Get Into Survivalism Brehs

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
If you're keeping it in the car you could build a whole INCH bag (I'm never coming home) as long as you can carry it a mile in the woods put as much shyt as you think you'll need in the bag.
Link me to an example if you could. My home bag is a 72 hour bag, but outside of food, I could be on my own for quite some time even in extreme weather as long as I had food and water.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I plan on building another bug out bag for my car.
Well it's a You thing the bag must be comfortable and your size but this is a good channel for general advice.

This is what I would use:

Or this:

I would get a bikini frame with non aluminum stays.

I could give a deep dive on packs but at the end of the day you want the best back FOR YOU

You want it as big and as comfortable as possible to give you the most options.

In fact you should keep some ten pocket pants like some Crye Field Pants and Shirt in the car to properly distribute a load should you have to leave your car.

These packs are insanly expensive but it's a buy it for life thing and you can send them back with no problem because at this level packs have to be sized for you and they make not work for you.

No matter what Pack you get it should be a Hunter's pack or a military one.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Well it's a You thing the bag must be comfortable and your size but this is a good channel for general advice.

This is what I would use:

Or this:

I would get a bikini frame with non aluminum stays.

I could give a deep dive on packs but at the end of the day you want the best back FOR YOU

You want it as big and as comfortable as possible to give you the most options.

In fact you should keep some ten pocket pants like some Crye Field Pants and Shirt in the car to properly distribute a load should you have to leave your car.

These packs are insanly expensive but it's a buy it for life thing and you can send them back with no problem because at this level packs have to be sized for you and they make not work for you.

No matter what Pack you get it should be a Hunter's pack or a military one.

Good shyt.

My home BOB is a 42L 5.11 Tactical and I completely purchase things that fit my skillset and need. I know 42L isn’t a true 72 hour bag, but I prefer some level of mobility, speed, hideability, and being able to grab and go. I've read good things about Mystery Ranch, and I think I almost copped that one.

I'm not a survivalist by any means, but I feel like having these BOB's gives me a fighting chance if some shyt were to hit the fan. Which honestly, I feel like we've been overdue as a society for. I'm willing to spend the bread to be prepared and have it for a long time, because it's not something I'm constantly maintaining or training for.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Good shyt.

My home BOB is a 42L 5.11 Tactical and I completely purchase things that fit my skillset and need. I know 42L isn’t a true 72 hour bag, but I prefer some level of mobility, speed, hideability, and being able to grab and go. I've read good things about Mystery Ranch, and I think I almost copped that one.

I'm not a survivalist by any means, but I feel like having these BOB's gives me a fighting chance if some shyt were to hit the fan. Which honestly, I feel like we've been overdue as a society for. I'm willing to spend the bread to be prepared and have it for a long time, because it's not something I'm constantly maintaining or training for.
Well you might not even need an INCH bag. It depends on your plans. If you have a decent network and live in the place where you were born and own some land and or it's in or near a rural area you can use small Bug out bags and use geo caching to hide larger preps.

The INCH bag works best if you live in a diaster prone area and don't live near people you grew up with.

Like you said you have to match your skillset hiding shyt and knowing Land nav will give you more supplies than anything you can carry on your back.

The other reason why you might want an INCH bag is if you live in a Temporate climate i.e a place where there's bad winters in that case you need a way to carry bulky clothes and blankets until you can get to wherever you hid your preps.

alll that being said don't be this guy (start at 2:47)

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I plan on building another bug out bag for my car.
I have a bug out box in my car, have most of the stuff I need to be good for up to 3 days. Similar at home but for a much longer time. Point is I don't have a a bag, my thought has always been well if I needed to bug out I could just grab stuff from my boxes and throw them in a bookbag and bounce, but more and more lately I don't know if that's the right strategy

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I have a bug out box in my car, have most of the stuff I need to be good for up to 3 days. Similar at home but for a much longer time. Point is I don't have a a bag, my thought has always been well if I needed to bug out I could just grab stuff from my boxes and throw them in a bookbag and bounce, but more and more lately I don't know if that's the right strategy
That is not the right strategy, In fact it's no strategy.

No one can plan for everything so Prep for a few scenarios.

Forget prepping for a moment what if there's a wild fire what would you grab if you think everything else would be destroyed?

You'd probably want a encyrpted flash drive with your important documents and family photos more than anything.

If a Hurricane came through and flattened everything maybe you'd want a couple days of food etc.

If you don't know how to build a fire and don't care then other than a Bic Lighter you should be good.

Hell you could just take a Glock and plan to take shyt from other people who planned better than you.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Well you might not even need an INCH bag. It depends on your plans. If you have a decent network and live in the place where you were born and own some land and or it's in or near a rural area you can use small Bug out bags and use geo caching to hide larger preps.

The INCH bag works best if you live in a diaster prone area and don't live near people you grew up with.

Like you said you have to match your skillset hiding shyt and knowing Land nav will give you more supplies than anything you can carry on your back.

The other reason why you might want an INCH bag is if you live in a Temporate climate i.e a place where there's bad winters in that case you need a way to carry bulky clothes and blankets until you can get to wherever you hid your preps.

alll that being said don't be this guy (start at 2:47)

I'm SOL as far as my network. I live in Chicago but I only moved here a few years ago. My plans kinda depend on the scenario. If I have to hunker down in place and have to deal with shytty Chicago weather, I'm fine. If I have to leave the city I have one plan. And I have another plan if I had to leave the country, more or less drive or trek north to Canada. I'd like to go east to DC or Philly to check on my folks, but I figure temperate urban areas would be a no-go if something nationally blew up.

Of all things, watching Last of Us made me realize I'm missing a few things, like a gas siphon so I'm building another bag for my car. I don't know the size I want to make this one yet, because ideally being able to have to take 2 bags if I have my girl with me would be great, but if I'm solo I can't carry 2 big ass bags and I'm also thinking my girl or most people couldn't carry a 30lb-35lb bag for 8-12 hours of walking everyday. So I'm trying to figure out the logistics/ergonomics of that...I may just completely duplicate my other bag and hope for the best

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I hear you, but I want to be able to grab and go. Like not even if some militia or some shyt took over the Government...but if there was a riot, a fire or some other natural disaster, hell another Carrington Event for instance... I don't want have to think about anything other than grab my bag and get to safety asap. Those few minutes of trying to gather and plan could cause you your life or someone else's life in your party. I want to be ready if I can't take my car.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That is not the right strategy, In fact it's no strategy.

No one can plan for everything so Prep for a few scenarios.

Forget prepping for a moment what if there's a wild fire what would you grab if you think everything else would be destroyed?

You'd probably want a encyrpted flash drive with your important documents and family photos more than anything.

If a Hurricane came through and flattened everything maybe you'd want a couple days of food etc.

If you don't know how to build a fire and don't care then other than a Bic Lighter you should be good.

Hell you could just take a Glock and plan to take shyt from other people who planned better than you.
I have preps for each scenario you just said, and more, like I said my current problem is all my stuff is in labeled totes, not a backpack.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I'm SOL as far as my network. I live in Chicago but I only moved here a few years ago. My plans kinda depend on the scenario. If I have to hunker down in place and have to deal with shytty Chicago weather, I'm fine. If I have to leave the city I have one plan. And I have another plan if I had to leave the country, more or less drive or trek north to Canada. I'd like to go east to DC or Philly to check on my folks, but I figure temperate urban areas would be a no-go if something nationally blew up.

Of all things, watching Last of Us made me realize I'm missing a few things, like a gas siphon so I'm building another bag for my car. I don't know the size I want to make this one yet, because ideally being able to have to take 2 bags if I have my girl with me would be great, but if I'm solo I can't carry 2 big ass bags and I'm also thinking my girl or most people couldn't carry a 30lb-35lb bag for 8-12 hours of walking everyday. So I'm trying to figure out the logistics/ergonomics of that...I may just completely duplicate my other bag and hope for the best
Most serious Hunting bags have a lid that you can detach and use as a daypack.

Obviously you don't want to pack what you can't carry but generally you'd want the biggest pack that you can get. Hunter gather communities don't catch anything on most hunts so you have to gather the most of it and you need as much food and water as you can carry. If you're bugging out somewhere in the winter you'll die if you don't have warm clothes so you need a pack for winter and you can get away with a smaller pack for summer.

brickfare

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
north north
Great time to buy preps, alot of things are the cheapest they have been in 3 years
links to some items? to start I got a couple of water filtration things from amazon a while back. all I have is a Glock 43, a few mags and maybe ~100 self defense rounds smh

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
links to some items? to start I got a couple of water filtration things from amazon a while back. all I have is a Glock 43, a few mags and maybe ~100 self defense rounds smh

Anything related to long term food (Augason Farms) or medical supplies (gloves, mask, sanitizing supplies) etc is cheap

Water storage and filter supplies unfortunately haven't gone down a ton but right now is still the best time to get those especially with tornado and hurricane season coming up

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
i got something like this too down to the not having a bag. pretty much everything i'd need to live in the winter forest for a couple weeks except for a firearm (would be too annoying if that got stolen). it's already saved my ass a couple times when the whip's broken down, one time i got a flat tire during a snowstorm and was wearing sandals but i raided the bug out boxes for hiking boots.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Looking at this thread reminds me a convo I had with my mom

ME: Why don't all rich people build bunkers? Imagine being rich and the bomb is coming and you spent all that money but nothing on a bunker

Mom: Who the fukk wants to live after a nuclear bomb goes off? Just take me with the rest of the people. I'm not trying to walk around eating cockroaches and never seeing the sun

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps

I have preps for each scenario you just said, and more, like I said my current problem is all my stuff is in labeled totes, not a backpack.
Well opinions are just like a$$holes... Do what works for you, a bag is just something to carry shyt in who says it needs to be a 1000 buck hunting pack?

If you have the shyt that you need and want in Tote bags or whatever and you can grab and go you're a thousand times