God of War | PS4/ PC |

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

Its still to early to tell if this is a series reboot, sequel, or prequel even though to me, what we say looked more like a reboot more than anything else.
Interesting thing I just realized that I haven't seen anyone else mention yet.
The original Kratos and this new character both have a similar scar on their stomach/chest area.
This was where Zeus stabbed Kratos.
This new character looks MUCH older than the original Kratos as well.
The end of GOW 3 Kratos seemilingly crawls away leaving a trail of blood implying that he may be alive.
Could Kratos have survived
, gone off in hiding and years later started a new family of another culture? (This theory wouldn't work IMO because it wouldn't explain the change in facial features.)
Another important thing to point out is that this character already has the red mark and seemingly has the ash curse already.
:ohhh:
Still too early to tell for sure though. Definitely interesting that he already has the curse mark and a similar scar.

Now using common sense(not insulting you), what does this hint to? Yes Michael Myers was still named Michael Myers in the Rob Zombie reboot, but his origins and even character design was changed. Same thing with Tomb Raider. With GOW on the other hand we are not seeing this.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
The last of god of war :wow:

this shyt gon be as lit as it get.....even tho i'd rather have the camera of old rather than this resident evil shoulder cam shyt but im guessing there wont be hordes of enemies or something in this sequel/reboot....im most definitely intrigued tho :ehh:

EDIT: oh and i'd absolutely hate to have kratos for a dad :pachaha:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Now using common sense(not insulting you), what does this hint to? Yes Michael Myers was still named Michael Myers in the Rob Zombie reboot, but his origins and even character design was changed. Same thing with Tomb Raider. With GOW on the other hand we are not seeing this.
Peep the eyes too. They both have the same scar over the right eye.
This has to be the same Kratos. He must have survived GOW, and found a new family/tribe to live with.
He looks very old in this one. Let me get my fan imagination on (And I agree with @Kingshango) :

The game will start with this new Kratos as we saw. Taking this child under his wing.
They encounter an enemy and Kratos ultimately sacrifices his life to save this child.
The child, who saw Kratos as a father, goes into Kratos' belongings and finds locked away relics from the original series.
Maybe Kratos' old armor, or even the blades of chaos. Pictures of his original family.
The screen fades to black and the next time we see the boy, he is grown and is using Krato's weapons. I wouldn't imagine he would use the blades of chaos though.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Peep the eyes too. They both have the same scar over the right eye.
This has to be the same Kratos. He must have survived GOW, and found a new family/tribe to live with.
He looks very old in this one. Let me get my fan imagination on (And I agree with @Kingshango) :

The game will start with this new Kratos as we saw. Taking this child under his wing.
They encounter an enemy and Kratos ultimately sacrifices his life to save this child.
The child, who saw Kratos as a father, goes into Kratos' belongings and finds locked away relics from the original series.
Maybe Kratos' old armor, or even the blades of chaos. Pictures of his original family.
The screen fades to black and the next time we see the boy, he is grown and is using Krato's weapons. I wouldn't imagine he would use the blades of chaos though.
:ehh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Its still to early to tell if this is a series reboot, sequel, or prequel even though to me, what we say looked more like a reboot more than anything else.
Interesting thing I just realized that I haven't seen anyone else mention yet.
The original Kratos and this new character both have a similar scar on their stomach/chest area.
This was where Zeus stabbed Kratos.
This new character looks MUCH older than the original Kratos as well.
The end of GOW 3 Kratos seemilingly crawls away leaving a trail of blood implying that he may be alive.
Could Kratos have survived, gone off in hiding and years later started a new family of another culture? (This theory wouldn't work IMO because it wouldn't explain the change in facial features.)
Another important thing to point out is that this character already has the red mark and seemingly has the ash curse already.
:ohhh:
Still too early to tell for sure though. Definitely interesting that he already has the curse mark and a similar scar.

Edit: Not only does he have the same scar on his chest but he has the same scar on his right eye. :ohhh: So yeah...I think its very possible Kratos survived after GOW 3 and is living with a new family or tribe of some sort.
This is not a reboot. It's a direct sequel to God of War III. The same story is continued. A reboot means everything is reset. Tomb Raider 2013 is a reboot. Character is called Lara Croft but its not the same Lara Croft from the previous games. The entire character origins and world is reset. They can make a direct sequel to a game and change the gameplay. There's a series called Resident Evil that does as much. Some of the early games in that series are nothing like some of the latter games.

The developers said they want to continue exploring the character of Kratos and have him grow beyond his rage.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
This is not a reboot. It's a direct sequel to God of War III. The same story is continued. A reboot means everything is reset. Tomb Raider 2013 is a reboot. Character is called Lara Croft but its not the same Lara Croft from the previous games. The entire character origins and world is reset. They can make a direct sequel to a game and change the gameplay. There's a series called Resident Evil that does as much. Some of the early games in that series are nothing like some of the latter games.

The developers said they want to continue exploring the character of Kratos and have him grow beyond his rage.
Yeah. Im seeing that now.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Ab5cWLN.gif

untitled1dzputh.gif

Pretty much the only series I buy and play religiously. Can't wait. Day 1