NOT mean its a reboot.:what:

A reboot would mean either a completely new character or retconning Krato's story to something else like Rob Zombie did with Michael Myers. And character redesign? Kratos clearly has gotten older...

What you're mentioning in this post does not define a reboot...

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

A reboot would mean either a completely new character or retconning Krato's story to something else like Rob Zombie did with Michael Myers. And character redesign? Kratos clearly has gotten older...

:dwillhuh:I thought it was pretty obvious that this is supposed to be a series reboot.
You dont think so?

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
:what:@ a black Spartan...

Where do y'all come up with this dumb shyt...Who voices the character is irrelevant...They showed Kratos without the ashes in the first game...He's a typical southern Greek tanned CAC...

Spartans were the ancient Greek equivalent of Nazis...They would throw their own kids off cliffs if they didn't look right...

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
:wtf: Wait have you guys played the God of War series?
I'm seeing a lot of inaccurate posts. Just for clarification I beat the entire series including the psp ones.
Kratos was a Spartan. The character is not black. Think Leonidas from 300.
The character shown in the new trailer is Norse/Viking. This is not the same Kratos from the original God of War series.
The title of the game was revealed simply as "God of War", which would imply that this is a reboot, however not confirmed. Sure there's a possibility this is a separate timeline that exists within the original story but I HIGHLY doubt that. I think if that was the case it would have had a different title. "God of War: The revenge of Thor" or something silly like that.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

Looks like a reboot. Kratos doesn't have the blades of chaos here and his skin complextion is the same as the kids in some scenes. He isn't even the same culture as before.

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
They changed every thing about how the game looks, plays and the fukking mythology it was centered around...

Not a reboot though because the main guy is still called Kratos...:dwillhuh:
A reboot doesn't mean they have to change the name of the characters.
It can very much be the same overall concept told through a different theme or culture.
Tomb Raider had a reboot and the character was still called Lara Croft.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Where does anything that we saw hint to a reboot?
:wtf: Wait have you guys played the God of War series?
I'm seeing a lot of inaccurate posts. Just for clarification I beat the entire series including the psp ones.
Kratos was a Spartan. The character is not black. Think Leonidas from 300.
The character shown in the new trailer is Norse/Viking. This is not the same Kratos from the original God of War series.
The title of the game was revealed simply as "God of War", which would imply that this is a reboot, however not confirmed. Sure there's a possibility this is a separate timeline that exists within the original story but I HIGHLY doubt that. I think if that was the case it would have had a different title. "God of War: The revenge of Thor" or something silly like that.

It can very much be the same overall concept told through a different theme or culture.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

We would know if it's a reboot if the developers state that Kratos origins has been changed. But it wouldn't make sense. What the heck would a Greek God of War with Greek influenced look be doing in Norse mythology?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Its still to early to tell if this is a series reboot, sequel, or prequel even though to me, what we say looked more like a reboot more than anything else.
Interesting thing I just realized that I haven't seen anyone else mention yet.
The original Kratos and this new character both have a similar scar on their stomach/chest area.
This was where Zeus stabbed Kratos.
This new character looks MUCH older than the original Kratos as well.
The end of GOW 3 Kratos seemilingly crawls away leaving a trail of blood implying that he may be alive.
Could Kratos have survived, gone off in hiding and years later started a new family of another culture? (This theory wouldn't work IMO because it wouldn't explain the change in facial features.)
Another important thing to point out is that this character already has the red mark and seemingly has the ash curse already.
:ohhh:
Still too early to tell for sure though. Definitely interesting that he already has the curse mark and a similar scar.

Edit: Not only does he have the same scar on his chest but he has the same scar on his right eye. :ohhh: So yeah...I think its very possible Kratos survived after GOW 3 and is living with a new family or tribe of some sort.