"Girls Trip" (Official Thread)

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
That movie sucked too. That's a movie you put on for little kids at summer camp when you can't find the Alladin limited edition VHS. :scust:
Bridesmaids was NOT funny...except for the food poisoning scene

But the lady wants to see girls trip this weekend so I'll see whats good

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
I wonder did any woman wench it up on the trip? Asking for a friend. :mjpls:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
only time women are funny is when you say something messed up to them and they get emotional. They ain't funny :ehh:
Nah

Normally women aren't that funny to me especially when they try too hard, be too loud/ratchet, every joke is about being a woman, etc., but every chick in this movie is legit funny.

Tiffany Haddish is actually really funny though and that's mainly just how she is. No joke, I don't think she be lying or acting in most of the shyt she's says and her in her standups.

Im gonna check it out though. Seems funnier

mr x

Superstar
Daps
I will say this, based off the first week success of this film anything less than $100MM for Black Panther is a flop

1st week or cumulative?

100m is very low cumulative..so yea that would be a flop

100m first week is high so that would be tremendous

Daps
1st week or cumulative?

100m is very low cumulative..so yea that would be a flop

100m first week is high so that would be tremendous
First week. If an R-Rated black female comedy can get $30MM of support from a predominantly black female adult audience, it shouldn't be too much to expect a PG-13 superhero family film to get more than 3x that amount when the # of available viewers likely more than doubles

mr x

Superstar
Daps
First week. If an R-Rated black female comedy can get $30MM of support from a predominantly black female adult audience, it shouldn't be too much to expect a PG-13 superhero family film to get more than 3x that amount when the # of available viewers likely more than doubles

Hmm. I see.

When comparing it to mcu and dceu films, I wouldn't call sub 100 a flop. Let's say it does 80-85 like Dr. Strange...that's a flop?

Would be great to see though.

5 and a half months left. :wow:

Daps
Hmm. I see.

When comparing it to mcu and dceu films, I wouldn't call sub 100 a flop. Let's say it does 80-85 like Dr. Strange...that's a flop?

Would be great to see though.

5 and a half months left. :wow:
Technically it wouldn't be a flop with those numbers, but with a budget likely bigger than Strange and this film having much more buzz than Strange, anything less than $100MM is a flop imo.