God of War | PS4/ PC |

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
:patrice:I'ma have to see more of this one, it looks good but I' with the people that don't want to see kratos walking around with a kid for an entire game. I just really dislike kids in videogames:manny: but if they don't mess up the main appeal, which is, somwtimes I just want to carve a path through a load of enemies with some epic bossfights. I never really cared for the story in GoW, not saying adding one would putt me off off this game but I'm not as hype as I could've been

onlylno

Haitian American Descended From Slaves
Supporter
Daps
I'm going to miss the old hack and slash fast paced GOW.

:whoo:

But this shyt here looking right.

The series has always been about vengeance so i doubt Kratos and the kid both make it out alive.

onlylno

Haitian American Descended From Slaves
Supporter
Daps
I missed most of E3.

Is this the best game coming out of Sony? What else is good?

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
This game might make me purchase a PS4 after I cop the Xbox One S.

But that voice acting between Kratos and hisnson was fukking cringe worthy. :scust:

Thensonnliterally showed nonreal emotion, even when having to mark his first kill.

The game looks amazing though.

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
I think he typo'd "his son"

But what was wrong with the dialogue? I thought it was great. :wtf:
That's what I'm wondering. :mjlol:
That's the type of interaction fathers and sons usually have when you go into "Dad Mode". Especially when you're trying to teach them something. It's frustrating but the overall outcome will be good.
That's what the game's going to deal with. Kratos is going to have to balance his patience level, or he will blow the fukk up.
I'm kind of excited for this.
I'm a sucker for a good father and son story

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
That's what I'm wondering. :mjlol:
That's the type of interaction fathers and sons usually have when you go into "Dad Mode". Especially when you're trying to teach them something. It's frustrating but the overall outcome will be good.
That's what the game's going to deal with. Kratos is going to have to balance his patience level, or he will blow the fukk up.
I'm kind of excited for this.
I'm a sucker for a good father and son story
Maybe the boy will be kidnapped at some point in the game forcing Kratos to go back to his old ways and destroy everything in sight

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
Maybe the boy will be kidnapped at some point in the game forcing Kratos to go back to his old ways and destroy everything in sight
I feel that already. That's a given.
I have to expect that he's going to have a breakout moment in a few areas of this story.
Guess I'm just not getting why folks don't grasp the way they interact.

I sort of forget I'm a bit older than most in here, and have been a father for quite some time.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
The voice acting...

Between kratos and his son...

As shown in the gameplay trailer...

Was B-level.

What's the confusion?

Okay... I've read the rest of the thread chain.. Let me explain...

First off, I'ma father of 2 boys and I LOVE the coming of age and child raising angle. I love it.

However, the actual voice acting...not the plot or the situation... seemed amateur-ish to me.

I'm at work so I'll try to remember the parts...

I felt like when they were doing to voice acting, the two actors felt like they were saying the lines which happened to be patched together...rather than actually feeding off each other's dialogue.

I'm being picky ONLY because the cinematic quality is at a level where my criticism is actually a testament to our amazing the overall product looks.

I wouldn't be nit-picking about the acting during Plants v Zombies, if you get what I mean. :pachaha:

Last edited:

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
Well I guess I'm the only one that plays some games just for "square square triangle"

And I think they could have spiced up "square square triangle" with out ditching the OG presentation and feel all of the way. GTA and Mario constantly do this.

Exactly, and they already showed they were capable of doing that with Ascension. I guarantee most of the people complaining about the gameplay being stale didn't finish Ascension. That had the best gameplay in the series and was still able to innovate within the formula. Uncharted 4 (pacing issues aside) was able to do this as well.

It seems like SSM has thrown away the unique aspects of the series in exchange for the more popular gameplay features of today. Some say GOW needed "fresh" and "new" gameplay, but is it really fresh and new if you just took elements from popular games like TLOU and Bloodborne/Souls? I play different franchises for the unique experiences. Sony right now is catering to those who want a more homogenized experience across the board. Business wise it makes sense:ehh:

But artistically I say fukk it. Now we don't have any big budget hack and slash games on Playstation.

But I guess this is good for the scrubs who wanted a casual Souls game with the added benefit of a cinematic experience. I gotta say that's one hell of a marketing pitch. The game will sell millions.