Ghost Of Tsushima sells 2.4m copies in 3 days

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
When I got my PS4, I rocked Infamous 2nd Son hard because it was actually fun.

So when I heard about a samurai game coming to PS4 in the later years. I got Nioh, got fukked up, didn't bother with Sekiro as I heard it wa almost as bad. This is the first approachable samurai game I played since Onimusha - and I loved that series.

I feel I'm going to 100% this game just from the fact it's an amazing story as I am interested in Japan, but the game play is challenging, but rewarding and not too hard.

Well done SuckerPunch and Playstation!

Last edited:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I'm not gon lie I wasn't expecting this game to be a hit. It seems like it did way better than I expected.

this.

and also the person that said sony was pissed about the leak and bad press.

the leak came around the time I was playing Sekiro, and I'm like wtf is this copycat bullshyt :camby:

turns out its not the same at all and more like HZD. :ohhh:

prolly download it in a couple of hours after I finish these beers.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good amount of the record TLOU 2 sales were preorders
Game is extremely divisive and bad word of mouth have caused sales to slow down significantly but who knows what the long term sales will be
That's why ND and Sony were extremely pissed when the leaks released because they were afraid it would influence people and affect sales
So it didn't really have an effect on GOT and combined w/ good word of mouth, love from influential youtube streamers, and people loving cool Japanese culture like samurai, and you have a recipe for success
The sequel is going to do numbers, especially if they add multiplayer

Link to sales slowing down significantly?

Daps
When I got my PS4, I rocked Infamous 2nd Son hard because it was actually fun.

So when I heard about a samurai game coming to PS4 in the later years. I got Nioh, got fukked up, didn't bother with Sekiro as I heard it wa almost as bad. This is the first approachable samurai game I played since Onimusha - and I lived that series.

I feel I'm going to 100% this game just from the fact it's an amazing story as I am interested in Japan, but the game play is challenging, but rewarding and not too hard.

Well done SuckerPunch and Playstation!

Still haven’t played 2nd son but I fukking loved infamous, might be my favorite ps3 game. Just loved the way sucker punch made you feel like you were a guy with super powers, and a great story.

Same goes with this, I feel like an actual samurai, and the gameplay is simple but rewarding, mastering these techniques and different things you can do actual make me feel skilled haha. Great game!

Daps
Link to sales slowing down significantly?
breh I already did this w/ another poster and posted sources in another thread a while back
since the first explosion w/ the millions sold, the sales dipped
bare in mind a lot of people had no idea what was going to happen in the story and a good amount of people might have never bought the game knowing its story
hence Sony's/ND's rage over the leaks
long term, it could still do relatively well but it will be interesting to see how well it does compared to the first game long term
the inevitable remastered version will boost sales but I can't imagine the people who hated Part 2's story wanting to relive the misery of this game's story
If they make a Part 3, I'm not looking forward to its story w/ Neil as writer and if
Ellie dies within the first two hours and we're faced to play as Abby for the rest of the game:mjlol:
Sounds ridiculous but I can't put anything past Neil now because its obvious he was trying to expand the franchise into three or more games w/ the introduction of Abby and Lev imo but it backfired
She's going to eat the wrong fruit while hunting and die or some shyt :mjlol:

Last edited:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
No it wouldn't, it would've been trash like every other assassin creed, sucker punch can actually make games

Interesting considering odyssey and this have the same score on MC and that’s pretty much cause it’s the same game pros and cons. But since it’s a Sony exclusive people will claim this is the greatest open world title ever

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Meanwhile:

Q0Pw81F.png

whats this abomination?

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
breh I already did this w/ another poster and posted sources in another thread a while back
since the first explosion w/ the millions sold, the sales dipped
bare in mind a lot of people had no idea what was going to happen in the story and a good amount of people might have never bought the game knowing its story
hence Sony's/ND's rage over the leaks
long term, it could still do relatively well but it will be interesting to see how well it does compared to the first game long term
the inevitable remastered version will boost sales but I can't imagine the people who hated Part 2's story wanting to relive the misery of this game's story
If they make a Part 3, I'm not looking forward to its story w/ Neil as writer and if
Ellie dies within the first two hours and we're faced to play as Abby for the rest of the game:mjlol:
Sounds ridiculous but I can't put anything past Neil now because its obvious he was trying to expand the franchise into three or more games w/ the introduction of Abby and Lev imo but it backfired
She's going to eat the wrong fruit while hunting and die or some shyt :mjlol:

huh :dahell:

Ellie doesn't die at all and you don't really play as Abby until mid through the game. I doubt we will see Abby and Lev again either