Global IT outages due to Crowdstrike got the whole world shook up (The FAA has grounded flights from Delta, United and AA)

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
hoblos-uhhh.gif

Brother, Why so many layovers?
I didn’t plan the layovers, it happened due to all the issues from yesterday. Even though Southwest’s systems weren’t affected, it still made delays for everyone collectively. My first flight was so behind, that I missed my connection and that was the only flight plan they could give me to get to NYC last night.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Yup this ended up being a nightmare for me. Had to work on a Saturday and OT on Friday. Its one thing if the fix/situation was interesting but its essentially for non-IT folks going to a folder, right clicking a specific file and hitting delete. Obviously there is more to it with that many systems there are a bunch of annoying as fukk variables and ultimately you need to physically touch each machine. fukking annoying.
Very simple

You could write a script to just delete that file but you have to safemode into everything… thats where the issue lies

They fukked up

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Nah fukk that, this is when our values really shine. Teams would be on gridlock if not for IT teams solving issues. Problem is it works like pandemic healthcare workers. Heroes while the shyt is up in the air, "cost center" when it is fixed.:francis:Gotta add a little flame to the smoke every now and then for folks to act right.

I knew a guy who managed the complex software that used to run out production systems. He who would shut down the assembly line every now and then so people would appreciate him.

I’d be in his office and he’d go “Watch this.” :youngsabo:

Then the ops manager would run in his office panicked and he’d go fix it. They looked at him like a hero each time. :dead:

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
I knew a guy who managed the complex software that used to run out production systems. He who would shut down the assembly line every now and then so people would appreciate him.

Then the ops manager would run in his office panicked and he’d go fix it. They looked at him like a hero each time. :dead:
col werl :wow:

Daps

this can't be 6 certs life :huhldup:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They won't be able to hide behind that TOS this time. If the Government doesn't start regulating these crooked tech companies. They'll send us all back to the stone ages eventually.
:mjlol:

CrowdStrike's terms and conditions say most customers would just get a refund due to the massive outage, cybersecurity lawyer says​

• CrowdStrike's terms cap liability to fees paid, limiting compensation for affected companies.
  • Unless you're a big company that negotiated other terms, you probably need to deal with cyber insurance.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Delta Cancels More Flights as It Struggles to Recover From Tech Outage​

Was at DTW yesterday and flight got cancelled, they needed 2 Flight Attendants, but their system is so jacked up from scheduling, it's causing a ripple effect to other flights. The plane was there too. :francis: Saw a Phoenix and Denver flight get cancelled also.

Avoid DTW and ATL brehs, Delta is still getting hit the worst, but this is becoming their fault because they are slow to get back to normal. Looks like United and American are back to normal operations.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was at DTW yesterday and flight got cancelled, they needed 2 Flight Attendants, but their system is so jacked up from scheduling, it's causing a ripple effect to other flights. The plane was there too. :francis: Saw a Phoenix and Denver flight get cancelled also.

Avoid DTW and ATL brehs, Delta is still getting hit the worst, but this is becoming their fault because they are slow to get back to normal. Looks like United and American are back to normal operations.
Another reason why I won't fly Delta again.