"Girls Trip" (Official Thread)

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
This was so much fun! An instant classic in my book. People were laughing so hard, we missed jokes. So I'm definitely gonna have to see it again. I think the industry has been hurting for a comedy like this in the last few years. Everyone was so good in their roles, and while there were some predictable moments, they were executed very well. Just a really good time, highly recommend.

9/10 for the genre.
I felt like I was really on the trip with them :russ:

Loved how they basically went out each night and partied lol

And yeah...we were laughing so hard we missed jokes and shyt.

Tiffany killed it :lawd:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This isn't the first time Hollywood has banked on black films. The blaxpoitation era is what saved Hollywood studios from financial ruin in the late 60s and thru the 70s. Then in the late 80s and early 90s u had black films coming out again.

The only difference is now they have a little more pressure on them to put out films with diversity.

Bingo on everything you said.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black women came out and supported the hell out of this movie. I went to the movies twice this weekend and there were large groups of black women coming to see this.

I even saw a group of about 20 sorority sisters (all age groups) taking pics outside the movie theater.

This might be the first successful female "Hang Over" movie. I didn't think there was a market for raunchy women comedies, but I guess I was wrong.

I bought a ticket to support, but went and watched Durnkirk.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This isn't the first time Hollywood has banked on black films. The blaxpoitation era is what saved Hollywood studios from financial ruin in the late 60s and thru the 70s. Then in the late 80s and early 90s u had black films coming out again.

The only difference is now they have a little more pressure on them to put out films with diversity.
excellent post