Ghost Of Tsushima sells 2.4m copies in 3 days

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Great to see :obama:

I know there was some worry with it releasing so close to TLOU2, but I've been hyped for this game since I first saw it and had a feeling it would do well. Sony closing out this generation with back to back hits :myman:. Also like the fact it's a new IP that is doing so well and their 1st party studios have the leeway to switch things up.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
6jZmVW0.gif

Daps
Great to see :obama:

I know there was some worry with it releasing so close to TLOU2, but I've been hyped for this game since I first saw it and had a feeling it would do well. Sony closing out this generation with back to back hits :myman:. Also like the fact it's a new IP that is doing so well and their 1st party studios have the leeway to switch things up.
Good amount of the record TLOU 2 sales were preorders
Game is extremely divisive and bad word of mouth has caused sales to slow down significantly but who knows what the long term sales will be
That's why ND and Sony were extremely pissed when the leaks released because they were afraid it would influence people and affect sales
So it didn't really have an effect on GOT and combined w/ good word of mouth, love from influential youtube streamers, and people loving cool Japanese culture like samurai, and you have a recipe for success
The sequel is going to do numbers, especially if they add multiplayer

Last edited: