Global IT outages due to Crowdstrike got the whole world shook up (The FAA has grounded flights from Delta, United and AA)

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
24 hours ago if you didn't work in IT or cybersecurity you probably had no idea who crowd strike even was

Now you know that if they fukk up it can render an entire countries infrastructure useless.

I'm watching a youtube video of a dude explaining how they lost around 10 billion dollars in an hour

The world we live in is WILD

My mother in law texting me all types of questions about crowd strike

This bytch is retired, don't get out of bed until noon, and might not even put shoes on until Thursday, but now she out here wanting to have a conversation about "endpoint security" cause she been watching videos about it on youtube :dead:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
These companies need to build up their QA teams.

From personal experience I know the people who do the software engineering work hate doing QA.

It's very close most software engineers just want to build and ship, cut corners and all.

It's just dumb thinking Unit and Integration tests will give you the same coverage a QA team can give. This is coming from someone who's built entire testing frameworks for companies.

Last edited:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
It'd be nice (but maybe not possible) for systems to revert back to the previous version of a software if a faulty update is pushed out.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These companies need to build up their QA teams.

From personal experience I know the people who do the software engineering work hate doing QA.

It's very close most software engineers just want to build and ship, cut corners and all.
The turnover rate at Crowdstrike is really high. I seriously doubt they do much testing or QA. For years there has been problems with updates and support. They just laid off a ton of people last year.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
24 hours ago if you didn't work in IT or cybersecurity you probably had no idea who crowd strike even was

Now you know that if they fukk up it can render an entire countries infrastructure useless.

I'm watching a youtube video of a dude explaining how they lost around 10 billion dollars in an hour

The world we live in is WILD

My mother in law texting me all types of questions about crowd strike

This bytch is retired, don't get out of bed until noon, and might not even put shoes on until Thursday, but now she out here wanting to have a conversation about "endpoint security" cause she been watching videos about it on youtube :dead:
:picard: tell us how you really feel breh