Get Into Survivalism Brehs

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Freezing rice in the bad it came in from the grocery store then letting it thaw at room temperature. It doesn't harm it. Had rice weevils once and I started searching on how to prevent it.

I suppose the mylar bag with oxygen absorbers could work too.
Hey I'm just hearing about frozen rice but yeah I remember those old boil in a bag rice a roni things.

The Food grade bucket and the mylar bag with oxgen absorbers is the way all the dudes on Doomsday preppers stored their beans and rice.

mavsman

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man I’m horrible at posting links and pics on my phone. Go to the Walmart website and search kerosene heaters. They’re about $168. Use 1-K Heater fuel or Klean-Heat for kerosene. A gallon is around $20 and 2.5 gallons is a little under $40. A gallon will last a whole day if you run it full blast.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
this thread is a trip for someone that grew up with unreliable power grids and so forth. if you want to be truly prepped and you can afford a long vacation go stay in the developing world for a while and don't live like a tourist

The difference is people where you grew up know how to deal with it and losing power doesn't disrupt their flow (too much). Americans and other Westerners have zero preparation for even 12 hours without power.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The difference is people where you grew up know how to deal with it and losing power doesn't disrupt their flow (too much). Americans and other Westerners have zero preparation for even 12 hours without power.
which is why i'm saying a first world idea of what a survivalist is is just a normal day in some developed country :laff:

life is funny like that. I"m talking to my family about harvesting water and solar power on a regular basis over there and they are not survivalists just people trying to beat bad infrastructure :dead:

When I still lived in Africa I seen a lot of people get defeated by rural life that were travellers... nothing like having to use a hole in the ground that doesn't flush to shyt. That was the experience that often broke westerners. The trips would be nice as long as they were in the city with flushing toilets and running water. Give them one week up country and they come back looking like they seen ghosts.

i'll give Americans the edge when it comes to weapon preparedness but that's to be expected. I think that's most peoples focus.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
which is why i'm saying a first world idea of what a survivalist is is just a normal day in some developed country :laff:

life is funny like that. I"m talking to my family about harvesting water and solar power on a regular basis over there and they are not survivalists just people trying to beat bad infrastructure :dead:

When I still lived in Africa I seen a lot of people get defeated by rural life that were travellers... nothing like having to use a hole in the ground that doesn't flush to shyt. That was the experience that often broke westerners. The trips would be nice as long as they were in the city with flushing toilets and running water. Give them one week up country and they come back looking like they seen ghosts.

i'll give Americans the edge when it comes to weapon preparedness but that's to be expected. I think that's most peoples focus.

I remember when I visited Accra and the folks I was staying with lost power and water (no backups on the pumps in the neighborhood) and they were like :yeshrug:here's a bucket and some water we got before the pressure died out.