Global IT outages due to Crowdstrike got the whole world shook up (The FAA has grounded flights from Delta, United and AA)

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
These companies need to build up their QA teams.

From personal experience I know the people who do the software engineering work hate doing QA.

It's very close most software engineers just want to build and ship, cut corners and all.

It's just dumb thinking Unit and Integration tests will give you the same coverage a QA team can give. This is coming from someone who's built entire testing frameworks for companies.
are yall 100% sure it wasn't a cyberattack? it's not like they'd be willing to admit that to the public, just seems bizzare that they sent it out to everyone at the same time instead of spread out over a few days/weeks so they could catch something like this

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
are yall 100% sure it wasn't a cyberattack? it's not like they'd be willing to admit that to the public, just seems bizzare that they sent it out to everyone at the same time instead of spread out over a few days/weeks so they could catch something like this
Crowdstrike routinely releases bad updates and shoddy code. They did something similar to Linux hosts in April. Being the market leader they constantly get passes by everyone. Not to mention their tech support is abysmal.

On April 19, CrowdStrike released an update to customers running their Linux product that similarly crashed their systems. The April bug, which appears to be unrelated to today's, took the CrowdStrike team nearly five days to fix.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

I'm shocked there was no fast way to go to backups in case of a bad code update in the first place usually windows have that option :wtf: OR use another operating system as backup in case the main one goes down like a partition or something... just a clusterfukk...:snoop:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Crowdstrike routinely releases bad updates and shoddy code. They did something similar to Linux hosts in April. Being the market leader they constantly get passes by everyone. Not to mention their tech support is abysmal.

On April 19, CrowdStrike released an update to customers running their Linux product that similarly crashed their systems. The April bug, which appears to be unrelated to today's, took the CrowdStrike team nearly five days to fix.
gotcha

just seems like fishy timing considering damn near every corner of the world is engaged in maxium fukkery right now

my inner tinfoil hat just looked at all of this like a test run for an attack way way down the line once everyone's forgotten

im definitely bringing back the shoebox money now tho :whew: don't wanna risk banks getting clapped somehow later in life

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
gotcha

just seems like fishy timing considering damn near every corner of the world is engaged in maxium fukkery right now

my inner tinfoil hat just looked at all of this like a test run for an attack way way down the line once everyone's forgotten

im definitely bringing back the shoebox money now tho :whew: don't wanna risk banks getting clapped somehow later in life
Been watching too many movies. There isn't any need to do a test run. We are so behind when it comes to cyber defense that it's not if you get compromised, it's when you get compromised how to you make sure only minimal damage is done.

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
These companies need to build up their QA teams.

From personal experience I know the people who do the software engineering work hate doing QA.

It's very close most software engineers just want to build and ship, cut corners and all.

It's just dumb thinking Unit and Integration tests will give you the same coverage a QA team can give. This is coming from someone who's built entire testing frameworks for companies.

Lol companies been laying off QA. We don't have a QA team. We have to spend hours of dev hours QAing it our selves before a sign-off release.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Been watching too many movies. There isn't any need to do a test run. We are so behind when it comes to cyber defense that it's not if you get compromised, it's when you get compromised how to you make sure only minimal damage is done.
How you say I've been watching too many movies then double down on what I'm worried about :dead: I hate movies btw

I'm moreso talking about world infrastructure not my personal shyt, I'm Gucci besides the bank stuff

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Lol companies been laying off QA. We don't have a QA team. We have to spend hours of dev hours QAing it our selves before a sign-off release.
I was in the same boat, I personally really appreciate having a QA team now. I hated QA'ing that shyt.

So much time I can just chill now. Thorough QA with a great Integration and Unit test framework is just basically a lot of downtime and a solid release with so much less maintenance.

Detailed defect report with all the edge cases they've found, or spoke with customers about thoroughly, listing all the ways they've blown it up just means I don't have to worry about finding that stuff. I don't think I can work any place without a QA team now.

Last edited:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
How you say I've been watching too many movies then double down on what I'm worried about :dead: I hate movies btw

I'm moreso talking about world infrastructure not my personal shyt, I'm Gucci besides the bank stuff
Then you been watching too many tv shows. This wasn't a cyber attack, though I would classify it as a cyber incident and be holding Crowdstrike as accountable as I could if I was impacted by this. I'm honestly surprised this doesn't happen more often with the lack of QA.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yeah basically this:

That being said, a weak ass infrastructure like that with brittle code and zero QA absolutely leaves you more susceptible to attacks. It's two sides to the same coin basically.

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
I was in the same boat, I personally really appreciate having a QA team now. I hated QA'ing that shyt.

So much time I can just chill now. Thorough QA with a great Integration and Unit test framework is just basically a lot of downtime and a solid release with so much less maintenance.

Detailed defect report with all the edge cases they've found, or spoke with customers about thoroughly, listing all the ways they've blown it up just means I don't have to worry about finding that stuff. I don't think I can work any place without a QA team now.
:pachaha:no QA and Unit test coverage is pretty low, not the worst I've seen though.

This a fortune 100 company too. And what's crazy they said our team are the best tech at the company. Couldn't imagine the state of the other tech teams.