Girls taking forever to text back

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Had a guy text me at 8am. 8am! When I didn't reply by ten, he said he didn't have time for games. Dude! Wtf! Can I have coffe? Can I check my email and wash my ass? The stress and amount of butthurt over a 3 hour delay was a big red flag. So many assumptions coming from him annd he didn't even know me yet! Like that's crazy. And we're the emotional ones?:skip:
Facts. Getting to know each other needs a little room to breathe

Lady.Libra.

~balance~
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
VII
I didn't get to see the OP...& don't want to read 11 pgs!

Was it a chic you just met?
Did you call her? Or just started with the texting?

Most women don't want a stranger penpal when she gives you her #. The call button is right there. Or to be in a mass text (that you don't think she knows about) -
Hey
WYD?
Good morning, Beautiful.
Good night, Beautiful.
Call me
Can I come over? (After just meeting 4 hours ago)

I do think it's childish to ignore your text instead of telling you her communication preference. BUT, I admit it's easier to ignore a man who should know better.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Had a guy text me at 8am. 8am! When I didn't reply by ten, he said he didn't have time for games. Dude! Wtf! Can I have coffee? Can I check my email and wash my ass? The stress and amount of butthurt over a 2 hour delay was a big red flag. So many assumptions coming from him annd he didn't even know me yet! Like that's crazy. And we're the emotional ones?:skip:

That's different.. that guy sounds way too emotional about someone he doesn't barely know so I agree with you :mjlol:

The problem I think for most people is that this shyt shouldn't be playing out in text the begin with. People should be talking a little more on the phone and in truth they should be meeting up and seeing one another in person.. that's the only way to get to know someone. Text should only be used for setting up a time and place.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Had a guy text me at 8am. 8am! When I didn't reply by ten, he said he didn't have time for games. Dude! Wtf! Can I have coffee? Can I check my email and wash my ass? The stress and amount of butthurt over a 2 hour delay was a big red flag. So many assumptions coming from him annd he didn't even know me yet! Like that's crazy. And we're the emotional ones?:skip:
:mjlol: If you’re celebrity crush would have text you at 8am you would’ve text back quick, fast, and in a hurry.
Everyone has that one person that they will go the distance for

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The last guy I seriously dated told me when we were getting to know each other that I didn't reply back to text frequently. I told him I would do better so I started to reply back faster because he asked me to. It didn't mean I didn't like him. It just wasn't my habit.

My point is not everyone moves the same. I have had whole relationships that didn't start will mad texting back and forth.

Ya'll gotta ease up and stop taking everything so personally.

My point was more about the excuses. If you are up front to someone and are like look I don't text then they have nobody to blame but themselves waiting on that text. But if a chick is texting frequently and then switches up and then comes out with "sorry, was busy" or "was sleeping" after 48 hours that's where it's time for mans to be like nah... and step away..

Lady.Libra.

~balance~
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
VII
Texting is for -

-I'm thinking about you.
-I'm going to be 10 minutes late.
-I'm at Publix, do you need anything?
-I have to cancel our lunch date. I'll call you soon to reschedule.
-Etc

Not getting to know someone and having whole conversations. No way.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Texting is for -
-I'm thinking about you
-I'm going to be 10 minutes late
-I'm at Publix, do you need anything?
-I have to cancel our lunch date. I'll call you soon to reschedule.
Not getting to know someone and having whole conversations. No way.

Agree but that's a lot of the bullshyt people on in 2020 and it's made dating a chore for some..

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
My point was more about the excuses. If you are up front to someone and are like look I don't text then they have nobody to blame but themselves waiting on that text. But if a chick is texting frequently and then switches up and then comes out with "sorry, was busy" or "was sleeping" after 48 hours that's where it's time for mans to be like nah... and step away..

I guess I just deal with people who have careers and things going on. I don't get offended if someone just falls off. It happens and they usually pop back up.

:yeshrug:

I just don't under the "if you don't do what I want in exactly the way i want in the time frame i want they i will cancel you all together" attitude. Just seems like a stressful way to date.

I am just a little more easy going with dating I guess. I don't feel you should chase people but deleting numbers and being in your feelings about it is unnecessary.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Ladies in this thread acting obtuse about what the OP is all about

Someone grilling you about a 2 hr delay in responding to a text is something many guys would agree is sus.

On the other hand, any guy is well advised to charge it to the game and move on if he can't get a text/call back within 24-48 hours. Just even a "hey I'm busy, let's talk later this week, I'll call/text you" will suffice. But nothing? In an era where almost everyone has a phone in their hand 24/7? Man, be blessed and build your roster and get off your one-itis :mjlol:

Canon

Veteran
Daps
My guy, I'm a woman. I guarantee you if you polled women in every dating app about the volume of men who only want to text and no have real convo and nothing to say but are too scared to meet, you'd be surprised. Think about the medium. A lot of people use dating apps because they struggle with convo. Text is a great barrier if you struggle with natural banter. Those dudes don't know how to get to the meetup part because they don't even know how to hold a convo. And then get mad when you don't text back right away. For what? It may not apply to you, but this is a serious phenomenon.
i believe this tho

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I guess I just deal with people who have careers and things going on. I don't get offended if someone just falls off. It happens and they usually pop back up.

I just don't under the "if you don't do what I want in exactly the way i want in the time frame i want they i will cancel you all together" attitude. Just seems like a stressful way to date.

I am just a little more easy going with dating I guess. I don't feel you should chase people but deleting numbers and being in your feelings about it is unnecessary.

It's simple.. the logic is that everyone has their phone on them and it takes two seconds to be like "hey, such and such nice to hear from u" whatever.. it speaks to a level of interest.

If the level of interest appears low.. then I can't knock someone for bein like Im out and on to the next. :manny:

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
It's simple.. the logic is that everyone has their phone on them and it takes two seconds to be like "hey, such and such nice to hear from u" whatever.. it speaks to a level of interest.

If the level of interest appears low.. then I can't knock someone for bein like Im out and on to the next. :manny:

The conversation is getting circular. I understand your point. You don't seem to understand mine but that's okay. I'll just leave it at that

Robo Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA

fukk you.