"Girls Trip" (Official Thread)

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
That woman Tiffany Haddish is going to be major, I'd think. Looks good too. That story was funny, the Kimmel one.

I wouldn't really call this a hilarious comedy, but it's enjoyable and fun, and everyone was having a good time. I see Larenz Tate looking like he got his act together for the movie, man looked 10 years younger. The classic kindhearted college unrequitted love, who is now a smooth, talented, deep R&B singer, successful but following his passion, lol I haven't seen Larenz Tate do the Michael Ealy role, but it worked. Good for him.

These kind of movies hit the same points, and they have a predictable, and timely flow. The old grudge unresolved, the showdown towards the end where old problems are revealed, the Mom who gets her groove back, the hoe, the dance scene, the sex scene, the big speech at the end, the confession, the redemption, and the old romance rekindled, (one of the movies strongest points) It's like comfort food, reminded me a lot of "Almost Christmas" from last year. This movie worked well, and everyone looked good (lot of Louboutin placements), as always in these movies, I would have kept it a little more reasonable and grounded, more along the lines of "The Wood", and cut the drugged out scenes, and tone it all down a little. I often feel a little weary of all the wildly wealthy people and lifestyles displayed, as if Hollywood has forgotten (how could that happen) that there are many among us for whom paparazzi and multi million dollar deals are not life issues.

The scene on the wire across Bourbon Street, I didn't really care for, but people love that kind of gross out gag, so I know why they always include them. Love the Mase and Puff scenes, you fee your age when a movie with 40 year old plus women features songs like "Feel So Good", that still don't feel as old as they are, (20 years) to you. Also, "Bling Bling", had me acting like I never heard the song, and it's not on my phone right now. Funny that effect of hearing music you love and grew up on out of context.

*Regina Hall, looked and acted amazingly.

*Whoever played the bulked up football husband was very good in a very pat role, with his manipulative speeches and con man tactics, his scenes were above the par. "Stuart 'can't have it all' without Ryan. :deadmanny: shut up man

Last edited:

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
That woman Tiffany Haddish is going to be major, I'd think. Looks good too. That story was funny, the Kimmel one.

I wouldn't really call this a hilarious comedy, but it's enjoyable and fun, and everyone was having a good time. I see Larenz Tate looking like he got his act together for the movie, man looked 10 years younger.

These kind of movies hit the same points, and they have a predictable, and timely flow. The old grudge unresolved, the showdown towards the end where old problems are revealed, the Mom who gets her groove back, the hoe, the dance scene, the sex scene, the big speech at the end, the confession, the redemption, and the old romance rekindled, (one of the movies strongest points) It's like comfort food, reminded me a lot of "Almost Christmas" from last year. This movie worked well, and everyone looked good (lot of Louboutin placements), as always in these movies, I would have kept it a little more reasonable and grounded, more along the lines of "The Wood", and cut the drugged out scenes, and tone it all down a little. I often feel a little weary of all the wildly wealthy people and lifestyles displayed, as if Hollywood has forgotten (how could that happen) that there are many among us for whom paparazzi and multi million dollar deals are not life issues.

The scene on the wire across Bourbon Street, I didn't really care for, but people love that kind of gross out gag, so I know why they always include them. Love the Mase and Puff scenes, you fee your age when a movie with 40 year old plus women features songs like "Feel So Good", that still don't feel as old as they are, (20 years) to you.

*Whoever played the bulked up football husband was very good in a very pat role, with his manipulative speeches and con man tactics, his scenes were above the par. "Stuart 'can't have it all' without Ryan.

The acid trip was insane tho lol Had Queen talkin to a fukkin lamp lmao And when she made it across and dude held her imagine him lookin at the other crew like Ahh you guys wanna help me out here? Mayday mayday lol

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I wouldn't really call this a hilarious comedy, but it's enjoyable and fun, and everyone was having a good time. I see Larenz Tate looking like he got his act together for the movie, man looked 10 years younger. The classic kindhearted college unrequitted love, who is now a smooth, talented, deep R&B singer, successful but following his passion, lol I haven't seen Larenz Tate do the Michael Ealy role, but it worked. Good for him.

The scene on the wire across Bourbon Street, I didn't really care for, but people love that kind of gross out gag, so I know why they always include them. Love the Mase and Puff scenes, you fee your age when a movie with 40 year old plus women features songs like "Feel So Good", that still don't feel as old as they are, (20 years) to you.

*Regina Hall, looked and acted amazingly.

*Whoever played the bulked up football husband was very good in a very pat role, with his manipulative speeches and con man tactics, his scenes were above the par. "Stuart 'can't have it all' without Ryan. :deadmanny: shut up man
That's Luke Cage. Simone (the girl he cheated on Ryan with) is also from that show.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Looks like Tiffany's star is on the rise:

:gucci: They literally talk about getting dikk the whole trip, and all of the subplots revolve around men. GTFO. Is the Hangover male gay garbage?

Took this chick last night just to support Tiff after watching these vids