God of War | PS4/ PC |

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Not at all. Just rolling with the established mythology. I'm sure it would look cool, but it would be whack to me if they let kratos pick it up like nothing and use it as a weapon. Wouldn't surprise me though.
Yeah as far as entertainment. To be honest I said that on the basis of how over the top GOW 3 was with him killing gods left and right.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
I've been reading up on Norse Mythology since I saw this trailer and it got me like

:ohhh:

Lot of shyt they could put in this game, got me curious as to the direction they go with it :lupe:

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
What button do we press to smash the kids head in and bathe in his blood? :demonic:

It would low key be funny if they had some kinda code you could input and have this happen at any time. Have people just upload the random times they do it out of frustration or just for the sheer annoyance of the kid tagging along.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
God of War PS4 Dev: Game Will Be Long And Action Packed, No Mini Games, Shares Development Update « GamingBolt.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Previews and Blog

God of War PS4 Dev: Game Will Be Long And Action Packed, No Mini Games, Shares Development Update
The new game promises to be a significant departure from previous games in the series.

Posted By Pramath | On 25th, Aug. 2016 Under News | Follow This Author @Pramath1605

image: http://gamingbolt.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/God-of-War_01.jpg

One of the most exciting looking upcoming games is Sony Santa Monica’s God of War, the next major chapter in Kratos’ journey. The game promises to be a significant departure from the previous entries in the series, with its controllable camera, and emphasis on a very different kind of Kratos, with very different abilities.

Speaking on Twitter and responding to fans, Cory Barlog, the director of the upcoming game who previously headed up God of War 2, widely considered to be the best game in the series, talked about the game, sharing some more details about it. Barlog stressed that the new game would be long, and action packed- as long and action packed as he could make it. It would, he said, have sequences with lots of enemies on screen- as a matter of fact, Barlog mentioned having a great combat playtest this week for the game.

He also shared that the game would not have any minigames, like previous titles in the franchise, and that it would be translated into as many languages as it is in Barlog’s power to get it translated into.

God of War is due out in 2017 exclusively on the PlayStation 4.

Check out @corybarlog's Tweet:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
God of War is under a heavy, “painful” development stage.
Forget whatever you knew about the upcoming God of War. According to the director of the game, Cory Barlog, the gameplay is under a heavy, “painful” development stage. During an interaction with certain fans on Twitter, Barlog seemed receptive to fresh ideas (ideas like customizing own combos!) while also explaining what was going on.

Although God of War is, a basically a hard-hitting combat game where your primary instinct is to massacre hordes of enemies – this is about to change, even if slightly. I’m not saying it’s going to become worse in any respect, just more interesting. Read our ‘Everything We Know About God of War‘ to get a better knowledge on the game.

Recently, Barlog helped us clear many confusions regarding the gameplay of the game. For example, you’re not going to play or directly control Kratos’ son. You can, however, use him to help attacking or make him interact in certain situations. Kratos is still the guy you play.

santa-monica-studios.jpg

Santa Monica Studios

Also, mini-games aren’t totally out of God of War. We’re getting something even better. No one knows what can it be, but it’ll be something to spice up the gameplay further by providing side-arcs or achievements to unlock without contributing to the main story.

The show-stealing stuff Barlog said was, quote on quote, “The combat in this game is going to be satisfying as hell to play.” It was in response to the claim that GoW is a fast-paced hack and slash combat game but without the blades it loses its charm. We now have a reason to believe that combat will still be fast-paced.

Along with combat systems, the story’s mechanics are also under heavy development. We might catch glimpses of characters from Kratos’ past in this game. To be honest, this will be more than I can ever expect from a GoW game’s story.
img164.jpg
Lastly, to believe the words of Cory Barlog, “when people play the final game they will see [the] goal, and even the hardest of hearts will melt.”

So! Get ready and kicking for a heart-melting storyline with a combat style that’s improving heavily as we talk. We don’t know about the release date yet, but what we know is that God of War is coming with a bang!

Keep in touch with Spiel Times for more gaming, technology and esports related information, news and stuff.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

PS4 Exclusive God of War Reaches Development Milestone, Can Be Played From Beginning to End

After God of War‘s debut at E3 2016, the good folks at Sony Santa Monica Studio did not share much else about the game, but they have been hard at work on it, and today Game Director Cory Barlog shared that a rather relevant milestone has been reached: the game is now playable from its beginning to its end.

@filthy_mortze ha. no…there is a whole game here. Just finished first full play through with the leads. very exciting milestone for us!

— Cory Barlog (@corybarlog) December 22, 2016

While Berlog mentioned that being able to do a full playthrough is an “exciting milestone,” and indeed it is, we should keep in mind that this definitely doesn’t mean that God of War is finished, or even close to it.

We don’t have any specific information on how close to completion the game is, but normally in game development a title is playable through its whole story much before most of its assets are finalized.

That said, it’s quite exciting to hear that the next God of War can now be fully played, even if only internally, by its developers.

To celebrate, you can go back and watch the original video that finally brought the older (and maybe slightly wiser) Kratos out of the shadows and back under the spotlight.

Source: Cory Barlog via NeoGAF

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I really feel like GOW is going to come along and crush the building for sony. I'm actually shocked its not getting hyped to death even with the lack of info.
Nice casual action experience with good prroduction values and gore.

Badically overrated gameplay but great cinematic experience.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I really feel like GOW is going to come along and crush the building for sony. I'm actually shocked its not getting hyped to death even with the lack of info.

There's nothing to be hyped over. The last god of war was horrible and we know absolutely nothing about this one.

If they show something substantial at E3 then yea the Hype will be there. But right now? There's nothing to go off of.