"Girls Trip" (Official Thread)

Ria_21

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Yorkshire
Can't wait to watch this i've been hearing really great things about it. I love all the ladies in this film too :blessed: Regina hall :wow:

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I didn't watch this but I'm glad it blew that scar jo movie out the box office. I keep telling people that their are atleast 5 cac actors and actresses that are shoved down our throats and they honestly suck at acting and if they not putting on a superhero outfit they suck at the box office.

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Cause these studios can only take on so many hits financially with white-washed flops before they fold. Something gotta give.

This isn't the first time Hollywood has banked on black films. The blaxpoitation era is what saved Hollywood studios from financial ruin in the late 60s and thru the 70s. Then in the late 80s and early 90s u had black films coming out again.

The only difference is now they have a little more pressure on them to put out films with diversity.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The preview looked horrific and demeaning, but the reviews have been positive, may have to see it.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This was so much fun! An instant classic in my book. People were laughing so hard, we missed jokes. So I'm definitely gonna have to see it again. I think the industry has been hurting for a comedy like this in the last few years. Everyone was so good in their roles, and while there were some predictable moments, they were executed very well. Just a really good time, highly recommend.

9/10 for the genre.