God of War | PS4/ PC |

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
Another Square-Square-Triangle God of War game

This complaint is so funny to me. Do y'all even realize what y'all are saying? What buttons do you think Cory was pressing during the combat in the demo. Outside of the axe throws, he was literally doing the exact same axe combo over and over again.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This complaint is so funny to me. Do y'all even realize what y'all are saying? What buttons do you think Cory was pressing during the combat in the demo. Outside of the axe throws, he was literally doing the exact same axe combo over and over again.
I know it's square square triangle, but the presentation and what you do around the combat drastically looks and feels different.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Combat looks pretty shallow in what was shown. Lots of QTE and scripted stuff.
Over the time of the series the combat in God of War may have gotten repetitive I'll give you that, but it's not by any means shallow.
You have a bunch of different weapons all with completely different advantages and disadvantages, a strong leveling system, and a wide range of different combos for each weapon.
Shallow combat would be what we saw with Ryse.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Over the time of the series the combat in God of War may have gotten repetitive I'll give you that, but it's not by any means shallow.
You have a bunch of different weapons all with completely different advantages and disadvantages, a strong leveling system, and a wide range of different combos for each weapon.
Shallow combat would be what we saw with Ryse.
I'm talking about what's been shown in GOW 4.

Looks like Ryse

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Yall not gone like the comparison cause all the time you spent shytting on Ryse, but the combat in what was shown in this demo looks similar.

Highly scripted sequences, simple dodges and attacks that lead to a QTE kill.

Same shyt.

We see the bolded in almost EVERY game! And if I remember correctly GOW ALWAYS had QTE and some highly scripted sequences. GOW is nothing like Ryse, because Ryse like almost all Crytek games are just all looks, but terrible gameplay. We did not see this with GOW.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
We see the bolded in almost EVERY game! And if I remember correctly GOW ALWAYS had QTE and some highly scripted sequences. GOW is nothing like Ryse, because Ryse like almost all Crytek games are just all looks, but terrible gameplay. We did not see this with GOW.
What they showed here is not similar to traditional GOW gameplay.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And how does that conclude the gameplay is similar to Ryse??
I just explained it to you.:francis:

Close over the shoulder viewpoint.

Simple dodge/attack combat flow.

QTE finishers.

They are taking hack n slash gameplay and putting it in a cinematic uncharted like experince or flow of the game. Same thing Ryse did.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I just explained it to you.:francis:

Close over the shoulder viewpoint.

Simple dodge/attack combat flow.

QTE finishers.

They are taking hack n slash gameplay and putting it in a cinematic uncharted like experince or flow of the game. Same thing Ryse did.

I like I said ALMOST ALL games have that!:what:

Especially with close over shoulder viewpoint.... So you're telling me RE4 is ripping off of Ryse?