Global IT outages due to Crowdstrike got the whole world shook up (The FAA has grounded flights from Delta, United and AA)

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
These companies need to build up their QA teams.

From personal experience I know the people who do the software engineering work hate doing QA.

It's very close most software engineers just want to build and ship, cut corners and all.

It's just dumb thinking Unit and Integration tests will give you the same coverage a QA team can give. This is coming from someone who's built entire testing frameworks for companies.
Was having this conversation with a coworker. It's like asking a writer to edit their own work. They will naturally miss some things because of a lack of objectivity. Plus with the emphasis on an agile methodology, the focus is being pushed to build and release faster while actual testing is falling by the wayside.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Was having this conversation with a coworker. It's like asking a writer to edit their own work. They will naturally miss some things because of a lack of objectivity. Plus with the emphasis on an agile methodology, the focus is being pushed to build and release faster while actual testing is falling by the wayside.
Yup that's facts.

It's definitely like this video I saw earlier:

I used to really hate QA because I'm sure like other people we all hate having tickets getting re-opened and somebody pointing out places it's not working. However, I realized really good QA will save you so much time and stress later on, especially when you got your own Testing Suite. Two testing suites (one of engineering and one from QA) bolstered by a tester actively trying a whole bunch of edge cases to break something and making sure regressions don't show up is basically A1.

QA to me is like an extension of the internal tooling team. QA and engineering teams should work as close as possible imo because they basically both have the same game, sending out a foolproof piece of software. Still have the QA team and the engineering team doing their own thing, but definitely have them work and communicate with each other. I like to get them involved, ask them questions, etc. because QA knows the product more than some of the product team does. QA that knows how to sit between Product and Engineering are game changers.

Last edited:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
24 hours ago if you didn't work in IT or cybersecurity you probably had no idea who crowd strike even was

Now you know that if they fukk up it can render an entire countries infrastructure useless.

I'm watching a youtube video of a dude explaining how they lost around 10 billion dollars in an hour

The world we live in is WILD

My mother in law texting me all types of questions about crowd strike

This bytch is retired, don't get out of bed until noon, and might not even put shoes on until Thursday, but now she out here wanting to have a conversation about "endpoint security" cause she been watching videos about it on youtube :dead:
It’s crazy lol
I know about Crowdstrike because we invested in Arctic wolf last year at my old job . Netskope too

Last edited:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is some Ghost In The Shell cyberpunk era shyt we're in now

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
:blessed: Flight on time

:blessed: Got through bag drop-off and security in like 3 minutes

Flying Southwest tho, they still running antiquated operating systems. shyt is like a movie where humans go to war with AI