Kratos a old ass man now. He not the smooth criminal he once was
tumblr_n3874dU1U81tv3ydwo2_250.gif

:mjcry:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Mythological doesn't absolutely have to involve gods though, and I don't see how a different set of gods can coexist within the same story.
We already saw him fight a giant beast of some sort in the video.
The came could easily be just that. Different types of beasts and some sort of clan/tribe leader.
The point is there are options outside of him having to kill a god every single level.

Naw. Rebooting the gameplay is one thing. Downsizing the scale of the series is another. Ain't no way we gonna go from killing zeus to fighting d level creatures all game. Espcially when this new mytho contains gods such as Thor Loki Hella and Odin

Also I don't know why everyone is believing the kid is Kratos son. Yes the kid called him father but Kratos never called the boy "son" Didn't even refer to him by name. Only called him "Boy" and referred to his mom as "Your mother"

And then the ending as well where he hesitated to hold him. This is probably the kid from whoever saved Kratos from GoW 3 and he feels like he needs to protect the kid out of respect for his mom who saved him.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Mythological doesn't absolutely have to involve gods though, and I don't see how a different set of gods can coexist within the same story.
We already saw him fight a giant beast of some sort in the video.
The came could easily be just that. Different types of beasts and some sort of clan/tribe leader.
The point is there are options outside of him having to kill a god every single level.

Nah look at Ascension. GOW aint as fun or epic without the end game of dethroning the gods

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
E3 2016: GOD OF WAR MADE ME CARE ABOUT THE SERIES FOR THE FIRST TIME
Share.
By adding depth and humanity to Kratos, Sony has made me care about God of War.
BY MARTY SLIVA "Kratos believes that being a god is a disease, and that rage is a side effect of that disease, and he’s terrified that he’s passed it on to his son.”

This was a sentence I didn’t expect to hear about God of War 24 hours ago. But after its stunning reveal at Sony’s E3 2016 conference, I got a chance to see an extended version of that demo, and speak with Cory Barlog, the game’s creative director. After seven games set in Greece, seven games that told the story of a character who felt one-dimensional in his rage, and seven games that caused me to become apathetic towards the series, I am fully on-board for this new God of War.

neon_0001_large.jpg

God of War - PS4 Announcement Trailer - E3 2016
09:47

I've always appreciated the combat and spectacle of the God of War games. The core trilogy remains some of the most influential action games of the past 15 years. But despite this, I've never been able to connect with the series, and I think that's because of Kratos himself. One of my biggest qualms with the prior GoW games is that Kratos himself just didn’t have the depth I wanted in a character. But that’s changing now.

We’ve already told the story of The Hulk. We want to tell the story of Banner now.

"We’ve already told the story of The Hulk. We want to tell the story of Banner now,” Barlog told me after I watched the demo, and honestly, that sentence has me so incredibly excited for this game. I love the idea of a post-Last of Us Kratos who still retains his core tenets and traits, but suddenly has to deal wit the fact that he now has his own flesh-and-blood beside him at all times. Kratos has always been a character who’s made the wrong choices, and had to pay for the consequences of those mistakes. “What if he got a chance to do things differently?” Barlog told me. "To try to do things better?”

As we saw from the demo, the bond between Kratos and his son is at the heart of God of War. This is key throughout every moment of the game When his son gets nervous and misses a shot that should’ve killed a buck, Kratos begins to yell at him. Suddenly, a rage meter — generally used as a combat mechanic — appeared in the corner and began to rise and Kratos scolded the boy. But as the boy apologized and the God of War realized that he was overreacting, the rage meter subsided. This sort of subtle, contemplative detail was unexpected, but wholly appreciated.

2704682829328e9c64a2bo-1465876092206_large.jpg

God of War Reactions - IGN Live: E3 2016
04:03

While you assume complete control of Kratos, you also passively control his son throughout the entire game, and both characters grow and evolve. There’s a single button dedicated to your son, and its use depends on the context. He becomes an active participant in combat, traversal, exploration, and puzzle-solving. In this, the game is about passing knowledge onto your child. At the beginning of your journey, you teach a reluctant child how to fire a bow and hunt. As you progress through the game, that becomes second-nature to the boy, and it’s clear that your knowledge has been passed on.

We need to tear it completely down and look at it from completely fresh eyes.

This bond isn’t the only new, surprising element of God of War. The entire game is presented as a single, uninterrupted shot. Once you’re in, you’re in. No load screens, no cinematics, no fades to black. Kratos and his son’s journey across the world of Norse mythology -- which takes place an undisclosed amount of time past God of War III -- will be told in a wholly singular, and honestly unique manner.

Barlog explained, “There's a public perception that God of War is like your dad's muscle car. Not something I want to drive, but something he'd want to work on.” What might’ve worked back on the PS2 in terms of mechanics, characters, and storytelling simply don’t work in 2016. I love the idea that Barlog, who has been with the series since the start, and served as creative director on God of War II, isn’t afraid to flip the table over. “We need to tear it completely down and look at it from completely fresh eyes,” he said to me. This motto isn't just in the story and characters, but in the mechanics and progression as well.

neonvid_cdc8b77e7d2617fc8db0098463a724c6.jpg

God of War E3 2016 Trailer - Rewind Theater
08:12

"This game is about Kratos teaching his son how to be a god, and the kid teaching Kratos how to be human again.

Right from the get-go, it was apparent that this was a very different God of War game. We now view the world from behind Kratos’ shoulders, with the previously-static camera now being controlled using the right stick. This part is important, because the world is rife with hidden paths, secret nooks, and collectables hidden all over the place. During my extended demo, we wandered off the beaten path and discovered a number of crafting resources, pieces of armor, and idols. God of War will feature larger, much more in-depth RPG systems, something Sony will discuss further down the road.

While the E3 demo was a quieter, more character-driven look at the game, Barlog assured me that the series isn’t shrugging off its bombastic, cinematic roots. The reason they didn’t focus the E3 demo on a huge, spectacle-filled set piece is that it's a given that the game will have those. Barlog and Sony Santa Monica have mastered those moments, so with this demo, they wanted to surprise fans and non-fans of the series with the unexpected.

"This game is about Kratos teaching his son how to be a god, and his son teaching Kratos how to be human again.” That’s not a sentence I expected to hear about God of War 24 hours ago, but here we are, and I couldn’t be happier about it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06...he-first-time?abthid=5760873dad0cc3bc5f000022

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i dunno brehs :patrice: not every thing needs to be this deep journey about 2 souls coming together.

we'll see. I think they wouldve been better off biting Bloodbourne/DarkSouls
not everything needs to bite Bloodborne/Souls either. God of War isn't about timing and stamina while dying immediately after a mistake. That type of gameplay would completely slow down God of war to a halt.

Those games are a far cry from bombastic and God of War like. These elements described merely sound like, from what I read of the last part "additional" things in the game and bombastic, over the top bloodbath is still here.

While the E3 demo was a quieter, more character-driven look at the game, Barlog assured me that the series isn’t shrugging off its bombastic, cinematic roots. The reason they didn’t focus the E3 demo on a huge, spectacle-filled set piece is that it's a given that the game will have those.
:blessed:

Last edited:

larsattack

All Star
Daps
Were the words the Troll used intelligible? The only thing I understood was "Valhalla". Perhaps Kratos is going their to get "the boy's" mother back.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Another Square-Square-Triangle God of War game would've been :snooze:

Give me a new direction because six God of War games with the exact same formula is boring.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
God of War has RPG systems, no load screens

The entire game is a single shot.

An IGN preview offers new details on Sony’s newly announced God of War for PlayStation 4.

While you’ll assume complete control of Kratos throughout the entire game, you’ll also be able to passively control his son, and both characters will grow and evolve. There is a single button dedicated to Kratos’ son, which changes depending on the context. His son will become an active participant in combat, traversal, exploration, and puzzle-solving as Kratos passes on his knowledge to his child. In the E3 demo, we saw Kratos teach his son how to fire a bow and hunt, which becomes second nature to him as you progress through the game.

The new God of War will also be presented as a single, uninterrupted shot. There won’t be any load screens, cinematics, or fades to black. The story will be told in a wholly singular matter.

As for the camera view, unlike previous God of War games, the new God of War shows the world from Kratos’ shoulders. The previously static camera is now controlled using the right stick.

The world of God of War is full of hidden paths, secret nooks, and collectibles to find. During the demo seen by IGN, Kratos wandered off the standard path to find a number of crafting resources, armors, and idols. That said, God of War has larger and more in-depth RPG systems, which will be discussed further down the road.

While the demo shown on stage was a more character-driven look at the game, the bombastic moments of previous games will still be present. Sony chose not to focus on that during the E3 demo because it’s a given that they’ll be present, and they wanted to surprise users with something unexpected.

“This game is about Kratos teaching his son how to be a god, and his son teaching Kratos how to be human again,” director Cory Barlog said.

God of War is in development for PlayStation 4.

Read more at God of War has RPG systems, no load screens - Gematsu